Blizzard thinking of Nerfing Hanzos Ult

for blizzard at the moment, the problem isn’t his kill potential or E ability or double jump thingy.

The problem they have is that dragon grav can outdamage zen’s trans, as long as a mercy damage boosts and a rein moves the hammer.

They can change things in a way that is much less harmful than you think.

For example, They can make his dragon act like a junkrat’s riptire. Unaffected by damage boosts. That’ll be a nerf to dragon grav, but not necessarily a huge nerf to his ult.

Hanzo’s issue is the arrow speed. Being a pseudo hitscan and running every other hitscan out of the role is what makes him so strong.

2 Likes

Blizzard making god-awful balancing decisions?

No way. What’s absurd. That’s literally NEVER happened before. /s

Not really. Mei’s icicle is 20m/s faster than Hanzo’s (but not affected by gravity like Hanzo’s) and no one calls Mei “pretty much hitscan”.

Maybe they could reduce the velocity on storm arrows but his primary should be left alone for consistency.

Slow his arrow speed down again and see what happens.

2 Likes

With this change, you still are forced to play zenyatta.

You act as if zenyatta wasn’t in the meta and didn’t already have around 90% pickrate.

Meta after the mercy rework, shifted from speedboost, into damage boost+discord meta. As long as mercy’s there, zen’s there.

1 Like

Its not uncommon for him to have 10 ults per game it seems. You are right to assume he has one every single team fight.

The only thing see them doing is nerfing the dmg so it doesnt eat through transcendence when dmg boosted.

or you know. Make the ability not damage boostable. Like riptire. Or d.va’s bomb. Or torb’s turrent, etc.

It makes sense to me. What do you do when a characters base kit is too good? Compensate by making they’re ult succ. I don’t know if it will work with Hanzo though.

Revert :clap: his :clap: arrow :clap: speed :clap: change :clap:.

That is all.

1 Like

Pickrate is deceptive on this one, because Brig literally keeps people from choosing machine gun or shotgun heroes.

The exact reason that she has the pickrate she does is because if a threat to Hanzo emerges, then the current meta allows a quick widow to Brig swap to nerf the threat, then when the threat goes away, back to Widow.

His leap refresh, and Brig are the big culprits, because his counters have been neutered. His projectile speed and storm arrow are also problematic, but less so than leap refresh and the effect that the threat of Brig brings.

Mei has damage fall off because she used to be practically hitscan. No one chose McCree cuz Mei was a better shot at longer range.

Nerf his primary fire and storm arrow both slightly, then he will get his ult up a little slower.

1 Like

I’ve never known a game get buffs and nerfs SO wrong. Every single time they give heroes buffs they don’t need and when they become too powerful nerf something unrelated that isn’t even a problem.

3 Likes

This reminds me what they have done to Tracer

Community : " Tracer does way to much damage whit her Gun she needs a Tiny Nerf "
Blizzard : " Ok here is the Pulse Bomb nerf nobody was asking for "

1 Like

Or with junkrat nerfs…

Blizzard “we’re giving junkrat a second mine”
Community: “NERF THE ULT CHARGE”
Blizzard: “we’re implementing damage fall off on his mine”
Community “NERF THE ULT CHARGE”
Blizzard: “We’re reducing junkrats lmb projectile size by 50% and decreasing rip tire speed”
Community “NERF THE ULT CHARGE”

Meanwhile junkrat is now in a pretty bad spot with hanzo being buffed to levels unimaginable that can dps better than pretty much the entire cast and can “junkrat” better than junkrat. OMEGALUL

1 Like

blizzard is getting stupid once again. Ultimate is not the problem.

NO!

His ultimate does NOT need a nerf!

It’s his Storm Arrows that allow him to gain Dragon so fast that needs a nerf!

1 Like