Brigette is actually blatantly overpowered by the way

I wanted to stop reading there. But i read whole post. And it’s BS from start to end.

Ppl will see only what they want to see. No one wants to see bad sides of Brigitte, like bad mobility, bad burst healing, that she is tied to close range.
Also when Brigitte kills them they will complain about how OP and no-skill is Brigitte, not that they made a mistake.

What kind of potato person are you?! OW is combination of MOBA and FPS genres. Not being able to kill someone in most multiplayer FPS means being useless.
And supports can kill, even in Dota, LoL and especially HotS. Why is there a reason why support shouldn’t be able to fight back in OW?

3 Likes

With all the hysteria over Mercy being the most OP hero to ever exist (guys, she’s overpowered but not the most overpowered in the game) people have forgotten how broken Brigitte is, and that she’s even easier to play than Mercy.

1 Like

2.7k people and rising, a small nerf, and f7% winrate in grandmaster would say otherwise.

1 swing: 35 damage. 1 swing, bash: 50 damage.
1 swing, bash, 1 swing, boop.: 70 damage. I dont know if you can do math…

Where are you getting this info from?

And… from here you go on a pointless tangent. The argument was that she made was that because of the meta mcree was strong. An argument that you still haven’t replied to, and instead try to twist the narrative. This was pretty much a side comment that you’re basing your whole argument on.

So you’re just gonna continue with this illiterate stuff, eh? It was sarcasm. If you dont get sarcasm, I really dont know what to say to you…

Bridgette can play every off role. That’s not situational. You’re honestly exhausting how much you keep ignoring certain arguments, and attempt to twist the narrative, and go on tangents based off side comments… and how you don’t get sarcasm… man, I had alota fun arguing with you at first, similar to playing with a puppy. But now that puppy’s gone rabid, and bites me in the dick angrily for looking at it funny.

You didnt “meticulously” do anything. You compared a support to a dps, and stated that the only other support she can be compared to had a lower winrate, further proving my point. You’ve insulted me on multiple occasions, and taken arguments out of context, trying every which way to demonize me so that you no longer have to argue properly. Its sad, and honestly Im done with it.

and there’s the final nail in the coffin, huh Yea… That’s it. This is the last response you’re getting from me, since you don’t know how to act.

Now let’s see you do that in 1 second like you said. (Hint: You can’t)

Her combo is 155 dmg. You don’t include attacks made prior to the combo, otherwise I could just say McCree has a 435 dmg combo.

2 Likes

For the love of god, would it kill people to start arguments respectfully?
Her bash can work as mobility if shes not using it to do 155 damage to people. Her heals do 150 healing and a max of 75 armor every 6 seconds. Thats not bad. Thats amazing.

Close range isnt an issue, not is it a limitation when she has a shield. In a dual shes incredibly hard to kill, and in a teamfiight, she has to be focused down harder than mercy, but thats just my opinion.

I dont have a problem with high damage supports. Zenyatta, and Moira are very good at doing damage, but they have limitations that stop them form being played as DPS.

Ignored both other arguments. mention a point i didn’t make.

Go to any site that has OWL stats. Bri has a 50.06% win rate in OWL with a 2.93% pick rate.

• Her win rate is still dropping (slowly, but still going down).
  • Not sure what the 2.7k people you are referring to is from or for.
  • The nerf is based on stats taken out of context (all they see is high win rate, but don’t realize why it is high).
2 Likes

I posted this same thing another Brig thread, but the main problem most players have with Brigitte is the ratio of relatively low-skill requirement to high-payoff with the added bonus of having the best stun in the game on a relative short CD.

Heros like Tracer or Genji require a large time investment and effort by most players in order to be competent with said Hero at what ever their level of play is.

However, with Brigitte, I can walk into the practice range, spend 15min practicing the Bash+Melee+Whip combo and boom, I’m now able to insta-counter some of the most high skill requirement Heros in the game with little to no practice.

She’s the epitome of low-skill ceiling to high-payoff.

1 Like

What is there to “reply” to? What is your problem with McCree being a viable pick?

Ah yes, the “Nobody will notice if I say something dumb if I call it sarcasm” excuse.

Brigitte has utility. Having a lot of utility has nothing to do with a character being “situational”. The definition of a situational pick is a character that is much stronger in some conditions than in others. Ana is a character with a lot of utility, but right now, she is still a situational pick because there are situations she is not a good pick.

Brigitte has specifically been said by the best players to be map dependent and matchup dependent. She has only seen play on those very specific circumstances, especially in the playoffs. Just because YOU don’t like what a character can do does not mean they aren’t situational.

You don’t know what words mean, and have no cause to call someone “illiterate”.

LMFAO you don’t even understand the stats I just broke down. You think it was about comparing Brigitte to a DPS?! LMFAO.

You are so absolutely delusional that you somehow think being proven wrong with stats actually proves your point. You’re hopeless.

Cry.

More.

