Blizzard save your game! go 1/3/2

I got a brilliant idea how about 3 tanks and 3 supports with DPS heroes being removed entirely.

Oh wait this is goats right?. Maybe goats is what will make this game fun.

8 Likes

Likeā€¦ this? Who in their right mind would ever feel like having it restricted to a single tank would ever be a good idea? People complain about having a Roadhog on their team when someone goes Zarya or Hammond, but could you IMAGINE the complaints if the ONLY tank the team got was a Dva? A Roadhog? Either nothing would die on the enemy team, or there would be a massive stalemate at the chokepoint of whatever map youā€™re playing. If its not a stalemate from nothing dying, its a steamroll and the enemy canā€™t set up and just simply dies. There is no inbetween.

This is also incredibly dumb and way too hard to pull off yet I see it popping up. Iā€™m not sure who started it, but I donā€™t think anyone thinks about it. The main thing about it all is who decides what is what? Who decides what a main healer is? Raw numbers? Who decides what a ā€œmainā€ tank is? A shield? What about hammond? He doesnā€™t have a shield but is widely considered a ā€œmain tank.ā€ Sigma? Seen as a main when played with others, but when played with Orisa or Rein is often seen as the off-tank.

And DPS is the same. Whatā€™s utility? Is a junkrat trap utility? McCree stun? Soldier biopod? Who determines whatā€™s 1 and 1 for DPS? Developers? The players?

7 Likes

Since when has this community had a choice on anything in the design of Overwatch? We can beg the developers all we want, and every now and then they might listen to us and throw us a bone over an easily-implementable idea (e.g., changing the Witch Mercy skinā€™s default rez voiceline to her famed Halloween line), but for 99% of everything else, they call the shots and makes the changes according to their own vision. At times, it may seem like they side with a certain segment or another of the community, but when everyone throws out ideas for balances changes for every possible direction a hero can be taken, of course someone is bound to coincidentally end up correctly predicting the next patch notes. Obviously, the heroes will be sorted by the developers in every version of Role Queue they create.

There is nothing dumb about 1-1-1-1-1-1. If anything, it is the next logical means to limit player choice as needed to keep the game balance-able, as every added hero further adds more variables and uncertainty to the system. The ultimate, and worse-case endgame I can think of (along with fear and despise) is possibly the addition of some kind of hero ban system, be it seasonal, weekly, or per-match. Regardless if bans were chosen by the developers themselves or by the players, I would be appalled to see any hero physically removed from being played at all.

3 Likes

This is thread number 100 on the exact same topic.
If you are not on the edge of the bell curve and have somewhat experience on tank or sup you wouldnā€™t make such a post

Few reasons:
Killing the intra tank and sup dynamic
Dumb down the game
Creating a monstrum which is not fun to play against and to play it (insert the typical mutation meme ā€œplease kill meā€)
Killing off the tank and sup population for good

5 Likes

I donā€™t think you have thought this through the perspective of a tank. A single tank going against 3 DPS and 2 Supports is hell, itā€™s not going to work, 222 is the best option. Anyone who doesnā€™t want to use RQ can go play QPC and DPS all they want.

16 Likes

Solo healer would be better than solo tank.

They could buff healers to reflect there only being 1 instead of 2.

I used to solo heal as Moira all the time prior to 2-2-2 ā€¦ tons of people would always squeal like babies about it ā€œMoiRa CaNt SoLo HeAlā€ but I always proved them wrong :wink:

3 Likes

3 DPS is just obnoxious, we donā€™t need double sniper + sombra again

Plus this would just be hell for the tank player, youā€™d probably make queue times worse because of how few people would be willing to play tank at that point

15 Likes

There are many dps heroes and matchups when u can create space being damage dealer (doomfist, mei, pharmercy, ashemercy, basically all flankers) That was the way how multiple dps comps works before roleQ.

I have to use 20 letters to say no.

16 Likes

Yeah because we didnā€™t play 2-2-2 and then even 3-3 without any DPS before role lock was a think /s :roll_eyes: Youā€™re not making a solid point because what youā€™re saying never really happened when heroes were being played up to their realistic potential. Denying simple facts about the game because you just want faster DPS queue times only makes the current role queue seem better

4 Likes

1x6 roles would be too many for the game to survive. Hyperbole about the logical next step is not helping the conversation ; itā€™s just directing thoughts toward bad places where a change like this does not necessarily lead to.

1/3/2 could be implemented, but I think this game has gone through a lot as it is. If it did, the developers would have to be certain that it helps the flow of the game rather than harming it.

Most responses here will be negative no matter if it was good or not.

Hero bans, I could see. But probably as an Arcade Mode without RQ rather than in combination with RQ.

I donā€™t get what the hell with DPS role queue compliments? Play death match while you wait. I am only playing DPS in competitive.

2 Likes

I just want 2-2-2 to work, it is not working and i describe a cause. If 2-2-2 is not working, so i cant see a point of being in q for 10-20 minutes per game.

No one would ever play tank again. And you would have to re-work all the off-tanks to make them viable.

12 Likes

That relies on players picking those heroes though - considering before role queue 6DPS comps happened, thatā€™s unlikely to occur.

everything is happened but it has itā€™s chances to happen. 2-2-2 delete flexibility, now it increases these chances to get throw comp bc tanks are abusing the q.

If you mean dps players playing tanks to ā€œabuseā€ the q, then thatā€™s good - it gets DPS players playing tanks.

And i personally as a flex player I find i MORE flexibility than i had before. Now i can pick DPS or tank instead of picking a healer every game because the rest of the team is DPS.

4 Likes

My suggestion was 2/3/2 for OW2. Sure itā€™ll require re-balancing the entire hero roster, but they will probably need to do that anyways when they release 5+ new heroes for OW2 launch.

5 Likes

Bad idea. NEXT!

4 Likes

Thatā€™s extremely far-fetched.
DPS queue times being slightly faster (no, not much, because a huge number of tank players would most likely quit) does not change the fact that half of the tanks are designed to be played together with other tanks.

2 Likes