Bring back mass rez

So.
Mercy.
Its been a year.

Reasons

Valkrie Ult and why it sucks:
Visually, it’s basically spectator mode. Do you see a lot of Mercy screen time in them esports events? Nope. Ana, Zen, Lucio, and basically the rest of the supports excluding Mercy gets more screen time than her on average. Why? because her ult and play style is boring AF.
Isn’t the point of esports to bring excitement and entertainment to watch?
This is why Mercy gets so little to zero screen time.
Gameplay-wise, it’s basically just playing Mercy normally but with flying. This is why even playing as Mercy is boring. Boring to watch, and boring to play? Current Mercy SUCKS.

How to fix it: Make her ult be mass Rez again. And dont you give me crap about how its:
-OP
-Promotes hide and seek
-Promotes dying together as a strategy
-Mercy is already balanced

Counter arguments on the above points:

"Mass rez is OP"
No. There’s many ults in the game that can wipe teams many times in a single game, yet 1 hero that can potentially rez every teammate is unfair? First of all, getting a 5-man rez is RARE. As someone who has played Mercy, I have Rezzed 1-3 teammates on average, 4, if i’m extremely lucky, and 5 if the enemy team is dumb enough to unleash everyone of their ult to wipe my team, without killing me beforehand.
“But Songstrider!” you DPS mains reply, “I don’t want to have a minigame of hide and seek to find and kill Mercy before unleashing my ult to do a team kill. It’s no fun!”
See, you don’t have to seek Mercy while she’s hiding. You can simply have 1 of your teammates use 1 ult to do a team kill, bait Mercy into doing a team rez, and THEN you can use another ult to do another team kill AGAIN.
This is called a counter play. Overwatch used to have a counterplay against this Ult, but you lot basically took the fun out of that.
As a Mercy main, this has happened to me many, MANY times. I’d rez my team after an enemy ult, and then my team dies again with another enemy Ult.
See, this adds another layer to fun in Overwatch. Something I’d love to do or see while watching an esports game.

"Mercys will just start hiding again"
See above for explanation. Heroes like Junkrat, Reaper and Mcree hides as well before doing their ult, why is it a problem when Mercy does the same?
Also, isn’t this a team based game? Just assign a teammate to always track and kill Mercy. I assume specific heroes like Tracer, Genji, and even Widowmaker are designed to track and harass support heroes, especially Mercy. If there’s no roles in Overwatch, this would just be another run-and-gun FPS counterstrike team shooter game. We already have those.

"Mercys will just tell the team to ‘die on point’ so they can rez everyone"
Maybe amateur Mercys or players who don’t normally play Mercy. A true TRUE Mercy main would find the fun and thrill of playing Mercy just zipping back and forth between teammates during a fire-fight healing/boosting away, while occasionally using her gun to build ult, so they can rez a teammate or two to win a fire-fire.
The whole thing about a hide and seek Mercy is something you’d see in low rank games, and not high ranks. So if you’re seriously complaining about hide and seek, I dont think youre a high level player…

"Mercy is already balanced. No more reworks or reverts please"
If by taking away her fun and rewarding gameplay = balanced.
Sure.
Mercy is (removed) balanced.
The thing is, Blizzard shouldnt have to nerf supports to make other supports shine. Just give other support heroes a buff. This applies to DPS heroes as well.

Bottom line, Mercy needs her old Resurrection Ultimate again.
Blizzard should’ve just tweak how long Rez can be build, and even add Line of Sight. But instead, we got the Valk Mercy, the one we have today that’s just not as fun, rewarding, and enjoyable to play or watch.
It doesnt even have to be a revert. A Mercy 3.0 with her tweaked old Ult would be great.

It’s time Mercy gets truly fixed. This is what I believe.
#bringbackmassrez #mercy3.0

(Edited language - Forum Mod)

78 Likes

Proposed changes to Mass Rez:

1. 0.75 second cast time.

2. 60% damage reduction when casting resurrect and for a short while after, instead of complete immunity.

3. Instead of a resurrect on her E, Mercy will have a Purge. This fires out a small, biotic orb from her staff, which explodes upon impact with the ground or a teammate, purging status effects like Discord, Sleep, Stun, etc. Also provides further immunity to such status effects for two seconds.

Boom. Mercy fixed.

38 Likes

Don’t forget no resurrecting through walls, Mercy must have a line of sight for a brief amount of time before being able to mass resurrect (perhaps 0.5s). The dead player(s) don’t have to be in Mercy’s FOV though.

6 Likes

16 Likes

Reapers ult needs another ult to distract for it to kill 3 people. Or you arent running any shields/CC. Mass rez was a pathetic way to play the game. Hiding around a corner and waiting for people to die is insane to think that it was even part of a fast paced game like Overwatch. Hell no we shouldnt bring it back.

1 Like

No thanks rez has no place in a killing game.

8 Likes

Mass rez was fine pre invulnerability because it kept mercy in the middle of the fight because hiding for that 5 man rez was suicide. You needes other teammates with you if you didnt die. Plus on average most rezes were 2-3 man.

Mass rez wasnt inherently bad it just had a bad playstyle that some used to boost there sr. All it really needed was counterplay

@OP, mass rez arguably doesnt need to comeback. Rez just needs to be tied to her ult so it doesnt affect her core kit like how cd rez resulted to nerfing her hps. That being said yeah mass rez coming back tweaked so it has a counterplay is the easiest solution, but like i said it s not the only one

3 Likes

no u dont ask me to do it

It would only work if blizz made some changes to it.

If they revert, will they make changes to it? Most likely not, at least the haven’t given us reason to believe they will.

That’s why jelly is against it👌

You can come up with ideas all you want, doesn’t change that fact that blizz probably won’t listen to them😭

And that’s sad because there are some good ideas out there❤️

But I’m all for another rework to make her more epic😁

6 Likes

I was fine with Mass Rez but if they do revert her, people are gonna want changes. I think it Rez should have…
• .75 cast time
•LOS is needed in order to Rez
•Ressurected heroes get revived with 75% health and get immunity for 1.5 seconds.

Majority of the people asking for a revert usually also call for massive tweaks with it too. Im fairly sure noone with half a brain would want a straight up invincible mass rez.

That being said, i agree it s probz not gonna happen. I mean they could reintroduce mass rez with counterplay and call it a rework but im highly doubtful due to valkyrie /shrug

They really should just tie rez to the ult and give mercy a more engaging e like titanium’s pacify

4 Likes

I would just like to point out that in Counter Strike running and gunning with most weapons is a surefire way to hit no one.

Firstly, Resurrect still exists. Secondly, that is worst description of Overwatch I have ever heard in my life…

16 Likes

Ikr. By there definition tanks shouldnt exist, healing shouldnt exist because the only thing that apparently matters is killing :confused:

6 Likes

Ehi Songstrider, i liked your post very much so i saved a copy in my archive to be sure that it won’t “mysteriously” 404, things like this do happen to us unfortunately…

I have sent you a friend request on Battle.net as i have a proposal you might be very interested into, write me something if you accept it please.

Yes and it shouldnt be.

No tanks and healers can exist. Because they either kill themselves or enable killing.

Unless of course youd like this to be a surviving game where we all sit happily on point and nothing ever dies. We can even sing carols

Overwatch is a FPS MOBA hybrid. Blizzard don’t have to conform to any rules.

1 Like

I didnt say it wasnt FPS MOBA and I didnt say it has to be the way i think it should be. I gave my opinion i dont expect it to be treated as gods word

Came from a DPS main. Ofc “it has no place”

1 Like

Your opinion is pretty dumb. That’s my opinion. :smirk:

1 Like