❄ BTC Mei Tank Rework

You seem to forget one of the main things. How Mei supposed to be a tank with her size? In terms of both gameplay and lore?

Lower HP. Lower than Zaryas and she is not a big tank either.

Did you watched that video? He explains it. She has the urge to PROTECT the world. Her wall is like a barrier, her iceblock is like roadhogs take a beather and her ult is already like Hammods ult in terms of space creation. The only thing that would change are some numbers and cooldowns.

1 Like

I mean from what we’ve seen Blizzard’s big changes will probably be small numbers like this last experimental card. Not even a half-rework or any serious mechanical changes, just small number balance changes…

And it’ll probably be the case until OW 2 and even after OW2 launches they’ll probably rest a bit soooo i don’t see a hero being reworked into another role in like 1,5 year…

Jeff recently talked about this. (Check what he said in the last 48 hours.)

1 Like

Did he? D :

I must have missed it.

1 Like
2 Likes

Ummm i mean. IT’s the usual “not saying anything directly so we can wait with any change for 4 months”. I mean it sounds like the usual and we will get something like:

Zen ORbs travel now 0.000004 sec faster or Mei will smile when you hit her headhitbox or something.

It’s June.

It’s always been June.

That’s what he is hinting at.

I noticed it last year.

There is always something big on the ptr in June.

There was Torb rework, Storm Arrow Changes, Sym Rework and Role Que. (etc)

June always been a Ptr focus month.

They been likely saving for it.

1 Like

The things i’d do for a new support hero… (Doesn’t have to be a new one ya’ know… You can always rework Sombra for example to be a Support and her gun could heal teammates if you track them similar to Ana’s weapon :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: just Sayin… Or how about moving Sym back to the support role and make her beam heal teammates by recharging their health with barrier HP? )

If we rework Sombra though, we rework all the health packs as well.

Since they literally had to nerf some because of Sombra.

With Sym however it’s more around choke points…

Dependant on Devs future view.

(Going to sleep now.)

1 Like

I mean who am i kidding i quit the support role 1 month ago :rofl: :rofl: (and this is the part when the laughing turns into slow crying :sob:)

Still Don’t like the options among the Supports.

After Sym left.

Was stuck with Brig only.

And none of the others fill that gap Sym left behind.

2 Likes

I really wished she would become a support again…

3 Likes

Yeah but this would change surprisingly little, even about her gameplay, other than dropping a Mei’s queue time from 10 minutes to 3 seconds.

1 Like

I remember when the forums would get mad at people posting the opinions of Seagull or Jayne about things. They were in the pro scene (player and coach) and knew a lot about the game.

And yet we get posts of a Youtube clickbaiter and everyone loves it…

Here you go, straight from the horse’s mouth.

I don’t get these posts at all… Mei doesn’t even look a bit like a tank, making her a tank would just disagree with her design. It’s like making Tracer a tank or Reinhardt a healer.

Mei has one of the most fun and interesting kits in the game, leave her alone. Dont make her a tank.

Think like this : you will probably queue for tank then with almost instant matches

In this case, I’d say it’s less about the person and more about the idea. Mei being moved to Tank has long been a popular topic, especially of late.

3 Likes