Blizzard hypocrisy. Saying Gameplay Sabotage is not allowed

It’s definitely not as easy or affordable but lets not pretend that OW is the $60 game it used to be. There are game expansions more expensive than OW.

its basically the same thing to smurfing

a Higher sr person is intentionally playing with lower SR people

5 Likes

The amount of people that claim to not know this is insane.
Also theres A LOT of dudes that just dont care and want to report that guy that rolled them over. RageReport is quite a thing in online games and in OW is super prevalent.

Then why is it not allowed for me to practice in GM with my friend even if it was legit done without cheating :clown_face:

which is why unranked to gm streams dont exist…

wait those guys ruin tons of games and the matchmaker usually doesnt do crap to stop them.

2 Likes

It looks like they changed their mind since 2018:

3 Likes

Yeah right.

2 Likes

Blizzard should force people who set up a new account to automatically link the MMR from their main account to the new one.

As it is now, being able to legally smurf is a paid service. Blizzard wont just reset your MMR on your main account so you can bypass their matchmaker and play against lower ranks, even though their matchmaker should quickly place them higher again. But if you pay for it, its fine.

3 Likes

So basically it’s because you are afraid to lose.

2 Likes

I think part of what you are seeing is bad matchmaking in the first place. The game probably knows that guy has higher mmr than everyone else, but he gets matched in there anyway, because he’s queueing with friends, has a dps fast pass, it’s 3am, and they’ve been in queue for 6 minutes already.

Population dwindles, matchmaking becomes harder, a tale as old as the internet.

1 Like

That still doesn’t explain why you’d need an alternate account in order to play different heroes? Using Valorant and Apex Legends (as you used them), in Valorant, Sage plays differently to the likes of Neon or any other Duelist, and in Apex Legends, playing Caustic or Lifeline is a lot different than playing Wraith or Ash.

All the games mentioned involve characters with different playstyles (same as Overwatch), so it doesn’t make sense as to why Overwatch needs a separate account in order to play these heroes? Ideally, Overwatch should allow for players to play whatever hero they want on a single account; if a game requires you to buy another account to play a different playstyle, then that’s very poor game design in the grand scheme of things. At least, in my eyes.

3 Likes

I mean a rank per hero would kind of solve this. But then… switches are kind worthless.

Playing a new account normally is not manipulating. Only deliberately throwing to get lower SR is manipulating and also banable .

1 Like

I really wish the limit to play comp was a lot higher, it would at least make the people who buy several new accounts with the intention of playing many games in lower tiers at least have to put in considerable time to do it. I’d like if at the very least the limit was 50 rather than 25, gives the match maker a proper chance to place them too.

2 Likes

even when you report people on doing that action rarely gets taking and we know that.

I honestly dont get the appeal in smurfing just to smurf, dont get why someone would spend that money when they already have an account they can play on , and Im very tired of getting them in my games in swarms every time the game goes on sale

But in the same breath allowing SO MANY players to soft throw without even realizing it because they’re awful while the game could do a much better job at explaining basic OW knowledge.

I’d rather see smurfs than hardstuck peanut brain players.

LOL it cracks me up how some people react to the truth and actually tries to defend themselves by basically saying “Yeah i’m cheating, I’m cheating because I don’t like losing”.

Why not practice your weak characters in quickplay then go to ranked? If you lose with a character in ranked its because you weren’t good enough and you deserve SR loss and deserve to play with and against people that also are just as skilled (or not) as you.
The reason you don’t do that is because you want to win when you shouldn’t be able to. You’re a cheater, but you think its ok because everyone else does it. Your argument for using alts is so you don’t lose as much on your main account. It’s cheating when losing is a metric the system needs to accurately place you.
You’re worried about smurfs stomping you, so thats why you make another smurf account. Man I really wonder if the human race is gonna make it another hundred years. I seriously wonder.

2 Likes

Nope my main, i dont play on alt acc atm

And were you placed before