Blizzard save your game! go 1/3/2

Absolute NO for 3-2-1.

The best thing to happen to Overwatch since hero limit was the role queue, and it would make no sense going backwards. Yes, before role queue many matches were played with 0-1 tanks, and it was ALWAYS a total nightmare. Completely unenjoyable. If role queue hadn’t arrived, I wouldve quit OW already.

2 Likes

Jeff, I’ve made more than one post begging for 3-2-1 and while one or two people are on board, most just “poo poo” the idea right out of the gate. I like to experiment and I’m disgusted by people that are unwilling to try new things.

I’d love to see 3-2-1 be the first experiment to hit the experimental card when it goes live!

At the very least, please bring 3-2-1 to the experimental card before the end of the 2nd qtr of 2020. I’ve also thought of the challenges with off-tanks, but never considered putting hog into a dps slot. hamster, d.va, zarya and hog will all need some serious changes in order to keep them in the tank slot. winston will probably need a buff to his shield too.

What if hog had a gas bomb that gave the whole team some version of an extended breather? balanced more toward damage reduction with a small whiff of healing.

What if zarya had a bubble generator that she could place on the ground and when a teammate was standing in it they would gain a buff that rapidly decays after the bubble is destroyed or if they step out of the bubble?

what if d.va had a wider, but shorter matrix that lasted for much longer, but had its life depleted more quickly proportionate to incoming damage? Let’s say matrix has 1200 HP and is depleted naturally at a rate of 75 hps while activated and recharges at a rate of 150 hps, explosive projectiles are not allowed to explode, but still do impact damage to the matrix. melee and beam weapons pass through the matrix as usual, but do not damage it.

a video game test never hurt anyone…boomer. Go get stuck in your ways and block progress somewhere else.

Why would we do this when dps is 32x more popular? (sarcasm)

Ok, I understand 100% why you would want to go 2-2-2, I wanted it too and it makes the most sense for a party of 6, but why do we have to have a combination totaling 6.

How about with the new experimental card system we try 4 v 4 in a 1-2-1 configuration. 1 tank 2 dps and 1 healer. I know this seems like a small team but sometimes I feel like 6 people often have a hard time meshing and are able to blame others for a loss a bit too easily. It would be much easier to find a group you can work with or 3 other friends than 5 to play with

Having played a lot of MMOs and RPGs (I know this isn’t one…) 4 characters has always felt like the perfect amount for a single person to manage.

I’ve always kind of wondered why the best feeling arcade modes are 4 v 4 and really that only makes sense.

And hey with 4 people maybe a ping system would be less chaotic and you could introduce that. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry, ive been trying to find you for a long time, and this reply has nothing to do with this thread, but are you the person who made the widow hs arena? I found a bug in the map. If it isnt him, sorry.

This would be awesome and a catastrophe in the same time, why?

Someone is one tricking their favorite tank and the whole team wants him to swap, but he wont.

Toxicity will emerge.

However i fully agree with the 1/3/2 as i seen it in action already it was quite good

2-3-2 or 1-1-1-3 flex would be nice on the arriving experimental card! Just test it why not? And we’ll see how it works out… the 111+3flex would bring back the goat problem but still it’s worth a shot on test realm or experimental card… forced 1-3-2 or 3-2-1 is a terrible idea since no tank synergy anymore… and too much pressure for solo role imo… and what if you get 1 Hammond tank? 1-3-2 wouldn’t work… less forced things more freedom would be nice… and still devs could focus balance around 2-2-2

Whats about 2/2/1/1 (DPS/Support/Tank/Flex)? You could add a flex ladder in which the players are allowed to pick any role. I can imagine that it could solve many problems, it would allow a little more tactics again, but in a more controlled way, and flex players will no longer be excluded from game.

1 Like

Hi Jeff wanted to expose my idea that was discussed in groups and social networks about a possible solution to reduce the queue time of the DPS.
An idea discussed among us in the community was implemented in a function rotation system, for example, “function research”.
The principle idea is to reduce 10 dps matches as a function queue or race player and when you reach those 10 DPS games it would be disabled until you play 10 games in the other Tank and Support functions.
Talking to other players, they commented that they play in other functions because of the DPS queue, so an alternative and the idea that it would probably be implanted and tested on the card or in the function rotation system, doing the same as discovering and knowing the best new heroes, define strategies with an expanded view of the game beyond the function.
Think about our idea discussed by the communities.
good evening
Sorry English, I’m Brazilian

Hi …wanted to expose my idea that was discussed in groups and social networks about a possible solution to reduce the queue time of the DPS.
An idea discussed among us in the community was implemented in a function rotation system, for example, “function research”.
The principle idea is to reduce 10 dps matches as a function queue or race player and when you reach those 10 DPS games it would be disabled until you play 10 games in the other Tank and Support functions.
Talking to other players, they commented that they play in other functions because of the DPS queue, so an alternative and the idea that it would probably be implanted and tested on the card or in the function rotation system, doing the same as discovering and knowing the best new heroes, define strategies with an expanded view of the game beyond the function.
Think about our idea discussed by the communities.
good evening
Sorry English, I’m Brazilian

No, just no. What the tech said was right. It’s far too chaotic, the tank pick matters twice as much with one tank and honestly 2 2 2 is clearly better. ONLY Reason they would do this is to pander to dps players; im a flex who used to be a dps main, but this is going to ruin the game on a fundamental level

3 Likes

It wouldnt be pander so much as reducing the length of queue times. Also, while the game feels drastically worse, there could be some appeal being the overpowered tank in a team of people just objectively weaker than you.

Just go 2-3-2 if they truly want to fix the queue problem. They are creating OW2 it’s great time to try it.

Its a nice mode for casual pew pew players, keep it as a new game mode, but dont mix it with the actual game.

this is a disgusting game mode. if you replace 222 with that… you gonna lose ALOT of players

2 Likes

1/3/2 a toujours été le meilleur mode pour overwatch le problème c’est que la catégorie off tank n’est pas mise en avant dans les sélection personnages et les flanker encore moin ce qui est une évidence pour certain joueurs et pas pour d’autre leurs manière d’évoluer dans le jeux ne leur permet pas de s’amélioré parce qu’ils n’ont pas les explications nécessaire de la manière dont ils peuvent jouet les personnages vous avez inventé un systeme arcade qui d’ailleur na aucun interet mais vous n’avez pas mis l’accent sur les explications pour les nouveau joueurs, c’est insane de jouet avec les nouveau ! et aussi pour la sécurité du jeux vous penssez pouvoir faire quelque chose ?, la 1/3/2 me ferais revenir comme beaucoup de joueurs mais si vous foutez rien … les cheater aussi sont de retour avec la 1/3/2

et pour l’optimisation in game écouté pas les joueurs ! ils demanderont toujour un up ou un down de tel ou tel hero c’est pour sa que j’ai arrêter wow il y a longtemps avec vos connerie d’écouter les gamin faite comme vous le souhaitez bordel vous avez des bonne idée. les alerte aux alié de apex son pas mal en off vocal :wink: bon courage

Heh, here we are

Played this mode a solid 2 hrs yesterday and I hated it. This wasn’t even competitive and I was getting people flaming me for picking Hog, Wb, or Sigma.

People wanted Rein or Zarya.

Can only imagine how much worse it will get if it was the standard for the game. No thanks.

3 Likes

No, 1-3-2 is more hatred and chaotic. Don’t do it Blizzard, save 2-2-2.

1 Like