Bring back 60HP

We are going to have to just wait and see how it plays out. So far, it’s not looking too good.

Let’s do some math…

50 x 2 =100
50 x 3 =150

So, yes, it is accurate to say. You wouldn’t say Moira only is healing X/s when spreading it between 2-3 allies at a time. And considering that’s healing the equivalent of a Tracer/sec worth of health or 3/4s of most characters that’s kinda crazy. Again you have to factor in the mobility granted as well as the duration for it. It gives quite a lot.

the reason for that is plat is the borderline between high skill and average skill. in gold Mercy does well because they are average skilled at that elo, in plat she starts to suffer because they are more high skilled. only reason she’s still the highest pick is because the support mains at that rank got there by playing mercy (ironic).

Compare how long they last and the mobility Mercy gets via flight v the nothing Zen gets. Puts it in another perspective. Trans is better but don’t be misleading.

Nope. One person does not receive 150HP/s. players are only getting 50HP/s each. Overall, Mercy would be doing 150HP/s but then there’s Transcendence. 300HP/s per individual. 900HP/s. Valkyrie heals aren’t absurdly high. Furthermore, her heals haven’t changed that much since her rework.

900 x 6 = 5400HP

150 x 15 = 2250HP

4 Likes

lets do some math:

300 x 2 = 600
300 x 3 = 900

its accurate to say that trans does an awful lot more healing than valkyrie per second. and burst value is all that matters in this game.

2 Likes

Which is still healing 150/s…

I’m not sure how else to explain it to you that those are the same thing as far as your healing per game goes ie h/s.

Omg. How are you not getting this?

Even with 6 seconds Transcendence almost does double the amount of heals compared to Valkyrie. Valkyrie’s heals are not absurdly high. You could literally argue that they are absurdly low. Keep in mind that Zen is an off-healer…

The impact was subpar at best with 60hps. It was always better to dmg boost your entire team then heal them, but you had it up so often so it made up for it not having as much of an impact as other ults. Now its even worse then before because it takes so long to charge. I dont understand your confusion?

Its a jack of all trades and incredibly subpar in all. Now you never have it available so when you do, you just use it selfishly when you’re dived. You dont take account of ult economy or combo’ing your ult with other people on your team. You just use it if you get dived and if your team just so happens go get stuck in a grav afterwards or wiped by whatever else, you then use it to fly back to spawn so you dont feed ult charge.

1 Like

but 150/s over three teammates it not the same value as 150/s on one teammate. the raw output is the same, but the difference in distribution is what makes or breaks it. thats like taking widowmakers headshot damage, but distributing it to all enemies at once and saying “see, i still did SO MUCH damage”
edit: wording

4 Likes

Burst is far from all that matters otherwise pre this drop Ana would have dominated Mercy. Mercy has consistency. Burst and consistency both have value. And when you look at how much longer valk is and the absurd mobility granted they roughly even out. Trans is a top tier ult and Valk is average but it’s still strong.

1 Like

with that argument, Lucio’s Amp It Up is better than Valkyrie because it’s available more often and heals for more over time.

1 Like

i would argue it is…

oh and on top of that, lucio also has an actually impactful ult (if it doesnt get canceled but thats another problem)

5 Likes

so would I but valkyrie’s fangirls usually get upset when you tell them that their ult is worse than a basic ability.

2 Likes

yo im a mercy fangirl but valkyrie is like…the antithesis of fun or [im searching for a word but i dont know the english translation ugh]

2 Likes

Which would be a lot… you’re acting like splash/chip damage is somehow meaningless. A shot that did 50 to all 6 would be absurdly powerful. You seem to act like you aren’t having other teammates and enemies tossing damage about to heal or, in your hypothetical’s case, add to. Burst is so large because there is so much healing and Mercy could undo it all with a rez but with lower healing we might see a change in tactics from burst to splash damage. It’s hard to say.

At higher ranks I think burst will play out more regardless because the aim is there and securing those kills is huge but think. Say they had a psychic sniper with Widow’s gun but instead it does 50 to each on a headshot as it spreads out; who wouldn’t use that? You could get mukti kills with a primary fire and hurt others as they run away or similar. Splash/AoE damage/healing have value for sure.

I think they should rework Valk so that, instead of chain beams, it increases her healing from 50 to 75 per second and increases damage boost from 30% to 50%, decrease the ult charge by 10%, and decrease the duration to 10 seconds.

2 Likes

totally agree on the “too much healing” but that exactly is the reason why valk is so bad. every other support ult and healing is so much better, valk just pales.

1 Like

You could replace Jeff :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like