Boycott 1/3/2 - solo tanking #neverAgain

I really think the only people who are enjoying this are those who are poghunters and people who want to play competitive/qp like its deathmatch, tbh :frowning:

5 Likes

I enjoy the teamplay aspects of 1/3/2.

But iā€™ve had good teams to work with when I lfg.

Solo queue 1/3/2 is a bit messy and annoying.

To be fair though, our Brig yesterday was definitely pog hunting.

Thats more/less what I noticed too, that teamwork is the cinch for the mode, but even then, the fact that outside of stacks teamwork isnā€™t guaranteedā€¦ I played in a team, we kept winning, but it was justā€¦boring. We rolled every match.

I wonder if like aā€¦ 1-1-2-2 could work? 1 Tank, 1 Flex, 2 DPS, 2 Healer. The flex could play either tank or DPS depending on whatā€™s needed? but the forced 3 DPS just feelsā€¦ bad.

Says the silver LMAO

I donā€™t play my PC account.

any action that implement s solo tankning as the norm and not just as some arcade mode is gonna convert a lot of tanks to DPS probably lol

3 Likes

As a tank main I wouldnā€™t boycott it for us but rather for the supports. Thatā€™s the harder role in experimental IMO.

1 Like

Itā€™s straight up awful.

2 Likes

Howā€™s the boycott coming along?

Well, it didnā€™t work. The devs already said that it helped queue times. So, clearly we didnā€™t stay out. But I still donā€™t think itā€™s good data though just because itā€™s everyone rushing to try out the new thing. Maybe if it was up for a couple months then youā€™d get a real reflection of player behavior.

1 Like

Solo tanking is agonising only if the other team has 2 tanks which work better.

If both teams have 1 tank though, itā€™s fair and balanced. So yeah, letā€™s try this out first, and see how it works before we rush to conclusions.

2 Likes

I think it worked in the sense that it reduced dps que times for 2-2-2 as well.

I sure as hell hope they donā€™t implement it, but IĀ“ll be glad if they keep adding wacky experimental modes that help reduce 2-2-2 queue times.

2 Likes

Itā€™s a forum. People donā€™t use them to sing praises.

1 Like

i donā€™t expect people to praise blindly either mate.

i just wish people would use the forum to complain with more constructive criticism, instead of brigading people to boycott something they havenā€™t even tried yet (the experimental card hasnā€™t been released yet when OP made this post).

2 Likes

Yeah itā€™s something I didnā€™t think about until I tried the stronger tanks in 1-3-2 (and watched Cyxā€™s stream of it too). He/You pointed this out and it stuck to me.

Zarya, Rein, Winston are so brain dead strong that in a lot of match-ups thereā€™s like no way you can die/lose a team fight just based off you existing.

Like with Zarya all I had to say was run in, bubbling in 3-2-1 and blam, weā€™d pretty much auto win that fight unless there was a couple Ults to stop us.

It was BORING.

but in order for a single tank to work that way (with their current designs) is for them to be so OP.

Update: I decided to try it when I realized that the boycott, much like Fetch, wasnā€™t going to happen.

Here are my opinions.

1 Like

omg who remembers thisā€¦ crazyā€¦
its interesting to see with hindsight how this played out now

looking at this from a 1/2/2 perspective is pretty interesting

1 Like

Itā€™s funny. I really really hated solo tanking in OW1 pre-role queue. And I hated the 1/3/2 even more than that. I really truly expected to completely hate 5v5 too. Iā€™m really shocked that I like it. I did not think I would given how deeply I hated this experimental card.

Some of the problems still exist for sure, but having one fewer DPS and having the supports being able to stay alive a bit better really helps. God help us if they ever nerf tank health or remove the support passive.

2 Likes