"but the dps queue times"

You dont care.

You dont play DPS

Echo being a DPS doesn’t change anything. Stop using the queue time argument to promote your bias

13 Likes

I play flex and i’m disappointed that Echo is a DPS because it makes the queue times worse for dps. Am i allowed to have an opinion on the matter?

33 Likes

Hey, I’m a DPS main. I care about DPS queue times, and I think it’s a very valid reason to argue against hero 32 having been a DPS.

And I don’t think it’s unjustified for Supports/Tanks to try to appeal to DPS to show how this hurts them, too, in an effort to send a message to Blizzard that they made a bad decision.

34 Likes

you can have the opinion, but complaining about it after the decision is already made doesn’t do anything but make devs not want to release any content.

And I promise she won’t effect queue times much

2 Likes

Honestly, she won’t in the long run and every new character messes with queues when first released, but it’s doing nothing to help queue times either, which is more the issue for me. Like yeah she’s neat and whatever (though her kit doesn’t really feel like it matches her lore stuff) but I think the main thing people are upset about is that we do need (and have needed for a while) just a bunch of support and tanks to balance out the roster.

5 Likes

Im pretty sure they designed her to be a shield breaker for the upcoming tanks coming out, who I assume from that are going to be main tanks to help both the tank roster and queue times.

They decided to release those tanks counter before they release the tanks themselves, because
A: Shes insanely fun to play, she takes a lot of time to master, she has difficult mechanics, and
B: They don’t want a broken meta because of introducing one of the other characters they have in development that has no counterplay

they’ve been designing echo to be a DPS since 2018

2 Likes

If it were for me I would have removed comp from ow long ago.

I play DPS. I am not excited about the queue times.

4 Likes

OK so you’re a casual player, good for you.

They won’t change much at all, probably a few days of 10-15 minute queues until the hype dies

I’m just glad she is a Moira/Shield tank/Brig counter so y’all can finally actually try to counter pick and not 1 trick Genji as much.

3 Likes

600 hours is not a casual, I just don’t give an f about comp.

8 Likes

Im glad that shes a high mobility character like genji that actually has impact on games

that is exactly what casual is, even if you’re a dedicated casual

3 Likes

Honestly the most reasonable point I’ve heard so far. Going to keep my eyes open and hope you’re right, but they’ve been promising a bunch of new tanks and supports for a while, so i’m not getting my hopes too high up.

2 Likes

I’ll take that over Crying about Not being able to 1 trick Genji and win all the time. She can beat the heroes y’all complain about.

4 Likes

correct, and she benefits being a flex player.

I think they wanted us to get a head start with echo, and I think the oncoming heroes are gonna be absolute powerhouses

2 Likes

‘‘dedicated casual’’ doesn’t even exist, just because you’re a tryhard comp player doesn’t make you any more hardcore than me or the others who don’t play much comp.

3 Likes

Yea, but there is the existing queue problem as well. I was hoping for a solution to that which Echo definitely doesn’t help with.

clearly it does

I mean even outside of me playing comp I’ve played more than you since that what you use to validate “being a fan” or wtv. Across Xbox, then PC, having 2 level 500 accounts, and my 2 alt accounts being level 380 and level 265, idk man.

removing comp from the game would just mean you would get more tryhards in your quickplay games. And comp is more fun than quickplay anyways IMO

No argument was made so no, it doesn’t and it was something you made up in your mind only.

Then you just have no life, it’s different than being a hardcore fan/player.

2 Likes

??? lol ok dude good talk