Blizzard thinking of Nerfing Hanzos Ult

Being a Hanzo player myself, I can say for sure that his ult is not what needs to be revised. His abilities definitely need to be looked at and nerfed. Again, this is not coming from a Hanzo hater it’s coming from a Hanzo player XP

He probably meant Hanzo’s Ult charge rate which everyone was crying about. Don’t think that’d be a bad idea. Y’all need to chill.

Regardless, thats not Hanzos biggest issues, and should not be touched atm. And as someone said above, a direct nerf to some aspects of his kit, e,g the damage aspects, will indirectly nerf his Ult charge rate, regardless.

His ult DOES need to be looked at tbh. The rate at which it charges and the damage it does.

With his new mobility, more reliable damage, new ability, and better survivability, Hanzo basically got a huge damage buff. His ultimate charge rate needs to be adjusted accordingly. Right now, it’s at 1500. I’d raise it to either 1875 or 2000.

It also does a whopping 300 damage. This means that Transcendence (300 hps) can’t do anything against it. Damage boosting Hanzo makes it 390 dps, and Nano Boost makes it do 450 dps, which is INSANE.

I would lower it to either 250 or 200 dps. Maybe even 225. Whatever it is, a NANO boosted GravStrike SHOULD be able to eat through Transcendence considering that’s a three way ult combo. Damage Boost shouldn’t be able to CHEW through it, but it should still do some serious damage.

1 Like

Storm Arrows, dont have a cast time… ??

1 Like

The problem is grav not hanzos ult.

The grav wouldn’t be a problem if Lucio was still S tier. Just break it down every time.

the storm arrow ability can last for up to 6 seconds. The ability doesn’t start cooling down until all the arrows are shot or 6sec are up. At least i think

If anything just tweak the ult charge time so he can’t get 20 seconds into the round.

Yep correct, but thats not a cast time. :sweat_smile:

Hanzo needs the cooldown on Storm Arrow to be increased. He has it up too often.

1 Like

Blizzard with hanzo: we’ve given him mobility and a more consistent damage! Now he no longer has any weaknesses and gets his ult super fast! Yey!

Blizzard with Ana: we refuse to give her neither self sustain or mobility because AlL hErOeS nEeD a WeAkNeSs

3 Likes

It’s not an issue at all. Your team has to spend at least 2 ults to pull this off, the other team has to be dumb enough to be in a tiny ball and IIRC Zen’s ult can provide some counterplay to some characters.

Are there any other two ultimates with power similar to unavoidably killing everyone in an 8m radius around a no-cast time projectile that can affect you through barriers and walls?

The nearest thing would probably be nanoblade, and that’s way easier to counter.

Dragon on its own is still one of the better dps ults. He gets it so fast, it can still get kills when shot through walls and suddenly appears on top of people. Even if it doesnt get kills, it splits up the enemy, forces some of them to push into your team. Personally I think his mobility and projectile speed are what needs nerfs, but dragon is still a good ult.

Geez. Hanzo ult without grav is pure garbage. It’s better than barrage and high noon, but only because hanzo isn’t in danger of death when using it.

Why on earth would they nerf his ult? His ultimate is NOT the problem.

Its his OP fan the hammer and quicker travel time arrows that need to be toned down…

1 Like

Yeah.

Storms arrows should be 4 and not 6. Zarya and hanzo combo need more effective counterplay. We shoulnt be forced to play zenyatta.

And they should nerf or remove pharahmercy on console. Pharah is the top #1 dps on master and gm on ps4.

But they dont play overwatch and dont listen the players feedback.

If I had to guess, they probably mean they will change the charge rate of dragon strike, not how it actually operates.

1 Like

Most of the things blizzards says is smoke and mirrors these days. Almost every statement made about the game is contradicted by actions taken in development.

1 Like