Blizzard not listening to Community feedback

They recently responded to mercy feedback

I believe it was Jeff who said something roughly along the lines of both sides either wanting Mercy to be god like or completely ruined. He’s aiming to make her balanced, and that the more recent changes may help with that

So, you take a Main healer and turn her into a glorified Heal Bot… What FUN for anyone trying to play her. An you wonder why people who played her are ticked?

No I literally said that they have now designed her to find value in RESSURECT and DAMAGE BOOST. Not HEALING. And if you don’t find her new play style fun, then there’s 4 other supports to learn that all fill different playstyles. Mercy’s new play style is about boosting your teams damage and Ressing teammates who mess up.

And HERE IS THE TRANSCRIPT!!!
FYI Mercy Mains do NOT want her Overpowered, we want her FUN and IMPACTFUL which Valkyrie Mercy, after 15 Nerfs, is NOT…

Fran-- So Mercy.
Jeff-- Mercy…
Fran-- She’s getting he he hee…
Jeff-- I’m wearing Mercy on my shirt.
Fran-- You Are. She’s getting a buff.
Jeff-- Yes. She is.
Fran-- Ummmm…
Jeff-- What do you think of the buff?
Fran-- I think… Okay, I’m just a little bitter, and jealous, because it took Ana about 6 seasons to get you know her works.
Jeff-- Yeah.
Fran-- Her work done, but Mercy 1 seasons out of meta and gets an instant buff. I have a feeling you have a bias here.
Jeff-- So, you, so, wait, let me get this straight. I’m being acused of buffing Murf… Mercy too quickly an having a Mercy bias. Is that correct?
Fran-- Yes (giggling)
Jeff-- OK. Does Chat agree?
Fran-- (still giggling while both are waiting to see what Chat says, though they never say wheather Chat agrees or not)
Jeff-- Ummm, we’re hoping, we’re hoping Mercy’s in a good spot, after this Valkyrie Buff.
Fran-- Yeah.
Jeff-- We think the buff does a lot more than a people originally thought that it did?
Fran-- Yeah.
Jeff-- Ummm, we’re just, we want Mercy, we’re not looking at Mercy to be the best hero in the game.
Fran-- Unhungh
Jeff-- An we are not looking for Mercy to be the worst hero in the game.
Fran-- Yeah.
Jeff-- We are looking for Mercy to be balanced. An a lot of the feedback we get is very emotional in one direction or the other.
Fran-- Yeah.
Jeff-- Where they are not gonna be happy untill she is either the best or the worst hero.
Fran-- Yeah.
Jeff-- Ummm.
Fran-- Ooooh. That’s so true.
Jeff-- Yeah, an so we feel a great responsibility towards every hero in the game umm, an feel a great responsibility towards the game’s balance as a whole.

(talk about her plays for a bit, and STOP talking about Mercy @ 46:05)

Jeff-- But it is nice ummm, I realy was pleased with the ummm support balance patch that we did. I think it was great for Lucio. I think ummm, it was good for Moria.
Yeah.

(talking about her plays again)

Jeff-- An then I think it was ummm, really great for Ana.
Fran-- Yeah.
Jeff-- Ummm, it’s really nice seeing Ana in play. Ummm, I think that, that patch was sort of a good lesson. Hopefully for all of us. Where I saw a lot of people when they first saw the changes saying you know, “Well that change to Ana’s ultimate, there’s no way that change is gonna make a difference.”
Fran-- Yeah, I said the same thing. An I play a lot of Ana. I didn’t think it would make a difference.
Jeff-- Yeah an people read the patch notes and go like, “Well, this isn’t what Ana needs. Ana needs so much more.” An now Ana’s totally Meta.
Fran-- Yeah.
Jeff-- An she’s totally relavant an that was the change that was made.
Fran-- Umhum, yeah.
Jeff-- So, ummm, SOMETIMES we know what we are doing.

(both laughing)

Jeff-- Sometimes… So yeah.
Fran-- For sure.

(talking about what is on the desk that Fran is playing on)

I read that entire thing in Jeff’s voice

10/10 would read again

Ah, so a DAMAGE Bot instead of a Heal Bot, an more like a Pocket Healer. Not very impactful nor fun for the Mercy player no matter how you look at it. An you wonder why Mercy players are ticked?

2 Likes

Most other FPS games don’t have a mass ressurect though, and they make sense in the context of the game and have a revive time per single player around 5 seconds, not snap casted results. And it’s better in the way the stall isn’t so rough as it used to be, it was a huge timewaster especially on KoTH maps, where you could easily squeeze another 20% out of a completely lost fight. Now the games are faster paced, and wiping a team actually means something, not giving the worse team that fight round a reward for getting beaten. It’s much better from where I sit.

If you don’t find her new found play style fun, again there’s 4 other supports that all provide different playstyles. Please try learning one. For a hero that’s as easy to pick up as Mercy, she still finds plenty of value that other supports can’t get. It’s just that you guys want her to just be pumping out heals. We have two supports that do that already. Mercy’s new role honestly is better imo. It makes the Mercy juggle dmg boosts onto her main dps heroes. And occasionally sneak in a RES that basically flips the resource economy of a fight. It’s just that many Mercy mains like yourself just want to sit back and heal. If that’s what you wanna do, then I highly advise that you pick up and learn Ana or Moira since that’s their play style.

