Bought Overwatch on nintendo switch in a store and are pissed

then remember that if Epic games does as well, in fact there is worse because you bought the case…to get a skin

I do to but it would be nice to have the game with it

Yeah.
Not related to this guys complaining, but Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch got a Switch port, pretty recently. My mindset was to get it digitally to play it earlier, but instead I got it physically - only because the Box Art was amazing.

1 Like

I wanted the case to but also the game in it

Bethesda did something similar with Fallout: 76, the “physical” copy was just a box with a code.

That being said, both the Fallout: 76 case and Overwatch case have disclaimers on them.
(I guess I lost level 3)
https://s3.dexerto.com/articles/overwatch-switch_191014_231947.jpg

i will also remind people that Switch Cartridges can only hold 32 gigs of data

https://s3.dexerto.com/articles/overwatch-switch_191014_231947.jpg

got ya bro

1 Like

Ps4 had a disc but i dont know about the pc version

ty <3

1 Like

Im old as hell so i just think it would be in it but i will do more checking up in the future

Btw guys, this is basically the same for PC games since forever they always come in a case with a code.

And the ancient times you did get discs with them was just for people with bad internet, but the disks would be pretty useless for anyone else as you’d need a code for the game and most of the time the codes were 1 time use (unless it was something like the sims 1 or 2 or some other EA game lol)

I think games were more discs back then because you could take the games over to friends houses

No, because they would need to redeem the code which you already redeem on your acct shrug

The sims 4 came with this awesome collectors edition package… the case and disks are useless to me and I didn’t even have to use the disks because just putting the code onto origin downloaded the game for me.

And you cannot just use the discs to download the game to play it, you need the code too and an origin acct. :frowning:

PC gaming is pretty much all digital now unless you’re playing ancient games.

Much to the demise of the consumer. Once the service shuts down, no more game, unlike physical copies. Another thing digital distribution will eliminate is game trading. Used to be you could sell your old games and buy a used one for discount. Not much longer ( for newer games and systems anyway).

1 Like

a fellow oldie yay! (im probably older than most people on here :P)

It’s an online only game, you’re not buying the game you’re buying a contract to play the game according to blizz’s TOC.

Here’s how you fix the problems you mentioned.

1- Use the communication powers gifted to you, to TALK to a sale manager or someone over at the game shop. I’m pretty sure they could have told you about the code and no game card part.

2- So you expected to play overwatch before the release of overwatch on switch?

3- Again, Talking would have solved this issue.

4- AGAIN. Talking and doing a little bit of a research on the price would have shown you this.

5- They’re selling the game. They don’t care about a stupid game card as you seem to be so much.

6- Every single thing you mentioned is your own fault.

We get it. We all hate blizzard for some reason.

But when you trip and fall, it’s not blizzard’s fault. It’s your own.

2 Likes

When OW released, it did come on a CD for PC. I have it.

I think its true mostly with online games, single player i think still use disc’s when you buy it from store.

1 Like

mostly for console, again, not everyone on pc has disc drives, so they may include a code also, but shrug

1 Like