Can’t join a group after an invite (PS5)

This is crazy, this has been going on for too long they probably just don’t care tbh

1 Like

Howdy Everyone,

We are aware of an issue with invites on consoles not working well. It appears to be one console type to another, such as PS4 to PS5. I have bumped up this thread but recommend posting on the bug report thread here as well.

If we find any workaround or have any updates we will get it out to you asap.

1 Like

There’s quite a lot of threads about this issue so I’m not sure if they can be merged together but since the Nov 17th update we’ve been experimenting with workarounds and it’s mainly affecting the “Invite and Join Group” settings between two console generations as you said.
Hopefully it’s just a simple problem and is fixed as soon as possible, thank you for helping to highlight this issue.

i was unable to join a friend on ps4, but when our friend from xbox invited us we could both join… Also when I switched back to ps4 we were able to join eachother like normal

Same issue. Cannot join my friends, nothing happens when I accept the invite.

We found a work around. Two of my friends could group up so they went into the practice range. I was then able to join group via the social tab.

Howdy Everyone!

I’ve recieved an update for this issue. This is slated to be fixed in the next major patch happening early December, around the 6th. Once this patch has dropped for everyone please try grouping again.

If you run into any issues after the patch let us know here. I will keep an eye on the thread.

2 Likes

is this some sort of joke??? you already had us in the dark for 12 fn days…TWELVE DAYS WITHOUT AN ANSWER and NOW…NOW youre telling us to wait TWO WEEKS for a fix for an issue that shouldnt have been there to begin with???

get tf out of here seriously

3 Likes

You guys continue to let my hatred for this game increase. If this as PC you ppl would not be waiting that long to fix this bill crap

4 Likes

And the most incompetent company award goes to…

2 Likes

Appreciate the response and update. :slight_smile:
( Finally. )
You’re just the messenger I’m sure, so its not your fault it’s late, but I hope those behind fixing bugs like this know that it truly has lessened our collective trust and passion even further. Its morale deflating and exhausting to have to deal with a company that very clearly cares little to nothing for its console playerbase. :frowning:

3 Likes

How long till the patch? This is getting ridiculous. How is this not something that should be fixed immediately? It’s literally keeping a lot of people from playing. Joining game and hoping that someone quits as an only option to join a friend is not a way to keep players happy.

5 Likes

This is stupid, there’s no reason why weeks and weeks later they don’t have this fixed. Who wants to play a 5v5 game by themselves. Over watch you’ve definitely dropped the ball on this one. Zero stars :-1:t3:

It’s still happening, fix this issue. Now.

I figured out a solution: make sure you add the other person as a friend on PSN. Then it will allow you to send invites.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.