Brutal Truth to everyone Whining about "Deleting Brigitte"

People outside of the movement were asking for nerfs anyway, in pro play. It would have happened regardless if “#deletebrig” existed or not. They did do a great job in giving DPS mains an even worse name though, so there’s that.

at the time of the movement happening the only nerfs brig got were tiny cooldown increases to her stun. That was already bad enough but i remember there being a quote from blizzard at that point saying they thought that brig was in a “good place” and then thats what caused the pro outrage and led to the deletebrig movement. Blizzard had straight up said that they thought brig was in a balanced spot and weren’t gonna do more while the entire pro community though otherwise, so it led to the deletebrig outrage so they could actually convey the message to bliz that she’s not in an acceptable spot.

1 Like

And their leader was apparently extremely toxic, which completely undermined anything they were trying to achieve. I recall them still vouching to delete the hero from the game despite her nerfs, and I guess the movement just fell apart after that or something…

So in the end, looking back Brig is still a strong pick despite the nerfs she’s gotten, she still exists in the game, and nothing of value was lost.

How can you not get mad watching the best players in the world got forced to play Brigitte match after match?

1 Like

Wrong thread bud, this is talking about people whining about deleting brig.

I’m all for a rework since her kit has a lot more potential than it does currently design-wise but at the same time it’s hard to trust the devs to do reworks with how the past few went, not only that but the balancing process in general is painfully slow.

1 Like

She’s literally only good in GOATs due to her kit. I get that it’s annoying to hear people say “delete brigitte cause i don’t like her”, but you really shouldn’t pay attention to it. Sure I play Brigitte, but I don’t mostly complain about what people say about her. It’s their opinion and they’re entitled to it. No reason to complain about what they say.

In a sense deleting Brigitte would be the best thing that could ever happen to this game. Of course Blizz won’t do it, but at least they would learn to not make another hero like her

2 Likes

If they can complain about deleting brig, I don’t see anything wrong with telling them that the staff will not delete brig. Different opinions and all that.

Yeah, but my point is simply telling those folks that we need to realize that they aren’t going to delete a hero. It’s a waste of energy to constantly ask for something they will never do. I mean sure, they can knock themselves out, but it may be more productive to ask for something they will actually consider (like a rework, nerf, or buff), instead of going the extremist route.

So, you thought that someone saying “delete brig” is actually thinking or hoping devs are going to remove her from the game?

Let’s say you didn’t think that, let’s give you benefit of the doubt… what’s the purpose of the thread then?

3 Likes

There are actually people who are hoping to delete brig from the game, hence this thread,

Yeah, but at this point it’s basically not that important since staff ain’t gonna do anything. Only thing overwatch team will do is just buff, nerf or fix bugs. Maybe they’ll even add in more content and a lore event that’s PvE based. Even then what’s the point of trying to correct them or reply if they’ll still continue saying “delete brig” if it ain’t happening.

If people make threads asking to delete brig, people can make threads telling them that it won’t happen.

1 Like

But, who are those people? This entire thread is basically people answering with “it’s not literal” or agreeing with you or talking about whether she’s broken or bad etc.

Where are those who think deletebrig can result in actually deleting her?

2 Likes

Y’know they could just ignore either threads entirely and talk about other topics. For instance one thread wouldn’t be active if it has zero replies and later get buried under the other popular threads in latest.

1 Like

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/search?q=%22delete%20brig%22

Didn’t want to. Wanted to make a thread about it. So I did. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

You gave me a search with the phrase. It will show me bunch of people using the phrase. That doesn’t point to anything.

1 Like

Nah. It also points to various threads of people asking to delete brig,.

Even if they’re either threads or replies of people wanting to delete Brigitte, but should they be taken seriously?
If anything it’s a meme at this point or players who haven’t adapt yet and complain in general. Plus the link is just a search with phrase which really doesn’t make it up if there’s some more credible posts.

1 Like

Doesn’t mean that people aren’t asking to delete brig and actually believe it will happen.