Brigitte made Winston F tier, and it's a problem

It’s not a problem. Don’t play Winston into Brigitte. Play another hero like everyone else had to switch during the dive meta.

2 Likes

I for one don’t miss being told I’m “punished for bad positioning” for having Roadhog move to within 20m of me.

3 Likes

It IS a problem because a healer shouldn’t be making you switch off Winston when HEALERS are the primary targets for Winston.

No, Brigitte is a support tank hybrid. That is for Blizzard to decided what is made to counter what. It’s Blizzard game and their money. They can do whatever is in their own best interest. Blizzard should make changes to kill the dive meta, which includes Winston. Either through a hard counter such as Brigitte or heavy handed nerfs.

You didn’t serious think that Blizzard would allow the dive enabling heroes to reign supreme forever do you?

3 Likes

Actually it’s the player’s money, given to Blizzard to make changes that keeps us playing and wanting to give them more money. Blizzard doesn’t just spawn money for themselves.

She wasn’t too strong in QP though. And obviously wait for competitive meant wait for accurate data from competitive, that shouldn’t need to be said. She did receive nerfs on the PTR.

1 Like

Brigitte was is a tank/support hybrid specifically designed to counter Winston. I’m not sure why you are saying that as though he is supposed to be the counter to an entire class.

Different healers will require different strategies to counter, there is no more one hero to screw them all design. And I welcome it because healers should have the option to switch to a different character within their class if they are being countered same as anyone else.

4 Likes

How would you know what I’ve seen “at my level”? Meta-slaves don’t just restrict themselves to masters and above.

In the lower ranks some people have teamwork down, but can’t aim.
Others can aim, but have the situational awareness of a potato (this is me most days. I tunnel-vision pretty bad).

I’ve encountered teammates who always wait to group up, and I’ve seen opponents who can 1v6 despite constantly trickling in and going rambo.

The #1 problem at the low ranks is consistency. Not the inability to “not play dive”.

4 Likes

I think he’ll still play on open maps like Gibraltar and Dorado where Brigitte is weaker.

1 Like

Oh, she’s probably overtuned at least a little. Most new heroes are either over or under tuned in some way. The people tryharding for her to be completely left alone are just as bad as the ones QQing for apocalyptic nerfs. They’re both missing the point.

Balance in a game like overwatch is fluid, and change is the only constant. If you like the changes today, you’re probably going to hate the changes tomorrow.

…Because the pickrates reflect it? It’s statistically impossible that you were CONSTANTLY playing against Dive unless you somehow miraculously got extraordinarily unlucky and the odds somehow warped themselves against your favor by some cosmic entity playing a divine prank.

1 Like

Blizzard didn’t design OW to be a traditional game. OW is now tied to the well being of OWL. Blizzard, external companies, and other investors have invested heavily into OWL, which is where Blizzard is hoping to cash in big. That is why these changes are being made.

The majority of you players only bought the game, you didn’t invest millions or at very least hundreds of thousand of dollars into OWL. Those investors concerns are more important than a few players who bought the game for at most 30-60 dollars and haven’t bought anything since then. Who do you think pays for those commercials during OWL? There is more money to be made in OWL.

The majority of players don’t spend money beyond the purchase game. That is why Paladins had to change their monetary system. What you paid is what you got. Blizzard still needs to keep the servers running and pay for OWL. These changes are made with the best interest of OWL. A stale meta will eventually kill OWL, which is why Blizzard will kill the dive meta regardless of how much whining and complaining on the forum. Those investors invested millions, which carries a lot more weight than any group of players complaining on the forum with the upper management of Blizzard, which are the bosses of the developers.

“Just stay out of her range” is essentially telling people that they have bad positioning for even daring to go within 6m of her.

We’ve come full circle.

Winston doesn’t have any counterplay at all against Bastion, does that mean that Bastion should be nerfed? Well, yes, but most people don’t think that.

I’d like to put my two cents in here. Winston can have fair fights against other supports right now, and it works in large part because of his shield buying him a little time. Against Moira without shield, he’d be largely screwed because her heal orb can counteract his damage and she can use dash to get a bit more damage in. Against Zen, Discord and good aim add enough damage to kill anyone fairly quickly. Against Mercy… well, she’s better off shifting away, but that pistol does more damage than people give it credit for.

Most supports can be fought with help from that shield- they all use projectiles of some kind (Sym being an exception, although she’s squishy enough that it doesn’t matter as much). Brig ignores shield entirely apart from shift, can stun, and can deal lots of damage in a short time with a bash + whip + shift combo, as well as being the tankiest of the support heroes with healing over time (directly countering the tesla cannon, which has low dps meaning you’ll need to reload if you’re playing against her), and an extra 50 health on top to give her that extra little edge.

I get the idea that she’s here to counter dive, but I’m pretty sure bash + whip can do that without having her outright murder people. Winston was pretty balanced before she came along (even bastion- a shield and a good leap will go miles for you against turret or sentry) but now he’s not as playable as he used to be.

(actually bastion needs some attention too but that’s not the point of the thread)

EDIT: lol, says two cents and then writes a small essay. Sorry lol

Not only is she supposed to counter dive, but it’s obvious she counters close range heroes. Since Winston has to get in her range if he wants to do anything it makes sense that she’d be strong against him.

Working as intended.

1 Like

But here’s the thing, it’s easier to keep track of keeping a Brigitte 6 meters away than it is to keep Roadhog 20+.

1 Like

That’s good and all, but I doubt it was “intended” to make another character really really hard to use. I’m a bad Brigitte- this is a fact, but I can take out my friends who have played winston for twice as long as I’ve even been playing overwatch without breaking much of a sweat. I’m okay with the softcounters- reaper and roadhog and other close-range heroes, even sym, have a chance against her. She’s good against the major divers of Genji and Tracer as well, but against someone who’s both, she seems really overpowered.

You also still eventually have to go into her range. You have to get on point/ They will get on Point.

Either way it’s a stupid excuse to justify an unblockable, 4 second cool down, insta stun with a 1 second duration.

You aren’t alone in the obsolete tank role…

I’m extremely bugged and power creep has destroyed me…