Bronze 5 bug still exists?

I know that. I’m a main Mercy (or at least I try to be one). I know that my best way to use my kit is to boost as much as I can, heal, secure kills, win duels. use GA properly etc. I’ve had my games reviewed and other than a few positioning mistakes, I did very well.

The problem is that in Bronze5, those little mistakes are not supposed to punish u that much. It is supposed that in B5 are the new players who know nothing about the game.

Every game I played gave me a feeling that I am going up. Overwatch is the only game that makes me feel that I am worse day by day. I know I am not the best Mercy in the world. The higher I got was S1. So it’s a little hard to tell a silver minded player that they should learn to play like GM if they wanna get out of Bronze.

That’s not normal. The ranking ups should take place naturally for everybody. By learning skills, by improving your gameplay, learning how to position, and have a good impact on games overall.

And yes, I am using the stats to see if I was good enough compared to my other teammates and the enemy team. I like to compare myself to other supports because that helps me know if I did good before watching the replays (I always do that).

Ofc it’s not only about healing. I never said that. I have a 4 KDA on Mercy. I win most duels against Reapers, Tracers and flankers. I even managed to duo a Hog the other day, lmao.

But still. My games are full of Moiras who yell at me to heal beam because they wanna do dps. Or dps that yell at me to stop using my pistol or blue beam and just to stay with the heal beam on them looking at the stars.

So yea, this I will never get. How comes that a support that knows better than new players (for instance), with over 500 hours on this role, are still in bronze 5 with the new players that don’t even know where the health packs are on the maps…

oh, how well I know that. That’s why I started training with Mercy so I can secure kills. I use it a lot and on most games I have like 6-10 kills with a best of 21 in a game. I really don’t wanna change to Moira. I used it, it’s okay to climb, but I played her too much and she’s boring. But yeah, I’ve noticed that usually with Moira I have more kills, dmg and healling than all the dps and supports lmao.

Then you just need to try grouping with someone to climb as mercy. Because it’s hard. It’s not impossible but no matter how much you heal a potatoe it’s still a potato and it isn’t helping the kills.

1 Like

So I’ll be honest, in the lower ranks I do expect some level of incompetency because there is going to be at least some range of players at all ranges of seriousness. I would hope that the devs have some sort of algorithm that is more complex than Win + Lose / Draw + POTG Bonus = 50 DKP Minus, but I’m assuming this SR calculation fills that role.

I’m totally willing to accept the answer we keep coming back to Bronze 5 is just that hard to get out of and I don’t see any @BlizzardDevelopers on here telling us one way or the other.

It just still seems a little odd to me, like the fact that I was just bronze 3 and 4 and now 5. So I shouldn’t be deep in bronze 5, I also understand my Win/Loss ratio isn’t good - but I’d hope being top damage of the match in some of those losses being calculated in there somewhere, and there is always the random Ashe that shows up and triples everyone else damage in the entire match.

Ultimately though, if not a bug then maybe worth still looking at it.

• I had no problem reaching Bronze 1 last season.
  • Played a variety of FPS, MMO, and Strategy games.
  • Screenshots have no UI change except the characters played. (some sort of progress would be nice)
  • I immediately went from qualifiers to Silver III support - so I guess I can heal at least?
  • I just can’t imagine that I’ve scaled that much worse in DPS.

TLDR; I’ll let you know when I’ve overcome Bronze 5 at least - I know what I need to work on, so we’ll see if I can beat a patch note.

Just today, I had 5 consecutive wins with very good stats. It told me I am better than 94% of the players. Still in bronze 5 though. I am gonna lose my mind. My win-loss is 17-4 now and still in bronze 5.

Same here on PS5/PS4. I started with Bronze 5. Then won 2x5 games, lost only 2. However, I NEVER get promoted to Bronze 4 or 3.

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. Here’s a link to my post in case you’d like to read more about this issue: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put your thread under: Bronze 5 Bugs. Please help in spreading the word about this megathread and other related threads regarding these issues.

