Blizzard Moved Many Hearts|BLM Response

Really? Would you care to elaborate on this? Perhaps give some examples.

Oh and another thing I worry about is that Covid may end up helping him win, which is why he’s so against mail-in ballots.

Of voters (young folks largely don’t vote), it’s the liberal base more likely to stay at home than the Republicans. On top of that Covid has hit black communities harder, and I’m afraid that may impact our willingness to turn and vote. I know i had to jump on some family members because they said they don’t know if they’ll vote, and 8 people connected to my family have died of Covid.

So we’ll see.

1 Like

You’ll need to make sure they do vote, and make others vote too.

They all play an important role.

Honestly it surprises me that it would help him win, knowing he’s the main cause why there have been so many cases in the US.
With that it should actually encourage everyone to not vote for the current one and encourage the ones that don’t want to vote to prevent such scenario from happening again correct?

Sure. Republican party officials have been gerrymandering districts in numbers since the late 1970’s. Some of the most extreme members of the party, Jim Jordan, Dan Crenshaw, Matt Gaetz, etc, are actually from many of those districts.

What the gerrymandering does is it splits districts to maximize the impact of your likely voters, while minimizing that of other likely voters. And they do this all while crying about election fraud. The only election fraud that they find are in places like Georgia or North Carolina, where Republican party officials self-deal on elections. That’s how Kemp got in office.

There’s lots of other examples too. I’m sure you can dig those up.

Holy cow. That’s hard. I’m sorry to hear it.

I hope that’s what ends up happening, but it could easily go the other way around because of the people most likely to stay home for their safety.

The youth are certainly energized against him and are out protesting, but they’ve traditionally been a very weak voting bloc because they don’t vote.

Voter suppression is also a very real thing that targets a voterbase more likely to vote for Biden. I’ve seen some OBSCENE lines. I’ve seen doors to voting places inexplicably locked on people when it’s against the law.

2 Likes

As an outsider looking in it even appears that way over here and it’s baffling to watch. Surely Biden couldn’t have been the best the Democrats could have gone with? Am I just missing something?

1 Like

He’s definitely not. However, the arguable BEST candidate is very old and very divisive, and the cards were stacked very hard against him.

It was a lot harder on my aunties and uncles. I only knew 1 of the deceased.

My uncle was friends with the group of black Detroit police officers who died, my great-grandmother’s cousin son died of it, my aunt died of it, and a couple other family friends.

1 Like

It sounds like Covid has really hit your family hard, and my like is one of sympathy, not because I am happy to read what you posted.

Yes. It has. And thank you.

1 Like

And that’s another card in the deck – make it really hard for the people who tend not to vote for you to actually cast their ballots.

2 Likes

If that’s the case it’s almost as if they dont want to win. The absolute state of American politics is depressing.

Losing to Trump twice would be impressive for all the wrong reasons :confused:

Law Enforcement reform seams to be more “Fair” since they profile folks.

• I drive my Red ECLIPSE. About every “county mounty” points their radar at MY vehicle. I have CDL and don’t speed (or I would lose it). Then the officer still tails my car either way. and rides my bumper.

• I drive my 2011 VNL Semi, state patrol has the RIGHT to do a RANDOM stop, just to check to see if my lights are working, check my logs, and the Slack Adjusters on my truck to see if they are in adjustment. As well as looking at some random flakes of rust. “yes officer I checked the castle nuts, the pitman arm, etc”. and still wants to write a citation for an OIL PRESSURE gauge that doesn’t make them happy.

1990s State SWAT team kicks in my Father’s co-workers door over a Warrant, only to find out they hit the wrong house. No door is paid for “oh, we are sorry”. nice to have a bunch of police pointing Rifles at the wrong individuals.

Yeah, Police reform IS fair. Even the LEOs I do speak with agree some of their colleagues are OUT OF CONTROL. It starts with the State level and voters.

Simply put. Do NOT vote the same Chief of police or Sheriff into office every year.

1 Like

You do realize both parties do this. It doesn’t make it right. It is what it is

2 Likes

Agreed, It is a huge problem. The issue is. States would have better turn-outs for election cycles if there was REFORM.

States remove "winner takes all" This way each state has equal representation in all areas. Which keeps it from going “Blue” or “red”. and allows MINORITY GROUPS to vote! :+1:

Felon Election voting rights - I mean they are “U.S. Citizens” housed by State corrections officials. and they are on U.S. SOIL.

2 Likes

Both parties do gerrymandering, but the electoral college is mostly designed to give a boost to rural area votes. And many states are likewise structured to give rural votes a boost. And rural areas largely vote Republican. Republicans have also been more guilty of voter suppression.

2 Likes

This is the real tea, and it’s nice to see someone else post this.

Forum Moderator Note: Please keep in mind that the Overwatch forums are for discussion of topics directly related to Overwatch. This topic has reach the end of it’s course.

1 Like