Or go full out Battle Mercy and show the DPS up. It, going full Battle Mercy, is the ONLY way Mercy can get PoG now a days, being robbed of every other avenue to get PoG, much less:

1. On Fire (at dismal 2%)
  2. Get over 50% win rate, it’s below 48% and falling.

Course, if someone does THAT they get reported for Sabotage.

1 Like

We’re not nerfing and buffing heroes based on if they can get POTG. If we were then Ana needs a huge buff. That’s idiotic.

And no, don’t go battle Mercy because that isn’t your job to kill things. You are a support that boosts teammates dmg and RESs. You’d just be throwing at that point.

My experience with Current mercy is neither a heal or or a damage bot. I am speaking of course from both the perspective of playing her and playing alongside/against her.

A good mercy is unquestionably one of the most impactful hero’s in the support slot.

Example: those amazing times when you are playing a slower fire rate hero and your mercy is very quickly toggling between healing when you are not firing and damage amp for those brief moments you are. Which effectively leaves almost zero time you (and your teammates) are not at or near max healthwhile also ensuring maximum potential for each of your shots.

Mercy players who do these little extra tricks are the goddesses of overwatch because they are doing far more then being a “healing/damage bot”. They are efficiently using their kit to enable their team.

If you are experiencing otherwise perhaps you are not doing these finite things to enrich your play? Perhaps your misconceptions are causing you not to see the potential at your fingertips?

Food for thought.

I would go on about it, and how they have perverted Mercy to her current UNIMPACTFUL state, but your mind is soooo closed so my words are wasted on you. “Pearls before Swine”…
An no, that is not so much an insult, just my wisdom is wasted on people like you.
But to close, Mercy WAS easy to pick up, but HARD to Master. Now she is boring. Since they Nerfed Mercy because she was “Unfun” to play against (LIKE over 90% of the Ults in the game) why can’t they do a REWORK and make Mercy FUN and Impactful again, because being a glorified Pocket Healer/Damage Boost for 1 DPS is not fun in the least.

Holy smokes…this is why so many discussions on mercy become toxic.

“You don’t share my views so that makes you close minded…”

Come on. If you feel this way there is ZERO reason to express it beyond wanting to sling mud at someone. You are speaking from a place of emotional outburst. Which will NEVER foster an environment for open discussion.

1 Like

No, not in the least. I tried to EXPLAIN why people are mad about the rework, he keeps throwing out “This is what mercy is now, get used to it” Not in so many words, but it is definitely there, and I am the bad guy?

I was not being toxic, Mercy WAS a good healer, could solo heal, could rez 1-5 people if things went south and now we are reduced to Heal/Damage bots an supposed to be happy about it?

What if that happened to YOUR hero… meh I’ve tried that experiment so many times though an no one gets it… THUS my comment “Perls before swine.”

Call it toxic if you like, but I hope YOUR Hero doesn’t get taken to the cleaners like Mercy, Symmetra, etc. have been.

1 Like

First let’s not call names, I’ve respected you.
Second, Mercy still finds impact in her kit. Mercy mains like yourself are just so focused on “Support=Heals” but that’s not all supports do.
Mercy finds her value, and it’s pretty good value, in RESSURECT and BOOSTING. She’s the best support to boost your teams efficiency in dmg and her main ability, Res, takes team fights that are not in your favor and flips the resource economy of the fight. The enemy team has to use resources to kill your team, if you can get a Res off, then that is taking the resources they used and negating it entirely. Team fight flipped.
If anything I’m the one who has an open mind about how the games roles work. If you want to play a support that finds their value in huge healing numbers, then go play Ana or Moira. But if you’re gonna keep playing Mercy, you need to learn that she is not gonna find huge value in just healing. It’s like me trying to play Tracer like a Soldier:76 or Mccree. I won’t be playing my hero to her strengths. That’s what you’re trying to do with Mercy, play her like an Ana. It doesn’t work that way.
You need to open up your mind on how the different roles and playstyles work in the game, and play to those heroes strengths.

“blizzard isnt doing what i want and i cant handle it :<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<”

2 Likes

you want to talk about emong’s stream?

they went straight to talking about AoE res, spread more mis-information about its use and perpetuated more double standards, they didnt adress the ACTUAL concerns of the #bringbackourhero movement (interactivity) and just proved their apathy towards interactivity and fun.

they also said they have no plans to change bastion. let that sink in.

3 Likes

I like you good sir
20 characters

1 Like

I might not like Jeff decision making on hero balance, but seeing him on screen and such makes me smile how passionate he is about the game…even though I did not like the false reports and such. However thanks to many others including myself that have been affected by it has made a change for the better.

All I just want in return is some love for Symmetra. I love that hero because she fits my style. I can have my turrets protect my teammates while I can do some flanking. I just want her beam to be more effective, her hp have a buff and her ult give to give a debuff when passing or block Winston’s Telsa cannon.

Why does Winston’s Telsa cannon shoot through Symmetra’s ult? I thought her ult blocks all incoming damage. Is that a glitch?