BP credits are a total scam

You want to call me delusional just to easily invalidate anything I said which is pretty sad. Fine, if people don’t want to use any tools at their disposal when something “seems” confusing, let’s use the game itself. It quite literally shows in the battle pass that they are credits. Again, you can just read the reward.

It quite literally is misleading when the icons are purposefully designed to look identical and they purposefully kept the yellow coloration that is shared with the coins. But please continue to tell me how it is other people’s fault for somehow being misled by intentional bs tactics here?

3 Likes

After watching multiple interviews and streams with the developers, I can safely say that their actions are not malicious. I don’t see any intent to confuse and mislead players in any sort of way. When there is only 1 similarity between the battle pass currency and the premium currency, yet a plethora of evidence to show that they are NOT coins, it’s pretty easy to say yeah, it is on the player. If they meant to mislead players, wouldn’t there be much much better ways of doing that? Like instead of calling them credits in the battle pass, just display “currency”. That would be misleading. Make it the exact same shape. Don’t clarify multiple times in the patch notes that their credits and not coins. Don’t clarify that they are only used in the hero gallery. That would be substantial evidence that they are intentionally misleading players, but they didn’t do any of that. You know why? Because they’re not malicious monsters trying to squeeze every last dollar out of people.

To answer your question: yes. All OW1 items and the new core items for new heroes can be bought this way. So the only exclusion are shop skins.

it is a very clear misdirection and you are in denial over it.

the logos and colors are basically the same, a random person who doesn’t follow news will think it’s premium currency. The game didn’t have non premium currency until now.

sure, they say “credit” but how many average joes will even realize the name is different? they are clearly designed to look as similar as possible to trick people before they realize something is up.

this is one of the oldest trick in the book, it’s not hard

5 Likes

sorry but i busted out a lung laughing at this, anyone saying this crap with a straight face after everything they did in diablo immortal and ow2 deserves no respect because they clealry have no respect for themselves in the first place

2 Likes

Go ahead and Google what the coins in the shop look like and what the credits look like the the battle pass and tell me they are identical. It’s so obvious they are not the same thing.

Credits are a 2 dimensional, circular symbol that are called credits in the battle pass.

Coins are a Golden, three dimensional, hexagonal actual coin With a black border.

You are reaching for something so hard it’s actually pathetic.

The same amount of people who could look at the battle pass, then look at the shop to purchase currency and can easily tell the difference.

You do know there is a difference between BLIZZARD and their developers??? If you think that the people who created Overwatch 2 are the exact same people that created Diablo Immortal, that’s delusional

Don’t forget D4 being priced at $70 which will include a malicious monetization scam that includes a battle pass and shop! It literally set an ugly standard that most game companies are now following almost immediately after the fact.

Just going to remind everyone.

No Blizzard doesn’t actually need this much money to provide content, no game company does, not one.

2 Likes

this

this is such an incomprehensibly idiotic statement i’m left speechless.

i’m 100% sure the devs thenselves are not malicious but the company is and who has the last word on what gets in the game? if blizzard tells them to put heroes i the battlepass amd charge 30 dollars for skim bundles they can’t say no

the rest of the post is just you putting blame on the consumers for blizzard’s faults. Many people have already complained about being misled or denounced the misleading. If it wasn’t intentional then it’s still a fault of blizzard’s communication.

no matter how you slice it blizzard is at fault

3 Likes

I’m gonna go ahead and assume that you didn’t look at the difference between the 2 currencies and that’s fine. It’s pretty clear that you and anyone else trying to argue that they’re the same is just mad that they didn’t put the premium currency in the pass. Which is fine btw, I’m not happy with it either, but that’s not a reason to go insane over it.

no, people are saying blizzard de-emphasized the differences intentionally to trick as many people as possible. Me and you, we notice it. Average joes probably won’t.

most games make the two currencies very different. Here they have a similar color, similar logo and similar name. Yes, they are TECHNICALLY differentd, but if you can’t spot the obvious trick blizzard pulled then i don’ lt know what to tell you.

take for example paladins. Free currency is gold, it has a round yellow circle as icon. Premium is crystals, which are blue and triangle shaped.

4 Likes

nobody gonna google coins and credit logo comparison lol not even your average joe they all want to play not read

this is video game afterall blizzard sure does hired a top notch manipulator on their marketing team

5 Likes

I said to google it because we’re on the forums, not in game. Both icons are in game and are very different from each other

yeah but im gonna point out the icon IS SO SMALL that average joe see it same because it have the same color it’s basic human nature to mistaken the logo is different but think it’s same cuz color

also since season 1 people already established with the idea of legacy/credit is white and coins is yellow

3 Likes

Again, I ask to actually look at the 2 logos side by side and tell me they are the same.

oh then again explain to me why they didn’t use overwatch 1 Coins 3D model ?

that could clear up the whole confusion because credits model is all Yellow while coins is black with yellow outline

1 Like

THAT would ACTUALLY be misleading. The new coins icon seemed to be modelled after the old currency, meanwhile the previously named “legacy credits” were made too look almost obsolete, because they were.

he’s not gonna get it, it’s obvious for him and cannot fathom how a different person might see it and doesnt stop to consider the intention behind it

he’s hopeless

5 Likes

I still have over 100,000 legacy credits, so unless I can use them on new items, the ones from the battle pass are worthless. I was hoping they’d add some so I could accumulate enough to buy a skin or pay for the next battle pass.

2 Likes

well we lost him i think he went deep into the rabbit hole now having tea party with bobby himself

3 Likes