Blizzard, don't cave in to whiny healbots

Listen, I’m gonna be honest, like I said you have a right to be concerned but you sound like you’re taking it personally and blowing it up. I get it, it was a poor choice, but it’s not indefinitely staying that way. Relax.

I think you’re misreading my tone, because that’s not what I’m feeling at all. I am greatly disappointment as someone who’s played this game for 5 years as a support player and appalled that an AAA company like blizzard thought this was something players would be okay with. I’m also a UI/UX designer which is why I’m heavily passionate over it, probably what you mistook as “taking it personal”

Zen is generally only viable when another support capable of peeling for him is viable. You never see him played with Ana because the two are vulnerable. First it was Lucio, then it was Mercy, then it was Brig+Lucio, then it was Bap or Brig. You never see him being played with Moira or Ana though because they’re not good at peeling for a Zen.

For the last time, supports are not asking to be able to make their teammates immortal and in fact aren’t even asking for the ability to heal more in any capacity; they are asking for utility and actual content to enjoy, and a move away from healbot hero design while being given the tools to be able to defend themselves rather than rely on teammates to peel for them, since there isn’t anyone to do that for them in 5v5.

Stop strawmanning, it’s not helpful and makes you sound like a petulant child.

5 Likes

I don’t think Support are asking to be heal bots lol. Support other than Luico or Moira look okay watching OW2 beta streams. The rest seemed to be meh

If this were the case then the queue times would have begun levelling out after the first few days as people went back to their preferred role in order to learn how to deal with the new landscape. Issue is, support heroes generally aren’t designed to fare in this landscape or have fun because their primary design has been to pump out more heals as time has gone on while supports have begged for less of that and more utility/potential for playmaking.

1 Like

I’m a support main and I strongly believe that time is needed to adjust to the different flow. Utilize cover more, be evasive, stick with your team, and ask yourself whenever you die what you could’ve done differently.

Instead, IMO too many are trying to play the exact same way as before, and of course it’s going to be different.

Tanks were actually quite impactful and removing one of them from each team is a bigger difference than some might have thought. Having multiple tanks allowed you to make more mistakes and play more passively. I think it is a good thing that the game is leaning more into the FPS direction (while still maintaining a decent amount of teamwork so it isn’t yet another one of those ultra-high mechanical skill shooters of which there are many).

This isn’t OW1. Take time to adjust.

That said, I think the point can be made without resorting to somewhat childish behavior about how others prefer to play.

Quit being so whiny!

1 Like

I viewed it that way because of the emotionally charged appearing writing style

So what would you like supports to do if they don’t “healbot”? use their utility to help in the teamfight? that’s what they already do, if they haven’t used it to survive getting dived by both dps.

I’m sure supports would be drawn back to the game when they have 1/8 heroes functionally playable and 7/8 which are generally unenjoyable.

1 Like

Have some kind of potential to aid in attacking. In every mmo I’ve played, supports have been equally able to dish out damage. That’s what makes things even and balanced, that’s what draws a predominance of players in.

Healbotting isn’t wrong either, it’s just not optimal, which in competitive based games if you’re not bringing everything to the table you’re being subpar.

Sharing your opinion by trying to completely invalidate the opinions of others isn’t really useful, helpful, or necessary. It’s fine that you like things in the beta, but that doesn’t change the fact that there are others who don’t. Calling them, “whiny healbots” (or maybe I should say us, because I too play support.) and setting up a strawman doesn’t really work in your favor.

In fact, I’d argue that ruining the game for people that like to play 2/5 of a team kind of ruins the game for everyone, no? Unless you enjoy playing skirmish and deathmatch while you wait for an increasingly long amount of time. We should be looking at this as an opportunity to address concerns of both sides and compromise rather than saying, Blizzard make the game to suit my opinion or else.

6 Likes

What’s up with this “healbot” insult all over the place? You’re trying to condescend to folks that enjoy the game in a different way than you? To what end? Are you really that insecure? Nobody’s calling DPS clickbots or tanks soakbots or whatever. It’s rude and bad discourse.

10 Likes

Yeah, it could be seen that way. OP should have had expressed himself better.

But a real problem is that a second character dedicated to heal like Mercy does, would be a huge issue.

Do you remember OG OW? Or have you played limitless and tried to kill a Mercy, when she has another Mercy healing her?
Or have you tried to fight against a Genji being healed and dmg boosted at the same time? Or a Reaper?
Or a Tracer…

There are real problems when talking about more than one pure healer like Mercy on this game.
As much as I would like another pure healer, I don’t believe that it would be healthy for the game.

The biggest thing to consider about this though is that the team would likely lack utility in a lot of ways if there were two characters who center around healing so specifically. Anti-healing would also be incredibly strong for two characters who have the primary function of there kit being healing alone. It would be unlikely that teams would pick Mercy and another character that performs the role very similarly.

to ppl who QQ about supports wanting buffed/changed:

Play the role yourself as w/o supports WANTING to play the role your role queue (which wont go away) timers will keep getting logner :slight_smile:

also “git good” ?

As a support main how is me getting good stopping my dps from being 1 shot by hanzo & widow?

How does getting good on zen help when he is dived by an ape or a sombra?

If you wanna play a game w/o healing where its mainly just killing CoD, Halo, Valorant, Battlefield, & even TF2 exists.

There are more options for those type of games than types of game for support players.

Wish every person who QQ’s agaisnt wanting supports to get changes (as fun fact they dont all fit into the new gameplay flow) got a tag in game so we just dont heal them since they dont want healing in the game.

6 Likes

You know the entire reason behind the 5vs5 switch is to fix that problem right?
I guess we should just keep cutting roles down until we have a ffa cod lobby.

See the mistake a lot of people are making is I’m not referring to all support players. Just the ones that live for the “sit and heal being practically immortal with 2 tanks”. Hence healbots to separate them from other support players.

the problem is that a lot of the support players complaining didn’t do that in Overwatch 1, and are complaining because support just feels bad in Overwatch 2 to a lot of them

4 Likes