Buffs Ramattra needs

Ram is alot of fun to play, but he sucks as a tank and a dps. This can be easily fixed. First, add a glow to his primary fire. This will make it easier to see where his attacks are landing for you and the enemy. Right now its way too hard to see.

Second, while i agree the damage reduction to enemies on ult was the right move, he is way too squishy to make any use of it. Right now the onkt reason to go nemesis is to get the extra health. Instead i would suggest giving him the health boost AND a 30% damage reduction from enemies. Itll help him survive as well as make him a primaty focus to the enemy.

3 Likes

More visible attack beam would be good for both himself and enemy team. So good suggestion.

His Ult doesn’t need a buff - If your supports can keep healing him during his Ult he should be effective enough. Not to mention how effective infinite-ult is for overtime…

7 Likes

Baby steps first. We have bigger concerns with sojourn somehow being stronger than she was before with a damage boost :joy: these devs are hopeless.

10 Likes

I would prefer if his primary in omnic form got faster projectile speed and his Vortex got more verticality to it. As of right now you cant do squad to a Pharah, which is completely contrary to whats advertised. His pummel in Nemesis doesnt reach and his Omnic primary spray is impossible to hit at range.

His Ult feels fine tbh.

Also Vortex should cancel wall climb. It should deny any form of verticality, so Kiriko just climbing to high ground in Vortex feels very stupid.

3 Likes

Honestly, I think they should make his shield like Orisa’s old barrier… longer duration and just replaced when you put up a new one or transform. Either that or just make it like Sig’s but doesn’t move out… just placed stationary at will.

1 Like

Barrier would be fine if it had more height. Currently its useless against high ground or airborne heroes. Omnic form feels pretty underwhleming the more i play him.

1 Like

Im fine with bartier height, it SHOULD work woth vorxet to prevent pharas and such going over. But why does it have a 4 second timer? Keep the rediculous 15 second cool down but make it permanent. Its eaay to break, espexially by another Ramattra.

Everything about him has the potential to be amazing but they just screw it up as usual.

1. larger proj hitbox
  2. +20% movespeed or so in nemesis
  3. some benefit to blocking besides just dmg reduction, like an aoe shockwave or cone based on dmg taken when he cancels it, or combine 2 with this to give movespeed based on dmg taken, whatever this is should be disabled during his ult
  4. some way to get shield out faster or move it

i don’t think the devs even play the game anymore because of how trash they balanced it :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

the only thing I Can think of right now is the cd on his shield. Its not even that strong compared to the others. That timer and cd are horrible. I dooooo like the suggestion to make his projectiles a little faster and mostly brighter.

The cooldown is fine because hes meant to survive in nemesis form while barrier is not available. They probably dont want you to solo one mode only, but swap constantly. So i dont really mind this. But the barrier currently is pretty bad as Ramattra is completely useless against enemies using high ground or being airborne. They can just shoot over the barrier unless youre hugging it, or youre setting it up on the high ground which leaves you completely open on the low ground. Just had a game where a Junkrat was sitting on a roof and spams his nades. Cant reach him, cant shoot him, cant even barrier that properly.

Correct. And it grows more obvious everyday. :joy:

1 Like

Your playing him in quick play only. Whats the point in saying what, if anything he needs when it doesnt matter. Bubble burst! Blizzard knows much more then you or I as they tested the character for 6 monthes(actually had him around for 1 year+)but you less then 24 hrs knows better? Its a sales tactic to get you to buy season pass and then make “suggestions” they are more then aware of after they took your money. Harsh world eh.

But hey, i feel l8ke an idiot too. I bout season 2 pass like a moron thinking i could play the new tank in comp… by the time hes unlocked the free route makes more sense. Lesson learned, blizzard can kiss my money good bye and be lucky if i dont conpletely switxh games.

His kit is absolutely spot on as how a tank should be defined, wherein debuffs and area denial are his primary skill, but those are the things that should be the focus, and expanded upon, not damage.

current ramattra is an embarrassment, hopefully the devs can better tune him, i mean you should be able to charge his puny vortex or something man, come on, the only way that he’s viable is if you are getting double pocketed, and if that’s the case than this is a wasted character release

1 Like

Exactly. And great idea on chargung vortex. More damage you block, higher it reaches. Right now the chatacters its meant to counter are the ones that beat counter it.

1 Like

i was thinking he just charges it in his hand for a second or two longer so that he’s not to alike to doomfist a bit like how you can charge winston’s secondary fire

I may need to play more, but I think Vortex would be a lot better if it traded off it’s damage for disabling mobility abilities, and got a bit taller.

It’s meant to be a snare for flankers and fliers, but it’s currently a bootleg sojourn bomb.

Hell, make the projectile of the vortex toss slower for brief counterplay too. If the enemy gets a chance to dodge the vortex before it lands, it’d be a great reward, or a suitable punishment for getting caught in it.

I’d need to play more, but it just seems useless right now.

I do like his weapons and nem mode. His barrier could use a lil less CD, and his ult is fine: super strong but easily countered with barrier dancing.

He’s already heavily focused and I struggle with his primary fire not getting enough use most because his projectiles don’t glow and do enough damage outside of headshots so that doesn’t help things at all.

Damage reduction on his alt would be a good idea as well.

1 Like

I think the ult should slow down the people who are inside it. I’ve had many occasions where they just run out of the AoE