Brigette is actually blatantly overpowered by the way

I have never once, as Reinhardt, been beaten by Bridgette 1v1. It is so mathematically impossible that they tend to only try once. Though I don’t play a vast array of heroes that would have encounters with Bridgette I can tell you that when I play Moira, Reaper, D.Va, or Sombra I normally win far more then I lose.

Bridgette is only strong when certain check boxes have been filled. Maybe some people are on teams that are able to fill those check boxes more frequently.

Not to mention, the stigma right now is that Bridgette is Over Powered monster so people tend to try to limit their encounters with Bridgette as much as possible, just because that’s what they have heard you are supposed to do.

You had me until you said sombra and Moira. I main Moira. She has almost no advantage against Brigitte except maybe fading back and forth until your team comes to help.

Anyway, she can reasonably expect to 1 v 1 Reinhardt or D.Va. I wouldn’t hesitate if I was playing her, especially against D.Va.

Lastly, nobody HEARS anything and decides that’s how they should play. This is my first day on this forum and I certainly don’t have a personal Overwatch network to reach out to for advice. We play and then we all come back and say, “hmm, maybe Brigitte needs a bit of a nerf.” It’s far more plausible than your groupthink theory.

Well, if you have ever read anything write, you would know first and foremost I believe everyone should make all their decisions based one heir own experience and knowledge seeking.

1v1, unless Reinhardt is AFK cannot lose to Bridgette, for a few reasons. Her heal cannot fill her health bar fast enough while Reinhardt is hitting her with his hammer, and just his hammer.

Her shield is useless versus Reinhardt. Utterly useless, it stops none of his attacks, save Earthshatter.

Even if she stuns Reinhardt, Shield Bash plus everything else in her kit cannot take Reinhardt’s 500 health down as fast as he can take her 250 health down. Their range is comparable, so if Reinhardt can’t hit her she probably can’t hit him. Except for Firestrike which can chunk almost half her health off.

Lastly, if you are getting beaten by Bridgette as Moira, you need more time on Moira and a play style adjustment. Mainly because you shouldn’t be anywhere near Bridgette as Moira.

Edit: The current “group think” is that Bridgette is Over Powered. People want her nerfed instead of learning to exploit her weaknesses and playing better.

1 Like

I can’t even begin to point out how asinine this comment is.

I take your word on Reinhardt. I don’t play Rein to know better. I just know I was personally able to 1 v 1 a Rein player a couple times, but probably was a bad player.

As for Moira, I don’t make a habit of getting near her, but it does happen, and it’s not a situation I’m going to win except by retreating. Only way to kill her is to get her when she’s occupied.

I play a lot of team death match now which may have colored my views a bit. There’s a lot of 1 v 1, close quarters action.

Balance should never be made around TDM. That would just ruin QP and Comp.

Dear lord, I’ve never seen such an embarrassingly wrong list of counters. Do you even play the game? Please edit your post so people can stop laughing at you.

Yes I agree. It doesn’t change my opinion of her being too strong.

I just don’t feel that bad about this character because I’ve already seen this play out with other characters- although Roadhog’s ability to curb stomp characters came back to the fact that the character was functionally broken and got to pull people through walls.

Brigitte has the highest win rate of all the supports.

Brigitte has the second highest “final blow” count of all supports.

Brigitte and Mercy are relatively tied for most likely to get a “final card” at the end of a game.

Brigitte has the highest average “on fire” ranking out of all the supports. All of them.

She has a 5% lead over Ana.

Her “on fire” ranking is actually the highest on Grandmasters.

It’s just barely the lead on Masters.

Here’s the news you’re REALLY not going to like.

Bronze players, I’m sorry to say, Brigitte has an IMMENSE lead at 16% “on fire” against the second highest, Symmetra, at just 9%.

Please, tell me how these stats are normal. I’m waiting.

1 Like

If you can’t counter with them then you can’t play.
More fun for me.

Maybe because she’s also a Tank??
Yes she’s gonna have the best damage stats of all the supports, its literally her thing, healing from dealing damage.

Also this is the support category, so this isn’t some mind-blowing amount of dps compared to full on tank category characters.

And how does her “on fire” affect anything? She has a low skill ceiling, theres no way you could ever be underperforming with her.

Then why comment?

Of course. It always reers its head once a character is obviously the worst to play. Roadhog got it, bridggettes gonna get it, and torbjorn/bastions gonna get it.

Well lets take a look at Zenyatta, shall we? Zenyatta is a cross between a damage and a support, but he has one really big flaw. Hes very squishy, and has no real way of dealing with a flank rush against him. Now, wheres bridge’s big flaw…? There isnt one. There’s the issue.

Also why should we compare her to anything outside of her class? It only makes sense we compare to other supports… right?

1 Like

Zenyatta is a DPS Support who has high dps and low health. Zen has the ability to consistently take out anyone with 200 hp (230 to be exact) without the help of a discord orb. And he can continuously do this with a wind up.

Brigitte is a Tank Support who has low dps and high health. Brig’s big wombo combo discourages flankers, only guaranteeing a kill on anyone who has less than 200 hp (Tracer) and puts the whole combo on cool down for 6 (now 7) seconds.

And I’m comparing Brig to tanks because she’s just as much a Tank as she is a Healer.

Its at the most 12 (Now 13) seconds. That’s about the time it takes for Lucio to amp it up. She’s killing someone every 12 (now 13) seconds? That’s high burst damage if I’ve ever seen it. She has high health, as well as high damage in my opinion.

That’s like me saying zenyatta doesn’t do as much burst damage as Genji, because zenyatta is just as much as damage as he is support.

Its your opinion fine. But 12-13 seconds max to deal 155 damage combo is extremely low dps.

And yes Brigitte is a Support/Tank hybrid. This isn’t just me saying this that is her role officially. But because there isn’t a hybrid category they put her in Support (Although I believe she’d be better off in Tank category)

A squishy Support that has one of the best, if not the best, ultimate in the game, the best Support ability out there in the form of Discord, and can fire all of his projectiles with pinpoint accuracy at no damage fall-off. Range is one issue that Zenyatta definitely does not suffer from; Brigitte has no range. She has to fight close or she’ll get little to no value. Hence why ranged damage spanks Brigitte. We’ve seen it in OWL and other high level play. Oh and about that weakness to flankers? Zenyatta has Discord Orb to do immense damage to push them back, so saying that he has no real way of dealing with flanks is a flat-out lie.

Comparing Brigitte to the other supports is like comparing Symmetra to the Supports before her 3.0 rework. It doesn’t work.

This was my point the whole time

I do find her harder to kill than some tanks, in most circumstances.

1 Like

Well with a shield, self heals, a bash used for both mobility and instantly stopping all opponents, high burst damage, as well as a small frame, I can see why.