Brigette Nerfed: You guys did this

Well thanks to all the hate and backlash against Brigette, she is nerfed you guys are an amazing community so beautiful 10/10. A character who STRUGGLES against ranged dps is mediocre at healing and has to commit or have the enemy team play into her to even get value is getting nerfed. It is sad to say that this is Blizzard pandering to the low ranks around my level of gold. I honestly can not believe how short-sighted and childish most player can be. Brigette was going to be that hero to force coordination ON BOTH SIDES in a TEAM GAME. But no you want it to be easy again you don’t want to have to try a little bit to kill a hero no everything must be easy for you right? I am disappointed Blizzard, you know how terribly weak she is to here counters and even a little bit of focus and you go nerfing her. Can not wait until she is like hog, Nerfed into the ground barely played in that precious Overwatch League of yours.

36 Likes

Wait so who’s the problem here?
Is it the low ranked casual or the guys who are sufficiently hardcore to be watching OWL?

18 Likes

Both. I’ve never seen such mobilized hate for a hero who is legitimately under powered as soon as any focus comes to her

4 Likes

She’s nowhere close to being in OWL yet lol wtf

3 Likes

I love brig ok, but it’s 50 armor off her ult. Meaning it builds just as quick for the same duration. So only part nerfed is the bonus armor after the ult ends, and that’s still just a BONUS.

You can still run around bashing everyone and ulting non stop, so I wouldn’t play the victim of community feedback card until she’s in a wheelchair using a pool noodle. Ok?

42 Likes

To be fair, it’s pretty easy to bully someone off of Brigitte using Junkrat or Pharah, but it’s problematic that even in the higher ranks her winrate is still around 60%.
I know people say “wait until they learn to counter her,” but she’s not exactly a new hero.
That argument worked back when the hero went pretty much straight into the competitive scene, but people have been figuring out how to use her and counter her for a long time now.
Dudes up in masters and grandmasters have definitely been preparing for her arrival, and even then it’s around 60% winrate.

13 Likes

Cheers to that!
I can’t wait until she is nerfed into the ground either. I guess we all can agree on something. :wink:

33 Likes

this is b8 right? if so it’s pretty frickin strong b8.

19 Likes

I honestly don’t see the big deal with Brig.
Before and after the changes.
I countered her hard with DoomFist. Plat/diamond Rank too.

People don’t like to adapt.
She’s extremely weak to range and no one likes to shoot at the shield for some reason? it melts so fast.

4 Likes

Yeah, we did it.

Maybe try not to attach yourself so much to overtuned heroes next time?

35 Likes

Wait what did they change armor wise patch just said they reduced the bash cone from 90 to 60 which as someone who play Brig i think it needed I was stunning ppl that I clearly missed

2 Likes

Brigitte’s addition was primarily made to counter an overused playstyle; Dive. Her main focus is to protect her healers and defense heroes so Dive DPS can’t whip their crap so easily. I’m happy Dive comp is getting a beating.

Brig could use a few nerfs, but her character’s purpose is to stun backliners, which is a similar defensive playstyle that McCrees and Lucio players, to protect their backline with stuns and boops. But people play those heroes the exact same way, offensively because “to hell with helping my team, I’ll just be amazing myself.” Brigitte’s kit is centered entirely around pesky and fast DPS like Tracer and Genji. Also meant to be used, just like any stun, to open enemies up for attack.

Time to learn some new heroes, you can’t just simply glide through competitive playing Genji and Tracer anymore. Time to grow with the game you play, or leave. I’ll be happy to show you the door.

5 Likes

Nothing yet, but this is scheduled for the PTR:

Ok I hope they tweak the ult a bit that armor stays to long it discourages engagements to much and which needs to be balanced i don’t know how many times I should of been punished for mistakes I made but didn’t because that armor was still on the character is fun to play but needs some tweaks hopefully they fix it without destroying her

Except the fact that she counters way more people than just dive DPS.

10 Likes

And so does McCree and Lucio. Lucio boops tanks further into his own team’s line if he’s ballsy enough. McCree can stun over Rein shields and even kill misplaced DPS and healers.

It’s all situational. Tanks and other DPS probably shouldn’t be too close to her. She’s a Swedish warrior, she’s goign to be laying as much of a smack down as Rein will if you step too far out of line.

Except there’s counterplay for both boop and flashbang. How is Rein supposed to counterplay shield bash?

15 Likes

If that’s the core of this problem, then I actually had a great idea. Maybe her shield bash interacts with enemy barriers. Like if she bashes into one, it stops her and those behind don’t get affected.

5 Likes

McCree can stun over Rein shields, not through them. It’s honestly a ridiculous mechanic. Brigette stun needs to not go through shields, full stop. Rein/Orisa/Symm or Winston bubble. Maybe then tank will be playable again. Because right now the whole entire class is in shambles.

14 Likes

Ahem…

Zarya’s bubble stops her bash, and Orisa’s fortify makes her immune to stuns. It’s an even dumber arguement to say tanks are irrelevant.

But like I made mention, if that’s the main issue everyone’s concerned about, then make her bounce off of shields or something.

All I know is if a Pharah forces me to either; Learn a ranged hero like 76 or Widow or something to kill her, then Brigitte is just fine forcing tanks to hop to either OR15A or Zarya. Fair enough?

If not, then nerf Pharah first. Done deal.

2 Likes