Bronze Comp is unplayable

It is impossible to get a fair match where people on your team and the opposing team are of a similar skill level. Perusing the group list makes it easy to find multiple 6 stacks of people intentionally throwing games to lower their SR. Once they’re done lowering their SR, they destroy match making for people in Bronze. I’m not asking for magical transportation out of Bronze, I just want a fair opportunity to play against people of my skill level. I’d like to feel like the reason I lose games is because I didn’t do enough to turn it into a win. However, the way games go now is that I always have to wonder if my wins were carried by a teammate that didn’t belong in Bronze, and my losses were carried by the same on the opponent’s team. Sometimes smurfs are completely obvious, level 35 accounts grouped up, and wiping the floor with our team.

I’ve submitted hundreds of reports for these people in throwing groups, yet there are always plenty of people to fill the groups. Every single day Blizzard encourages me that they’ve taken action against the accounts I’ve reported, but the flow is endless.

Some times when I tell people they’ve been reported for throwing, they friend request me and prove that they are truly despicable people with no regard for the players whose game they are damaging. One thrower told me in the midst of his abusive chat that the only way he could have an SR in low bronze was if he literally stood still and did nothing. The pervasive opinion of throwers is that no one actually belongs in Bronze, so it doesn’t matter if they throw down to that level and destroy these games.

I have worked hard, watched videos, studied my own recordings and did everything I know how to do in order to climb out of bronze. Nothing works, and it doesn’t matter how much effort I put forth, there isn’t a reward at the end. I win a few games and get encouraged, only to run into clear obvious smurfs for the next 3-5 games to erase all my progress.

It wouldn’t be hard to monitor the group titles for this type of behavior. They use THROW, DERANK, ROAD TO BRONZE, and other similar titles to entice people to join them. They may feel that grouping up into 6 stacks is absolving them of the responsibility for ruining people’s games, but they completely ignore the consequences of what happens after they have an invalid SR.

If someone is reported for gameplay sabotage, and action is taken against the perpetrator account, the results of the game(s) where they disrupted play should be cancelled. The ill gotten SR gains and losses should be erased. People should be rewarded for reporting violating behavior. Reporting should be encouraged. People who have been reported should be notified and required to respond to make a case for themselves as to whether the report is valid. Just having to defend themselves might make it so they reconsider their actions and stop without having to be reprimanded.

I’ve even seen people twitch streaming and bragging about how they threw down to bronze only to climb back up to where they were before. People do it to laugh at the low skilled players tilt, or to make themselves feel better about how awesome they are at the game.

Please work to end this toxic environment. I want to play comp and get better.

4 Likes

Hey man, I fully understand all of this and it’s no better in silver, gold and plat, however if you want, you can add me and you can join a few friends of mine and we’ll play together, if you’re up for it we’ll even point out things you’re doing wrong and how to improve.

Ğųãŗđĩąŋ#2667

2 Likes

2019-04-29

ENDME wasn’t very subtle tonight, his group name was THROWINGTHROWINGTHROWINGTHROWINGTHROWINGTHROWINGTHROWINGTHROWINGTHROWINGTHROWINGTHROWING. Already had 5 people in it.

Right afterward, I found a group from MYSTYKE that was full named “ROAD TO BRONZE - NO MIC REQ - 3180 MAX” They’re off to skew SR calculations for Diamond, Platinum, Gold, Silver, AND Bronze.

Oh, and another from OWO - “D E R A N K I N G - 1000” Already almost to the bottom that group.

Another “ROAD TO BRONZE - THROWING ~~~~ 1500”. Definitely not hard to tell why these groups exist.

After a win in comp with a low level junkrat, who I reported for being not very bronze, I come back to POUYA with “THROW GROUP (1800 - 2800) THROWING TO BRONZE - SILVER”. This is all just tonight.

Oh, here’s a future full stack thrower… His name is… “THROWING”. Level 21 now, but reported for good measure. Just one evening here folks. There are throwers everywhere.

Just about to go to bed, and found PUDDING324, he’s level 25, and in a group “DERANK TO <500, I’M 1500”. I like that he used a comma, so he’s not illiterate. Aiming for the bottom. Found McChicken, ToxicGame, Peanuts, and hacker in that group.

2019-04-30 - Next Night

First day of a new season, have a screenshot of 3 throwing groups all at the same time.

DERANK LF DUO OR STACK (3.2K) - TRYHARD7
DERANK PLACEMENTS 1200-500 - ( ^ - ^ ) /
DERANK PLACEMENTS 1200-2200 - COOLDUDE12

This is pathetic. Just look at the people playing, Blizzard.

SILVER THROWING, ONLY THE HAWTEST CUTIES CAN JOIN NO UGLY E BOIS - JMATT

2019-05-01

As soon as I login I find

DERANK GOLD AND DIAMOND
a moment later
THROWING TO BRONZE I’M 1900
and
DERANK TO SILVER 2.5K
LOSING PLACEMENTS 1500-2500
In about 20 minutes I’ve put in 30 reports.

Later, came back to multiple throwing groups, one was a repeat
LOSING PLACEMENTS 1500-2500
and
DERANK TO BRONZE 1500 LOWER

2019-05-02

Another day, another bunch of throwers
#DERANK / 500-1500 / FAST!
DERANKING SMURF COMP
DERANKING 2K TO 500
THROWING/DERANK GROUP
ROAD TO BRONZE / BOTTOM 500 (3200)
DERANK/THROWING 1000-2000 SR
THROWING GROUP BRONZE 0-2000 SR
DERANK TO <500

2019-05-03

NOT WINNING TO BRONZE
D3RANK1NG W/EGIRL (2100-1100 SR, LVL 25+)
THROWING GROUP AROUND GOLD
ROAD TO BRONZE (WARNING!! T H R O W S T A C K) CURRENT SR:1200
900-1700 SR THROWING WE GETTING THAT L STREAK
Then three groups at once, some repeats, but there are around 10-20 people actively throwing at any given time in the evenings…

2019-05-04

ROAD TO BRONZE 1000-2000 SR
THROW TO BRONZE 900-1800 SR
DERANK TO BRONZE PLAT BELOW
DERANK TO BRONZE I’M 1.9!
THROWING TO BRONZE 2000-3000
DERANK: ~2.4 SR
DERANK 2100-1100
PLS SMURFS HELP ME TO SILVER
THROWING TO BRONZE 1200-2200
DERANK 1600ISH
DERANK 2000-1500 SR