Bring back BCRF charity event in Overwatch 2

Oh this is the same copy paste response they’ve had their customer support agents use forever. I thought they had actually said something new.

Copy and paste or not the claim that “BCRF wants nothing to do with Blizzard” is entirely baseless.

No. It’s not. This was one of the best-selling digital charity items of all time, but BCRF never returned for any other item. It’s pretty unusual for a charity not to want to partner again with something that made them that much money. That is until you look at the way Blizzard’s reputation concerning women has changed since then and that BCRF is a woman-supporting brand.

So far they haven’t returned. This doesn’t mean that they won’t in the future.

If their stance in relation to Blizzard were indeed to want nothing to do with them then surely the “copy and paste” would have been retracted?

Certainly they wouldn’t have stated that they “continue to be in contact” and encourage people to share their love on social media for the skin.

That wouldn’t make any sense.

I’m not sure what you’re saying here.

BCRF is for breast cancer which affects both women and men.

Have you seen this tweet by the way?

This is from Jared.

He’s the executive producer on OW2.

If anyone is in a position to influence the return of the skin it’s Jared.

He wouldn’t make a statement like that unless there’s quite a high possibility of the skin returning.

As we’ve seen with previous Blizzard statements.

Then you also have the foreshadowing in the Valentine’s dating simulator.

All of these things point to it being very likely that Blizzard plans to return the skin at some point.

2 Likes

this won’t happened again since blizzard caught stealing breast milk so yeah they might be get blacklisted

1 Like

There’s so much outdated help information on customer service websites and help tickets. I think it’s far more likely the copy-paste message they have been using for years is outdated than they have in contact with Blizzard for years but not to resell the skin or make a new one.

Now this is much more credible evidence. That’s pretty recent too.

It affects both but not at the same rate. There tends to be a lot of pro-women’s health branding in these breast cancer charities for obvious reasons.

Yes it is. BCRF is not a mom-and-pop organization where they use the same copy-paste for years on end because they don’t care. If there was a massive disagreement with Blizzard it would be a lot different.

I’ve gotten incorrect cs copy-paste responses from plenty of large corporations. It very clearly has not been updated in years.

So you don’t donate out of goodwill but rather for the sake of a digital item? Disgraceful.

2 Likes

again, why does it matter?
charities have always used incentives, because they work.

2 Likes

for sake of clarity, my statement was about BCRF

The reply that starts with “they state a lot” is not something the BCRF would have stated

no such skin has been announced or made available

except, there is a way

BCRF has stated in writing, multiple times, and recently that they do want the offer to return

1 Like

I ask again that the personal attacks cease

I ask yet again that the personal attacks cease

1 Like

If people cared about the skins rarity they wouldn’t ask for Pink Mercy to return. Many people like the skin.

1 Like

so every call of duty?

No, the more it stays unique and limited the more it costs on black market!

1 Like

There are nearly 900 thousand instances of the Pink mercy skin in existence

I personally dont think that can reasonably be described using the word “unique”

3 Likes

The point being it got an intentional mention when it neednt have been mentioned at all.

If Blizzard wanted this skin out of sight and out of mind, it wouldnt have received the mention that it received

1 Like

No need

the charity itself is fine with folks donating from both Group A and Group B.

By pursuing donations from both groups, they maximize their total donations

I have always found it odd that the charity itself embraces Group B, but certain members of the forum cannot seem to even tolerate Group B

as I have stated a few times already in this thread, BCRF has stated - in writing, recently, and multiple times - that they would like to see the offer return

as such, BCRF isnt blocking the offer from returning

1 Like

what I am asking for is that you follow the forum rules - rules that every forum member accepted when they signed up for a forum account

also: there is no policing on my part…I have no authority in these matters…all I can do is ask

1 Like

I ask once again that you please cease the attacks!!!

3 Likes