Bought Overwatch on nintendo switch in a store and are pissed

I actually thought I was pre-purchasing the code itself, got surprised when I received the notification that my package was shipped and I was like: wat

Although it is written on the box that itā€™s a download code only inside, I will give to OP that itā€™s not what strikes you out when looking at the box, this mention is very discreet in comparison to the flashy ā€œ3-month Nintendo Online includedā€ part.
This is messed up refund wise though.

If you buy Overwatch on PC now, full digital, and barely plays it(like reallyyyy barely) and ask for a refund. Theyā€™ll refund you as long as you ask it in less than 14days.

But with an empty box like this, youā€™re screwed, the gamestore will be like ā€œyou opened the box!ā€ and you ā€œbut thereā€™s nothing in the box anyway!ā€

sad times.

Sorry, but it tells you right on the box it is a download code.

I meanā€¦ itā€™s your fault

Can confirm on both consoles.

Yeah so why didnt you? Thats your own fault

welcome to overwatch where the devs do not care about EU.

Thatā€™s an issue in my opinion

Pretty much every console supports digital purchase and download now as well. Thereā€™s really no reason for physical copies anymore, let alone a box with a code in it xD I wonder how much longer places like Game Stop will even exist for before going the same way as Blockbuster xD

[quote=ā€œAnimal-2457, post:1, topic:415898ā€]
After this sad sh.t im not supporting blizzards bull any more or their kicking pro players out for being human and have freedom of speach.
[/quote]
Did You support the latter before your purchase of this game for switch? :smile:

I know how you meant it but this sounds funny, sorry.

And about the topic. You are right. I donā€™t like not having the game physically in my hands either. Idk why I have some game boxes withoutā€¦a disk. Like you, I bought them to have itā€¦and not a CD key.
I could have bought it in steam or somewehere elseā€¦ idk. In best case both.

Itā€™s ā€˜moreā€™ environmentally friendly.
They should have sold a biodegradable box that dissolves in water to really make environmentalists happy in a world of climate crazed activists.

Did they post more teasers?

Not that I agree with the practice but I believe the box states that.

Iā€™m not happy either as I preordered on the eshop and 2PM EST hit. I started up excited and big letters telling me to download the latest patch pop up. (which is another 10 gigs I believe)

Discs were for people with bad internet? Boiā€¦ :joy:

Get ready for 30fps Overwatch experience I would not recommend even for my dog. If youā€™re not disappointed enough.

I donā€™t know what else to say besides do your research. Iā€™ve been getting news posts for at least a week in regards to Overwatch on Switch only being a code. However, I planned on buying it digital anyway. I bought Mario on cartridge to keep the dust out and then a 1/4Tb sd card so I wouldnā€™t have to worry about keeping up with cartridges.

I am