"but the dps queue times"

most people play overwatch to play an FPS game and shoot stuff

its no wonder the DPS queues are the longest, its what people are generally more interested in

1 Like

glad there are other sensible people who can see it as well

Now we finally have a shotgun without joke spread.

That’s a really solid argument.

Although the easier argument is “we ain’t getting any heroes any time soon, so why are we even discussing it like that’s a possibility anytime in the foreseeable future.”

1 Like

no matter how many tanks/support characters their are. the majority of players will still go dps just to frag

Been having a lot of trouble with people who think otherwise over here.

✅ [Brawler Role] DPS Queue Fix

eh I disagreed with the idea as well I just didn’t comment about it. Honestly I think as good as it is to always have 2 tanks and 2 healers old overwatch was better, you had more frag potential, and the less organized play was part of what made it fun

The gimmick I’m going for is that you could put a lot of DPS players into the OffTank Role, if you make OffTanks into fat DPS with good queue times.

And put most of them into 2OffTank-2 Damage-2Heal games versus 2OffTank-2 Damage-2Heal.

And then for however many barrier tanks you have do
1BarrierTank-1OffTank-2 Damage-2Heal
Versus
1BarrierTank-1OffTank-2 Damage-2Heal

But I do play DPS. I play every role. That’s why I want more supports and tanks. To even out the queue times for DPS.

3 Likes

I love it when someone rages about how much they hate DPS players and then at the end of their post says “but u know I’m just concerned about DPS and their queue times!!”

Such manipulative scummy thing to do… lol
They’re pure rage abs hatred is disguised as “but it’s cuz I care bout u!!”

2 Likes

I don’t play DPS because of the queue times, not because I don’t want to

I honestly think the reason so many people play DPS is because it’s the easiest hero to get carried on.

If you queue as Rein and you’re not paying attention, you’re gonna be perma charged and your team shattered every fight.
Same thing if you play support and end up dead on cooldown.
If you’re not paying attention on those roles you lose. But if you play DPS you can just shoot shield and even if you get flanked and die losing a DPS is not as big of a deal.
It used to be like that at least for a long time till double shield meta. Ever since then, with the DPS role’s impact increased to match the other roles, you can play braindead mode anymore and THAT is why a lot of bad DPS players losing games are upset.
The game is at the perfect state for DPS as well as all roles and I’d like to see it kept this way. Btw dedicated DPS player here who started playing all 3 roles after hero bans.

maybe we would if the qeueu times weren’t horrible, there’s still people who would like to flex but aren’t willing to sit in a qeue for longer than actual matches.

stop assuming tanks and supports don’t also would like to play dps sometimes for variety.

1 Like

soldier, widow, mccree, tracer, hanzo, sombra

why do you need a homing missile to hit a moving target? bad aim bro?

I do…

What do you mean I don’t.

1 Like

this facade of “oh we wanted this hero for your benefit :)” thats a blatant lie.

Oh, it is, but when I’m saying this was dumb as paint, it isn’t because I don’t dps.

Btw, I’m curious about your critique in this idea I’ve been working on.

I need to rephrase it all, I’m afraid.

But I figure if you can entice DPS players to play offtanks, and make the majority of the games be DoubleOfftank vs DoubleOffTank games. Then you neutralize the main problem with DoubleOffTank.
And you can soak up a ton of otherwise DPS players.

✅ [Brawler Role] DPS Queue Fix

I’ve seen this statement used more as a consolation for bitter support mains saying “At least the DPS queues will be longer”. That’s not much better though as it means that they take comfort in other people’s inconveniences.

Source: The thread I made yesterday was full of such nastiness.

I mean I will be playing less of each since Echo is literally a DPS with the ability to take the advantages of playing Tank/ Support, without the weakness most of them suffer from

Why would I spend every game playing Ana/ Lucio or Brig/ Zen depending on what tanks aren’t nerfed into the ground, when I can just play a DPS and take the benifits from the other team, all while actually having fun

1 Like