Boycott 1/3/2 - solo tanking #neverAgain

The game wasn’t built around restrictions and Role Queue yet here we are :man_shrugging: ! I guess everything can change on Overwatch and it already has since last Summer (then map pools and now hero pools + Experimental 1-3-2).

Another part of the issue is that this isn’t a true testament of what it would be once it’s actually properly balanced instead of the guess work buffs that happened

Support as a design have a problem, they need to be killed first for things to be able to settle w/o too much risk or commitment. Problem is, if they re not, they can do a lot so that team if played right won’t suffer casualties. At leas that’s what it was before the nerfs.

Current support is nerfed in impact, but their self-defense is lacking big time.

The best type of support should be the kind that is really hard to kill so that enemy either need to commit or have to play around his influence, but also don’t make as much impact as ana does. Most of our current support roster lacks said evasiveness and self-preservation.

I think its quite fun.

lol what a giant baby

Opinion on 321: If there’s only one tank, IMO the tank needs to be a “tank”. What I mean by this is that right now with how every thing plays. As a support player and in mid/high masters, I feel like my tank just doesn’t survive. Especially tanks like dva and hog who are easy to jump right on with one or two players. I feel like healers and dips should also have changes as mei feels very strong along with reaper.

I can’t believe we’ve been down this road before and yet here we are again. It was decided a long time ago that this doesn’t work. It’s the entire reason we have the game in its current state.

Now, they want to renege rather than establish limits for people who want to stick to one single mode of play all day everyday.

4 Likes

the game mode is experimental for a reason the devs don’t care either way if people like it they may implement it if they hate it they will can the idea there is no reason to be negative about everything if you don’t like it you dont like it but there are some people who enjoy it it is all a matter of opinion

goodbye…glad you and your negative attitude will be leaving. I’ll even pitch in for your bus ticket.

have you played since any more? 4 seconds matrix with 3 cd seconds boosters is quites alot

Update:
Tried it. It’s bad.

4 Likes

It’s more that I actually think that the game is really good right now. Right now, there’s a lot of positive things happening. The game is in great shape. I don’t want to see them ruin that with a change that fundamentally alters how the game is played. That’s not being negative. Not all change is good change.

It’s like saying: I have a delicious chocolate cake. It’s fantastic! I’ve never tasted anything so delicious. Now, I’m going to take a slice of it and soak it in vinegar overnight. Try it real quick while I go find a tub big enough to ruin the whole cake this way. Is it really negative to say: No, I prefer the cake just like it is thanks.

Join the club, along with a bunch of others.

3 Likes

I tried it today. It felt horrible. It felt like OW before 2-2-2. Messy

3 Likes

Tbh it’s kinda mixed for me, and that’s after going in with optimism

It’s like… It could be great, but isn’t

2 Likes

It would be fine if a DPS was able to choose between Tank or DPS since that would allow some kind of strategy.
If ya need more protection, go Tank, if ya need more damage, go DPS.

1 Like

The central problem is that in this scenario, his teammates would railroad him into playing tank, because if the enemy team is playing 2/2/2 and your team is playing 1/3/2, then your team is at a disadvantage.

So why not just keep 222 if 321 can be outdone so easily? One tank-like dps and 321 forces the other team to essentially ditto

Oh I’m not a fan of 321 lol. I think those like 10 games were some of the worst games of overwatch I’ve ever played. We were winning but like…it was boring. Teamwork meant we were instantly above the enemy team, the enemy tanks couldn’t get their dps corralled, and healers either were stuck trying to help the tank or trying to herd cats by chasing the dps.

I don’t think 321 should go live, even though there are some benefits aside from the queue time problem, including allowing a utility dps to be played more freely.

4 Likes

I definitely agree the games were boring, win or loss. Ut was honestly just who could pump out the most damage… Or in my case “who switched to Mei first?”

4 Likes