Funny thing, in OW1 we knew what matters in order to climb. Imo it was a better system where you would have received sr points not only for winning but for what you did in game too. Not all stats were taken into consideration, but some things where. And I don’t understand why they don’t do this anymore.

They said that they can’t tell if a players stats actually helped in game. But there are so maaany things you can take into consideration. Like if you win as Mercy and you saved 15 players, and all of them stayed alive and weren’t killed in the next 3 seconds after the save, or you resurrected 5 players and you didn’t die after that so those were good resurrections, that’s the prove you did well in game so you should recieve more sr points. And we can do that with all the heroes by giving them more points if they use their kit properly and are getting less punishments in game because of poor manage of the kits.

unfortunately, devs confirmed there was a bug with the message received after each set of wins, but they didn’t confirm there is a bug with the ranking up system after looking into it. Morgan Maddren confirmed on Twitter that there are some big changes in the matchmaking and ranking system and they will explain more by the end of the week. Hopefully, we’ll understand then what changes they implemented so we can start playing accordingly. Idk if the W/L ratio is the only one that matters anymore (like in S3), the feeling is that there is much more around it.

1 Like

5/2 run, go from gold 5 to gold 5, next run, same, another run 5/2 rank again, go from gold 5 to gold 4, I am, so change to my dps, 5/2 rank, go from bronce 5 to bronce 5, Im mad, again, 5/0 go to bronce 5 to bronce 3… and Im still mad, this is not right, so to get silver, I need to win 15 games with no LOSE?

Someone let me know if this is ok, because if is ok I would never open overwatch again.

same here, dev better just give us our SR number instead of ranking in black box.

That is true, the rank adjustment system is still extremely vague and unpredictable, but as I’ve said in a previous comment, that has always been the case since launch and the fact the Devs have yet to address it implies that it’s intentional. I hope the Devs will finally give us some deeper insights on exactly how the rank adjustment system works because as it stands, the fact players are able to rank up with extreme negative winrates and vice versa makes zero sense and is either a bug or a poor design choice that needs to be addressed.

well, they did come with a blogpost about matchmaking but it’s the same old: “we are working on it”.

1 Like

Yes this would help or find a way to merge both to make this work, I understand the idea for why they did this but I don’t think it was made for this game maybe in OW1.

I am also experiencing this bug. For tank had 5 wins 1 loss and didn’t rank out of bronze 5 then had 5 wins and 3 losses and still bronze 5.

did 5W 2L and still bugged.

me too, 88 % but i m stuck i won 45 game and i m bronze 5 one more time

I just read the blog post as well, and yeah, it doesn’t look like they only addressed skill deltas and queue times. There was some information at the bottom regarding MMR and MMR adjustment for new and returning players, but nothing about rank adjustment that we didn’t already know. I guess we’ll just have to keep waiting for the Devs to give us more clarification about this broken system.

Hi, I’m running into the same issue. I’ve filled the Tank tracker for games at something around a 2:1 - 3:1 average win:loss ratio. I’d say I’ve played through 5 to 6 full trackers, so like 30-50 games including losses. I keep “ranking up” from bronze 5 to bronze 5. I don’t know if it’s relevant, but I didn’t play ranked at all from the last half year to year of OW1 until a few months into OW2.

yeah, just won 5-0 games on damage, stayed bronze 5. No rank up. :frowning:

I am sick of waiting. I’ve been playing 100+ games this season just to be stuck in B5. This never happened to me in my entire history of OW2. I’m sick of it. Playing against plats in B5? What the heck is happening?

They will never admit they have a problem. They will never solve it. I have no faith that I will ever play this game with pleasure again.

3 Likes

Agreed, the fact these issues have continued to remain unaddressed and unfixed is incredibly frustrating. But to remain silent will also not fix these bugs. None of these bugs will be solved if players aren’t vocal about them. And to that end, we have to keep spreading the word about these issues until they are resolved.

2 Likes