Bronze placement bug is INSANE

bronze placement bug is INSANE

4 Likes

doesnt seem to be a bug… although thats fair to assume with the way the rest of the game is. its just a very very VERY poor matching system. heroes of the storm was the same way… just terrible mmr system

4 Likes

I went 14-2 ( solo ) and didn’t budge outta bronze 5 while also leading games in healing getting plays etc …
Being bad is acceptable sure . But I’m not this bad I greatly exceeded my expectations during placements and still worst rank possible with absolutely no progress even at 14-2

3 Likes

Also I notice the stat trackers are BROKEN .
I’ve played a TON of widow racking up great stats in QP before unlocking ranked and it reads I’ve only played like 4 min of widow and won 1 game having like 10 kills per life and a 250 win % .
Something is def broken when calculating stats in OW2 could be related to the ranked bug

2 Likes

Wins have been decoupled from rank. Compare your stats in games to all other players in the lobby. If you are consistently the best, every game, you will climb out of bronze 5, even if you lose every game.

1 Like

Flagged for trolling

Try to ignore the brown noses defending blizzard

Let’s get back on topic

1 Like

Exactly, every 7 wins should logically move you up a tier from 5 to 4 at the very least.

Since when does performing well and winning mean staying the same rank?

Clearly a bug that needs fixing and Blizzard are still afk on this matter.

2 Likes

Nope. If this was the case we could just rank up after 7 wins and all be GM by the end of the week.

2 Likes

GM doesn’t have tiers so that’s completely different

1 Like

I’m one of the biggest advocates of the matchmaker being broken, I was being sarcastic

Look, the matchmaker is for sure broken but what you said here doesn’t make sense. Eventually everyone is going to win 7 matches, you can’t just get ranked up for winning every 7 matches, it’s based on how you perform in the time leading up to the 7 wins…which is still stupid.

Matchmaking has been broken since day 1 of OW1.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s a bug, considering I skipped 2 ranks after winning 7 games as DPS. Was silver 5, skipped to silver 3 as placement after 7 wins.

What??

Of course it does.

Might be a bug. No idea as bliz devs haven’t pit any info out. Understandable.

When all stats disappear and from this point no stats are recorded…it’s a bug and to what extemt it’s affecting other results is unknown. It could be a bronze bug, but again no body knows.

What’s performing well though? I doubt the algorithm just goes off the stats shown in-game. If it did that would be a pretty easy system to abuse. Obviously that doesn’t help much, but is it possible that you’re getting good in-game stats, wining matches, but also playing poorly from the matchmakers point of view?

the bug is for bronze 5 specifically. thats why you think there doesnt seem to be a bug. people who got bronze 4 or higher experienced no issue.
but for some reason many many people as high as diamond and plat got bronze 5 and cannot rank up

1 Like

you are in denial. this is all over the web brother. legit there is a bronze 5 bug RN.
people are going on multiple 7 game win streaks and getting all the top stats and cannot rank up.
there is no defense, you cannot say maybe they are worse then they think. its just math. the system is broken

it took me quite a few games to get out of bronze 5 for my roles… i thought it was bugged too, same thing with a bunch of people on my friends list… but i havent seen but one person on the forums talking about they were diamond and ended up in bronze and cant move, the majority that were plat /diam and went to bronze say theyve climbed out. or maybe im just not seeing the right threads? i could’ve missed things.

edit: Also… the ow community is a special type of re****** in my experience. never seen anything like it. ppl report for any copium smoking reason. cry toxicity. egirls. fembois. catbois… and wait for the foxbois thanks to the new hero… so unless theres a bunch of posts like that, not sure i trust one or two, know what i mean?

2nd edit: oh yeah and dont forget 20% of the Looking for group titles… daddy doms, mommys, guy looking for stockings egirl… i mean… jesus, ive never seen that stuff in any other game :stuck_out_tongue:
and its been like that every day for the last 3 months of OW1

1 Like

there a numerous reports all over the internet about people whos friends were able to rank up but they werent. basically anyone who got bronze 5 is stuck, but everyone else ranks up if they winstreak.

1 Like

you say basically anyone… but theres a long list of ppl climbing out, myself included. so im not convinced its a bug yet… and this release has been buggy as hell. not denying that… im just more convinced the mmr system is junk and stupid. but i will look through the threads and see if i cant be convinced otherwise.

So you got placed in bronze 5 and got out of it? How many games/wins did it take?