BREAKING NEWS: Overwatch League cancels all matches planned for South Korea for weeks 5, 6, and 7

Originally it was planned for all the canceled China matches to take place in South Korea during weeks six and seven, however since the coronavirus outbreak has now spread to a significant population in South Korea, all of these matches have since been canceled.

It should be noted that teams like the San Francisco Shock recently just arrived in South Korea.

13 Likes

Sorry, guys, this is my fault. I’ve played Plague Inc and I didn’t know it applied to the real world.

37 Likes

wow trying to see seoul play, they’re stacked

Dude. I’m sorry can we hold onto jokes until we have a cure please.

theyre just going to end up playing them in the blizzard arena huh?

To my knowledge, the Blizzard Arena no longer exists, as Blizzard Entertainment did not renew the lease for studio one at the Burbank studios.

There is an update from San Francisco Shock’s twitter feed:

Seoul Dynasty:

Chengdu Hunters:

1 Like

Wait there isnt one yet? I thought that was why theres 10x more recoveries from the virus than deaths, guess we can get those death numbers down even further

I don’t think so. Maybe I’m uninformed. But I doubt if blizz has to shut down.

One can recover from the Covid-19 virus (remember the common cold is technically a coronavirus and it has no “cure”), however this virus has much stronger symptoms, proving to be extremely more contagious, and is really deadly for those with weakened immune systems.

Even if we have a cure its still a bad idea to host a public event to get tons of people sick even if we can cure it

1 Like

That’s true. You’re right.

Oh so same policy as with food service, the elderly and the immunocompromised need to be kept in mind as to prevent spread

Yeah, and keep in mind that China has an extremely high population density and different culture that even I don’t understand fully.

1 Like

U can cure it but sometimes if ur immune system is terrible u die, a lot of old people in chinA. That’s why a vaccine is needed

Probably wasn’t the best backup plan to have the matches in an adjacent country to an epidemic. Hopefully they work something else out somewhere else. There has to be somewhere in LA they can rent out and host.

2 Likes

Dude, why did you evolve symptoms? Especially deadly ones? You’re not supposed to do that until you’ve infected every country.

4 Likes

Oh, really, now? It was not a good idea to host it in a country that already had outbreaks? Rofl…

I am not trying to be sarcastic towards you, by the way. I just can’t even with Blizz.

Well, the most important bit you need to know is that in a lot of Chinese Culture, Animals live for, not alongside Humanity.

Hence the use of all the Animal Parts in Traditional Chinese Medicine and the wide spread consumption of the less… conventional animals?

Basically for now while the government has put a stop to the sale of more… exotic animals, or their meat / parts.

A lot of business owners intend to continue selling, which can give us a safe guess that there still is a market for the more Exotic animals.

Source
www.reuters.com/article/us-china-health-wildlife/animals-live-for-man-chinas-appetite-for-wildlife-likely-to-survive-virus-idUSKBN20A0RK

There's a second opinion for you. - Doc

the homestands were likely arranged well before any indication of a coronavirus epidemic, much less one that would spread significantly out of China

2 Likes