"but the majority likes 1-3-2"

How can some people already say if the gamemode is good or bad? I can’t take this serious.
People are hyped or didn’t even like it in first place. Most are overwhelmed and testing stuff. Not to mention the overall toxicity against ‘new’ stuff.

If they stop the card within two weeks I’m pretty sure they just wanted to prove something in a wrong way to force an opinion.

alright then atleast you aren’t biased then

I don’t need to drop a hammer on my foot once to know I won’t like the painful experience. If I drop a hammer on my foot one time, I don’t need to continuously drop it on my foot to verify that I dislike the experience.

16 Likes

I mean how can you know that dipping your hand into boiling water is that bad

You’ve only put your hand in the boiling water once so I don’t think it’s fair to judge it yet. Not enough experience

You don’t need to be a professional to have an opinion

8 Likes

1-3-2 comes with a huge risks

It looses a lot of strategic depth
it becomes far more DPS centric
One big weak point everything will revolves around and no way to fix it (win condition is cut and dry)
OW looses a lot of his core identity

Alienating a big portion of the playerbase by turning the game into something else will fundamentally change the player base in the longterm

Is the risk worth it? Doubt, there is no turning back, if you f up it’s over

21 Likes

Obviously no stats exist to back up that claim and will be proven when they scrap this horrible idea by next week

mean while almost every pro is saying the experiment sucks, as well as most support/tank players ive come across… but you think that your personal experience on these (mostly narrow minded) forums that represent less than 1% of the community is the best way to judge its success

Lol

20 Likes

…Ever heard of Brexit?

1 Like

Funnily enough, this is how democracy works in most democratic countries.

49% vote against a change, but 51% vote in favour…well the change is gonna happen.

An example of this is the EU Referendum in the UK. Brexit happened…despite 48% of voters voting against it.
But I’m not actually trying to get political.

2 Likes

I think that it has its pro’s and cons.

I mean America requires a 2/3 vote right? I’m not totally sure because I’m not from here but its something along those lines right?

1 Like

most matches where there was only 1 tank sucked for that tank. I should know, since I was that dang tank.

16 Likes

Right. That used to be the unlucky throwing comp in Overwatch. You got a solo tank DVA comp and were assured a loss, if you weren’t ready to flex to tank yourself, in about 90% of matches.

5 Likes

In pro league multi tank 2+ comp was normal
Ladder was a clownfiesta

2 Likes

No, it was not to remove bad quality 3 dps games. It was to put DPS back into a game that was running 3 tanks 3 supports and winning every game

2 Likes

I mean. This is exactly how I felt over 2-2-2 and yeah I stopped playing Overwatch as much as I used to.

They can’t make everyone happy. If they want to stick with 2-2-2, guess I will just go back to Apex or whatever. If they go with 1-3-2, guess we’ll lose you. It sucks, but it’s reality. It is impossible for them to make everyone happy.

1 Like

That’s not what I’m hearing, at all. The handful of remaining OW players I personally know all strongly dislike 1-3-2 and say it will be the change that finally pushes them to uninstall.

7 Likes

Development of 2-2-2 started either before GOATS or right at the beginning of GOATS according to devs, so no 2-2-2 was not the answer to GOATS

2 Likes

It GAINS depth. The game becomes flanker oriented. Positioning matters.

In deathball all that strategy goes away

I don’t know about you, but wait times are only inflated in competitive, even then support also sees an inflation of players.

QP hasn’t seen a 10 wait time since January.

Yeah, I guess so. Let’s see how many people truly like it or don’t.

Sure thing.

How ? Ths strategy changes that’s it. It doesn’t disapear. You may want to coordinate well to rush a position, you have to think about your placement a lot more because you can be punished fast, you can take a more bunker compo to defend a choke (Orisa,Widow, Mei, Bastion, Moira, Brig) or a more aggressive one with divers etc… it’s still full of strategy. Just different.

Since you can lose on dps and still being fine a fight and since tanks are supposed to be stronger than other individuals heroes I don’t see how this statement is true.

What is his core identity ? Comps with multiple players with the same hero ? Counterpicking ? Tumultuous fights? Having every role equally represented even tho there is as many dps characters as tank+support ?
I don’t think you can chose one among other and decide it’s the core identity. We would not lose the core identity we would just lose 2/2/2. That’s the only fact.

Yes, same for having 8-15 min queue for the favourite role of most of casual players and for having an fps where fights last for a long time.
I don’t say it’d be better or not, I agree it would change the playerbase, but… so what ?

Now, I’ve argued against almost all your points but let me tell you: I haven’t tried this mode and I don’t even think it would be great to put it live,based on what I’ve seen so far, I kind of dislike it.
I am just trying to keep an objective point of view, while you presented fair fears but only opinion biased while claiming they are facts. They’re not, you’re making personal assumption, I wanted to correct these to make the debate go further.

1 Like