1 Like

That’s the point. She forces players that want a high skill floor to play above that floor.

You want to play Tracer or Genji? No problem. Most high level Tracers state that they can run rings around the average Brigitte. All it takes is good aim, good spacing and good resource management.

But if you try to halfass Tracer? Or play a sloppy Genji? Or feel yourself a little too hard and get cocky?

Brigitte exposes you.

2 Likes

I was about to say that lol.

Her HP pool makes her die to basically everything in 1-2 hits and accidental hits from enemies are more likely to kill her.

1 Like

Fair point, but I mentioned that in grandmaster its 57%.

• Fair point. However, thats possible due to zenyatta now being safe to free roam now that flankers arent in meta.

• It’s the amount of people who saw this post. I suppose the number of likes makes more sense to quote. 845.

• So stats CAN be taken out of context… huh. Either way its clear cut that they feel bridgette is too damn strong.

Brigitte definitely isn’t OP, at least not in all ranks. There’s no reason why an OP hero wouldn’t be used in OWL, their money depends on it.

2 Likes

Well, her existence counters dive, which makes zenyatta alot less squishy in turn. Once that problems been dealt with, zenyatta is a great pick over her.

She literally affects the game by existing as a possible character

This is not an MMO. Theres the problem. Brig is not even a supp she is more of a TANK. Supports are supposed to be squishy and rely on their team to survive. However, i see brig a lot of the time front-lining or chasing a dps… thats insane to me.

I mean, we get it. You play with bad teams that allowed Brigitte to be played well past her realistic boundaries and in ways that would normally get her instantly killed, but that just means your teams suck, not that the character is good.

Like, Brigitte can turn a lot of attempts at picks into instant death for the picker, but that’s because they put themselves in a bad situation to begin with. I know it’s frustrating when you’re trying to make a team win against their expressed intent to be trash, but you’re playing a team game. And even if you do everything right, perfect and by the book, if your team wants to sniff their farts and call it fine dining, that’s their call and you have to sit there and accept it.

The minute Brigitte has to deal with a team with any situational awareness and doesn’t give her anything to work with, she immediately has many doors closed to her. She might be able to cause grief, but it’s limited. She can’t just march up to the enemy team or she’s screwed.

2 Likes

I respect your opinion, but i do feel more like a support than i am a tank or dps, due to how squishy i am without shield up.

1 Like

And when I told you that winrates can be sketchy specifically due the fact that when I sometimes switch off Brigitte, it doesn’t even register as a loss for me, you started crying about Brigitte players making excuses or something.

This, from the same person who constantly repeats “stats can be taken out of context”…as long as they’re stats that don’t support your point.

You know, you bring up some pretty good points. Brigggette is really good at killing a bucket of retards only held together by the glue coughed up by our trash aiming mcree, but I do feel as though she isnt fun to play against at the very least.

Completely broken? Perhaps not. Infuriatingly awful to play against in certain situations? Very much so. Its the same case for why roadhog was nerfed. Playing against them is simply frustrating in such a way that makes on feel helpless.

In that case, I honestly dont think she should be gutted (well I never asked for this) simply that her kill potential, or her tanking potential be lowered in such a way that makes her a fun opponent like everyone else, because at the moment briggette is anything but.

I’m gonna say what I’ve been trying to say about Brig since she was placed into the game.

It’s not even that she doesn’t belong there, but it’s a couple things.

1. She’s a little overtuned. This is widely agreed upon and only supported while the lower tiers are getting dominated by Brigitte players because they just don’t possess the skill or tactics to play around her.

2. She’s not fun to play against. She’s almost up there in Doomfist-tier annoyance, which is to say that she has abilities that make the game fundamentally a little less fun due to stuns, annoying kills, and general close range hassling.

3. Brigitte players seem only willing to dismiss any criticism in favor of their own narrative because obviously, they do not want her to change. I understand that and all, but she’s currently still too good. I do not care what OWL is doing with Brig because most players are not OWL level competitors. Blizzard has not balanced the game around the top or many more heroes would be viable in OWL games in general.

Yeah. She’s absurdly overpowered. I actually don’t find anyone else in the game (save maybe for Symmetra) to be overpowered, but Brigitte absolutely is.

Everyone will talk about all the possible counters available if you’re super lucky or super skilled. That’s hogwash. The bottom line is that she beats ANY other hero 1 v 1 80% of the time or more (assuming average players).

IMO, reduce her damage with the flail or reduce her shield HP to 400 while bumping her actual HP to 300. She is effectively a 850 HP tank who can heal as she attacks right now.

For those who will say, “just don’t get close to her”, okay, so what’s the alternative? Shoot at her shield from a distance until she catches you (because shield bash IS a mobility enhancement as well) or pray that you destroy her shield before she catches you and that you can kill her first.

there are always other tactics to use… there just aren’t many good ways of dealing with Brigitte besides “run away from her and try to sneak up on her and then run away again”