"but the majority likes 1-3-2"

I’ve seen this pop up in discussions, and in games.

People do know that a majority could be 51%? If you lose 49% of your playerbase over one change… that was a horrible change.

If you lose even 25% of your playerbase over 1 change, its not a good change.

And to add to this, we don’t actually know what the majority opinion is, so stop saying it.

94 Likes

How do you even gauge this?

Most Overwatch matches in the history of the game have had 1 tank.

11 Likes

You mean like DPS wait times in 2-2-2?

Naw, disagree. 1-3-2 will be the best change for the game, if Role Queue has to stay in place.

People will enjoy it, and more are liking it than not.

Wont even have to have hero pools with it either.

32 Likes

Now we know as tank mains, how nice it is to have another tank, we know what we are missing out on if that was to be taken away

35 Likes

and? the excuse use for 222 was “majority wants it” all of a sudden that’s no longer acceptable because it pushes against you?

and this fear mongering that “you will lose 25% of your player base if you do this” is complete utter pure bs.

many MANY tank and supports are enjoying it too and a lot of people have come back to try it and enjoyed it.

there is no game to get what you want from OW anywhere else. and if you don’t do something to please your DPS player base youre going to lose a lot MORE than 25% of the player base with games like Project A around the corner.

22 Likes

Where’s your statistics?

36 Likes

They would lose me for sure, I’m actually almost panicking over the forum threads. Been playing since Open Beta, I’ve never loved a game like this, 1-3-2 just feels so terrible, and I’ve been happy with almost all other changes. I don’t want this. Please don’t destroy something I love.

31 Likes

They will get that back with the release of OW2. They can’t [Removed] it up, they have big competitions coming… Project A as an example.

As for myself, 1-3-2 has been an amazing experiment so far. Tanking feels way better, and I love the idea of a huge protector of their team, who can’t fail otherwise their whole team fails. From all points of view, either damage, support or tank, I’ve fallen in love.

I really wish this stays. Obviously, Orisa might needs more, HP raised to 500 and 50% fortify back for example, all tanks except Winston, D.va and Hammond (pretty much except all the mobile ones) need a CC restriction similar to Reinhardt’s passive, too. The tanks all have to be overbuffed into oblivion, which I’m here for and live for.

I feel like this is the direction Overwatch should go in.

One step closer to the originally intended 1-4-1 design. And I’m in love.

12 Likes

That statement is very misleading

You could take a survey of 10000 people and if it’s 5001 - 4999 then you could say that more people voted for [X]

It’s misleading

16 Likes

The reason for 222 was:

• game balance futureproofing
  • removing bad quality 3dps+ games

Edit: Also, to remove 303 goats comps.

18 Likes

Most overwatch matches in the history of the game have also had the option for any one person to switch to a tank at any point in the game if needed too… so what’s your point?

9 Likes

I don’t like 2-2-2, I actually want it completely removed

I don’t want any kind of role-lock

but that’s just my opinion, not really the point

4 Likes

Then play QPC. :woman_shrugging:

14 Likes

Im not surw if more than half the tank players like this change. I certainly dont. So this could backfire big time in terms of dps waiting time.

I sure as hell am switching to dps if this goes trough. If i can bare the waiting time.

13 Likes

I understand it’s fun to play with another tank. But lets face it, tanks (let alone good ones) are just not a popular role. It’s no ones fault, it’s just how it is.

Main tanking is obviously very very important, no one is sayingn otherwise. THat’s why they want to buff solo tanks a lot.

And we hated these games, it’s why we argued so hard for 222, because we felt that the games with multi dps sucked, but the games where had real comps were so good it was worth rolling the dice on. If you enforce solo tank, forget it, there’s no hope for the game to play the way you want.

11 Likes

To be fair, most people didn’t like the randomness to not having set roles and crossing your fingers you get some supports, tanks and dps.

Having roles is a GREAT thing, how we distribute the roles is where the rub is.

2 Likes

The forums. more are speaking for it then against it, especially as more times goes on and the “of tank” theory becomes not true anymore.

4 Likes

Newness factor can create a significant bias in terms of favor and in terms of actual impact on DPS queue times. Tanks are changed so obviously people want to try those changes out, skewing the results. If a longer test were conducted, you’d find that curve flattening out and DPS queue times would increase proportionally.

16 Likes

^ This.

Unless backed by an actual Stat that is backed up from a trusted source and is at least semi-reliable, then don’t insist what you know what majority is. Plain and simple. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes