Please read this

Don’t join team voice chat, use group voice chat or discord etc. instead and disable text chat, problem solved. If ya don’t want to do that then yeah there’s not much else that can be done. There are a ton of toxic people in online video games, no matter what game there always will be there’s no way to get rid of them

You’re not alone, I’m sorry you had that experience.

If you want to group up, you can add me at bananafish80#1304

I know positive people who don’t do that sort of thing and will stand up for you if it does happen. Gotta play in groups to fight the vitriol sometimes (unfortunately)

1 Like

I’ve seen it, heard it. I made a recent post with a friend of mine whom I am still not convinced Blizzard did anything with the reports. I don’t know, based on my pattern of not reporting for over two weeks without seeing the “we took action on a recent report” message tends to make me think nothing is going to get done unless the automated system bans and I don’t think enough reports are done in this case to trigger it and Blizzard knows nothing until said person is banned and they appeal and someone sees the logs.
I do believe there needs to be better “policing” of the chat. I am not convinced the endorsement system fixes salty chat or the example you provide here.
My friend an I were playing and she was consistently harassed in both voice and typed chat during a game, but it was a comp game, so what is her option now? Sure just block them, avoid them or just leave and essentially get a suspension over the toxic flow of harassment that comes through this game.
My opinion, not enough is done, and enforcement doesn’t happen from Blizzard until the automated system bans someone and that person has the nerve to contest it. If someone wants to joke, ok joke, but if you are told it is not being acceptable for whatever reason then these “children” need to stop it. These type of “jokes” are not for everyone, and not for every game.
I am sorry this happened to you too, it is a shame.

Edit: I will add, that if (assuming I never had) saw you in a group or on the opposing team of any match and saw that happen to anyone, I will go above and beyond reporting…I don’t sit quietly to people who do not want this type of conversation put on them, and yes, I am sure if my friend saw this, she would back me up and probably be worried I will get my account suspended for sticking up…I have zero tolerance for it when it is not welcomed.

1 Like

Me too, I’m actually agender but saying it in game is frightening, and I constantly get sexual comments even though I am clearly underage

1 Like

Did I miss something in there? I saw them ask if you have a chest? Was that it?

1 Like

It says “Please Read!”

If I was the OP, I honestly would not care and do it for something like this. This is not the only post surrounding this type of topic recently. Sure if the conversation was Topic: Blizzard or Jeff please read, and the opening line was “Nerf Brig” OK, then that is really not necessary, but here, it needs attention more than those nerf threads right now…that is just my opinion, rules are rules, but that is my opinion.

:crossed_swords: :shield: :bow_and_arrow: Take these, you’ll need them… SHISTAR

“Dont talk in a game that’s heavily comms based.”

Wow great advice

1 Like

Yeah it is great advice. If someone is verbally abusing you, or sexual harassing you as a minor, then yes, muting and reporting it is the best damn advice anyone can give. Grow up son, it’s not about “playing a game” at that point anymore.

1 Like

It just sucks that the person receiving the harassment is the one who gets screwed out of the situation. You’re in comp OW and you can’t listen to call outs because that person was toxic from the get go-- that’s the problem.

Somebody’s game gets ruined, in multiple ways.

2 Likes

Big maturity thnx for responding

2 Likes

lol you trolling now. And yeah, I stand by what I said. You need to either read the original post in it’s entirety before posting, or do some serious growing up.

Overwatch.

2 Likes

I think you need to calm your farm just a tad.
son

I’m cool as a cucumber my man. Always have been.

you come of as an angery boy

1 Like

Nah, you just interpret it that way. You too sensitive.

It’s not actually the best advice. Especially in her situation. If you saw the whole video she speaks about how nobody stood up for her. People should be telling her to learn to stand up for herself. Not saying to ignore it. What will those guys learn of you just let it happen. I’m sorry she feels bad, but what happened too her isn’t really to bad. They asked if she has a chest. I’d recommend saying yes we all have chests.

2 Likes

But then

Maybe you shouldn’t be “giving advice” on this thread.