Blizzard is Apparently Considering Splitting Comp into Two Playlists

Here we go again

18 Likes

Former MVP … Ya seems like a legit tweet from a reliable source … Oh wait

8 Likes

I mean, it’s making people who dislike 2-2-2 happy, so I don’t see an issue with it.

86 Likes

This could be interesting. Not sure if it will help or hurt que times though.

1 Like

And the issue is?
Last time COQ was live it was genuinely an all around positive experience.
Queue times fell a bit, people got to pick which queue format suited them best, literally no major downside.

I see no reason to be angry or unhappy with this development.
If they were talking about deleting RQ, sure, I’d get it, but not with just this.

6 Likes

Arguably the biggest problem with OW right now is queue times. All this will do is fracture comp and make the queues even larger

6 Likes

Yea, but leads to a problems around balance that it might bring to bouth modes
I mean, for what they gona balance it out? What stat to use for balance etc.

But could help wait times i guess.

Depends tbh, because many people who will be going to open q will be those who dont want to wait, even if they prefere to play in 222…

Queues haven’t been very different while the open season’s been going so far, so I don’t see it as problematic.

9 Likes

Disagree.
Biggest issue with Overwatch is the toxic behaviour towards players due to hero choice.

22 Likes

Why not? Pick one or the other based on

A) your tolerance of the possibility of a non 222 comp

B) your tolerance of a queue in order to guarantee 222

Shouldve been a choice from the get go

22 Likes

True, that’s a big one. People always tilt before you even leave the hero select screen if you’re playing anyone who “isn’t meta”.

2 Likes

I think they are equaly a problem rn with the current game.
And waiting might lead to more toxicity tbh.

2 Likes

There is probably a different set of stats for each mode

1 Like

Yea, but not differend balance changes for modes usualy

1 Like

And oddly never get that between rounds :stuck_out_tongue: only before match starts does picking D’Va seem to be bad

Probably because you kicked butt and they stop whining because you showed them up. Sometimes, a little demonstration is necessary :slightly_smiling_face:

Not a bad idea at all. In fact, I made a post some time before role que about nearly this exact thing, except I said make 2-2-2 optional and keep all ladder the same (ie 2-2-2 comps can face non-2-2-2 comps)

1 Like

It would hurt anyone trying to que for 2-2-2, but may possibly help dps que times if they decide to do open que. More likely to make it worse either way for dps wait times, as the population would be split. Doing what i said in my above post would definitely decrease que times all around though

Well, it’s hard to tell what will happen since this has never happened before

1 Like

It is a type of Competitive Game so it should have been there in the first place.
I dont know why some people in the forum act like the “Open Queue” wasnt the normal way of playing comp for like THREE years

Like what?

7 Likes