Blizzard Hates Mercy, she will never get a buff and Mercy mains need to accept that

I Agree that Mercy needs a buff, and I am a Mercy main.
When people(Mostly Mercy mains) post about Mercy getting a buff, I’m not sure if they are trying to get more player’s to support their cause.
However I’m already pretty sure that a majority of the playerbase who have ever played modern Mercy would agree she needs a buff.

I don’t think the push for a Mercy buff matters because if it’s not obvious to anybody reading this by now, THE DEVS HATE CONVERSATIONS AROUND MERCY BALANCE!
After the OWL complained about her so much the Devs don’t want to have to think about her anymore.

I think if Mercy mains like myself want to see any Mercy buffs we need to push for healer changes rather than Mercy changes specifically.
We should stop wasting our Energy when the Devs will immediately skip any topic with Mercy in the title, or immediately tune out of a conversation when Mercy is mentioned, and put it somewhere where we might actually get change to Mercy(and other healers)

If you think the devs still care, let me know why and if it’s actually a good reason to think they still care then I might regain hope.
Until then I’m convinced the Devs hate the Idea of a Mercy buff.

Clarification Edit: The Devs Hate Mercy Balance.
When I say buff I mean rework because of how dissatisfying
healing in battle can feel in battle.
She could benift from an AoE ability or even a single heal boost ability.
When you’re healing a target and they’re taking a lot of damage there isn’t much you can do. But as Ana you can use your biotic orb for extra healing, Moira can make a healing orb(not that she needs it), baptiste can use immortality field to stop them from dying or regenerative burst, Lució can ‘amp it up’ or Brig can toss a repair pack, the only healer who doesn’t have this type of Ability is Zen, the
'off-est of off healers(Who can help kill the person firing at them to make up for it) and Mercy and it’s so frustrating to be healing as fast as you can and still watch them die. This can happen with all healers but with other healers you can still put up a fight, but with Mercy because you have no other way to heal all you can do is watch. That is so frustrating.
That still happens with the other healers but

16 Likes

The devs don’t hate Mercy. They just know she doesn’t need a buff. The stats support that. Mercy is my favorite hero, too, and I love her current state.

23 Likes

If we’re talking about higher skill players I think we should acknowledge that she is almost outhealed by brig in GM

9 Likes

These are the same people that insisted power creep isn’t a problem using Genji and Soldier pick/win rates as examples. Subsequently got laughed off every public forum. Lets keep that in mind.

Still hopeful though because they had to be very publicly embarrassed to actually do something. Maybe that’s the case here, seeing as most people are laughing about the fact Mercy is banned again over Ana sitting at double the nearest support pick.

7 Likes

Jeff said in an interview for OW2 that Mercy is probably their favourite hero. Shocking, I know. It does make sense when you think about all of the cosmetics they give her.

1 Like

Probably also bc she raised like 16 million $ for charity with her Pink Skin, which Jeff always talks about as his favorite OW moment

17 Likes

they hate mercy, love keeping her in this weak state and to top it off they’ve banned her this week.

Salt in the wound

5 Likes

You’d think they’d value the fact that we’re saying “being forced to be a pocket bot isn’t fun”
/shrugs

2 Likes

There’s no Mercy to complain about if there’s no Mercy :sunglasses:

4 Likes

The stats for healing output don’t matter nearly as much as actual results. There is so much going on when analyzing healing done. It depends on the comps played, each team’s style, just so much. It doesn’t matter how much healing she’s doing if she’s performing well. She’s not the go-to for huge healing output anymore. She’s for consistency now.

5 Likes

They hate Mercy balance, I mean that more than just hate which I should probally clarify in the post.

And yet she often outheals Ana. Almost like healing alone is a really bad metric for supports who have a variety of different ways of supporting their team.

5 Likes

No, the devs don’t hate any hero and Mercy is performing fine, she was the second most picked support this week in the league, and her numbers in general are good.

Most of your healer nerfs are coming DOWN from League stuff. Remember, EVERYTHING below league DOES NOT MATTER.

I agree that league is COOL and would have been even MORE of a hype. But when the game revolves around League and NOT the average player. It becomes a sad reality of how things fold in.

This is the SAME “song and dance” from World of Warcraft Arena. Except we are much more “stream-ready” so it is an even BIGGER deal.

Yes, I know that the game has to pull profits from sponsors since we are enjoying NOT having to pay for DLC, but the happy-medium is NOT there.

Honestly blizzard’s focus on the higher tier players is a big problem when the majority of the playerbase are casual.

1 Like

no. That was for the league and GM for the last two weeks where echo was introduced into live play and ashe got her buffs and other hitscan were banned, making mercy echo and ahse very popular during these hero bans. Thats was inflated her pickate - other than that, in the actual state of overwatch without bans, she actually has one of the lowest pick rates.

9 Likes

This. This is the biggest problem. They’re constantly see-sawing between “we want this to be super competitive” and “we want casuals to enjoy this”

I realized this a long time ago.

Not really in terms of buffs or anything but like… it feels so agonizing to see her skins just progressively get lazier and lazier looking.

I desperately want to love her cosmetics but it’s so, so hard to. Sugar Plum Fairy’s yellow wings are awful and received a huge backlash… Atlantic’s Valkyrie wings are yellow… the bullets are yellow… tbh I’m even mad her blue winged skins don’t have blue Valkyrie wings.

Everyone else had such gorgeous skins with replaced sound effects and model reworks. Why was Mercy the only exception to this?

Part of me just wants to tear her robot wings off for her. I can’t take anymore disrespect. :sneezing_face:

They don’t hate her they just have to focus on more important things. Mercy stats are fine so there are no urgent fixes needed and hundreds of forum posts won’t change that fact.

2 Likes

/shrug Ana had a higher chance to be banned because pick rates are being weighted now for hero bans. It just didn’t work out that way. I wish Ana would have been banned, though, so people could see she’s not necessary to function. I guess those same people would’ve just leaned on Moira, though.