Blizzard Reporting System is rewarding bullies

So I was told by a 5 stack I was going to be reported because as Moira they thought I did too much DPS and was throwing. I had 4 golds and POTG but that was their mocking threat.

I submitted a ticket to Blizzard stating the intent of the false reports and stating there is no legitimate recourse to false reports and they linked the following as examples of “abusive chat” PROVING their system is utterly FAILING. I am LEGIT linking their list of what they claim is abusive chat.
“gg” (not even kidding)
“love qp”
“4”
“u play your game i’ll play mine”
“ROFL” (again, NOT EVEN KIDDING)
“left room” (SERIOUSLY!? I was TELLING MY TEAM there was a rat in the LEFT ROOM on the map. WHAT THE HECK!!??)

Game time communication is reportable? Typing a number is reportable? This is the system that costs people account and these are the “toxic” and “abusive” things that cost people accounts. There are PRIME examples of phrases and game time discussions that are not profane, insulting, harassing and are being defined completely wrong!

Telling your team there is someone in the “left room” but that being presumed as me saying I am leaving a room? And even if I did state I was leaving a room how the ever loving HECK is that abusive chat? THIS IS WHY THE GAME IS DYING! Because they have given power to revenge reporting and petty reporting and covered themselves in a blanket of completely WRONG HEADED BUNK! I can’t even believe this was what was listed as reported text. They are ACTIVELY encouraging people to MUTE completely because if you can’t say “gg” or tell folks where players are hiding without it being considered TOXIC what the HECK else is a player suppose to do?

I am just beyond disgusted with their abject failure. You cannot in good conscience keep a system this flawed and use it to deprive players of accounts they have worked hard to build on these petty and nonsensical grounds. Remove the account banning option. Heck you can even permi-silence an account at least the account still is maintained. But a vote to kick option is much better. In QP and Arcade team mates can vote to kick someone toxic. One player submits it and if they get the other 4 to agree BOOM the toxic one is booted. They requeue and try again. Eventually if they keep getting kicked they won’t get any game time forcing a change in behavior. Other players can silence or squelch or leave TC or MC or voice so they always have an option to avoid filth. This is a win win and a MUCH MORE direct way to quell toxicity. If a toxic player keeps getting booted from QP and Arcade they will have NO GAME TIME thereby demanding a change in behavior in order to play and removing the possibility of a mistaken or petty permi ban.

In competitive vote to “time out” at the end of games works as well where players can suggest a vote to TO someone who was toxic. Again, 5 votes for gets the player a 5 minute suspension from comp. if it happens again 10 minutes and so on. The player is forced to correct the behavior or they don’t get to play thereby, in effect, removing them from the forum in which they were deemed toxic by OTHER PLAYERS not bots.

Yes it will be abused as everything is but abused system or false reports won’t COST THE PLAYER THEIR ACCOUNT!

COME ON BLIZZARD! Step up. Fix this travesty of a system. Restore banned accounts and institute a vote to kick and vote to time out system. GG! =)

29 Likes

GG!? Even the freakin’ bots are toxic now?

13 Likes

Thankfully, most 5 stacks don’t know that cheating is now automated (used to be manual), and if they rallied people to report you for cheating you could get perm banned automatically.

Report the bots for abusive chat. All of them.

Then they’ll just start leaving as soon as they queue up with me…

Then they just need to git gud.

Well, I’m pretty sure they all use aimbot as it is.

Oh then just report them for cheating as well lol

Blizz has zero protection for false reporting that they actually implement.

2 Likes

I WONT +1 , But I do agree that the system NEEDS revisions.

1 ) The system doesn’t net the people whom HARASS others for no reason.

2 ) The system doesn’t PREVENT toxic team-stacks bullying their other team members.

• If the system needs an extra menu for those whom wish to play IN and AGAINST stacked teams. That way they have NO reason to complain. I mean sure, a 5-stack will NEVER get to Q, But that is their OWN fault. They have been toxic and very rude to people for OVER 2 years, bullying others.

3 ) Not everyone is a “thrower”. By bad chance, and bad luck. You will ALWAYS get bad teammates in this game unless YOU, the player chose to form a full group of players. If you want to win.

4 ) Competitive and Quickplay match maker needs a revision that addresses NEW accounts and Long-term accounts.

5 ) competitive SR system should NEVER place players in the middle of SR, it should put players at ZERO and let their INDIVIDUAL PERFORMANCE set their SR by number of matches played, and how they advance in utility of their skill during a match.

1 Like

That’s been a problem forever and Blizzard doesn’t seem intent on changing it. Use to be a lot of people who got suspended from the game just for playing Torbjorn (and the game would kick you mid match too).

5 Likes

Since it was introduced, the report system has never been fit for purpose.

I’ve played Blizzard games for over a decade and customer service was always such a strong point of their games. Talking to a GM on wow for example was always an exceptional experience. They went above and beyond.

Not Overwatch though. Bans are automated. Appeals are impossible. The rules aren’t even taken into account. It’s a disgrace and Blizzard should be ashamed of how far they’ve fallen with regard to customer service.

14 Likes

This post legit resonates. I enjoy hunting people down with Tracer or Widow, if they trash talk I usually focus them even more, ssd to say bans followed. Oh well. Guess we should keep playing?

1 Like

I want Jeff to come in here and tell us what he thinks of the customer service rep that sent you those examples of toxic chat. The system is broken enough, but your company actually pays someone a wage to deny customers a paid service while telling them that “GG” is abusive.

I appealed a suspension once during a period that I only ever typed GG and GL HF. They REFUSED to send me a chat log when I requested one and escalated it.

7 Likes

dont go around telling people

YES! I had WONDERFUL customer service experiences with WoW and been playing since BETA. OW wasn’t bad the first year or so then something changed and revenge reporting became a thing. BOT logging of reports and NEVER winning a challenge. I spent a month only complimenting folks and got suspended for reports. Just pathetic.

Just shows you how much Blizzard can be lazy with it. I’m honestly suprised that older companies can do better than them with their reporting systems, Valve has implemented a system like this where if you get too many reports you can get banned/suspended from matchmaking in TF2, But you don’t get banned from the game entirely.

4 Likes

it really is shameful how bad the system is. honestly i have NEVER heard someone’s story where an appeal actually worked. according to Blizz, their automated bot system is absolutely perfect and never, ever misjudges people.

3 Likes

Woah, I have never seen that player icon before, that looks cool

Also I am getting some deja-vu reading the OP

Blizzard should be sued for their reporting/ban system since it gives tools to the real toxic ones… you wont play the hero i want you to play? Eat report you p**ce of poop! They literally gave those people something in their hands which they can threaten other players with… in EU threatening (and helping to do so) is a crime. Maybe i should report everyone i think playes the wrong hero? Like… enemy and friendly Hanzo? Or now reporting every single Echo player? I mean… they have no playbacks they can watch throu if they even wanted to check if a report is valid or not and your ban comes automatically anyway and you get manually reviewed if you make a ticket after getting banned. Well… even then you probably just get a template mail back.

4 Likes