Blizzard actually listened

yeah , i meant faith …

And you’re not wrong - but seeing a posts constantly about how the devs are not doing anything and they gave up really pisses me off.

They are trying to satisfy everyone but it doesn’t come easily.

I mean - they always working on new heroes ,maps, balance ,events…

So at least I know they are doing something every day…

Man , I miss the Dev Updates. Wish we had one every 2 weeks as to know what are the devs working on.

Just because the devs don’t talk doesn’t mean they don’t listen.

They always take player opinions into account, and there are plenty of times where they put it into play.

People just need to realize that when these forums have 20 different opinions, Blizzard can’t please everyone.

That’s pretty much what the point of this thread is.

Quit gettin’ mad at video games.

1 Like

Quit being a troll MattTrakker :smile:

Ok fine but Junkrat players haven’t exactly been feeling the love.

Here’s hoping. I know I’m psyched for their stuff at Gamescom.

You aren’t the only one who’s noticed they listen, my friend. ^-^

As a former Roadhog main, i don’t have any blink of faith for the devs team. :slight_smile:
As a former Mercy player, neither.

1 Like

If they really were, the smart thing to do would be to say hey, we can’t announce anything specific yet, but bigger changes for Mercy are coming down the line to address community concerns about the hero.

With that kind of announcement, suddenly all of the negativity in these forums by Mercy mains would turn into positive hype. It could lead to a let-down when changes are finally released and don’t measure up to expectation, or impatience if they take too long, but at least it would do something to help Mercy players not be so miserable right now and likely change the general forum attitude for some time.

3 Likes

I am also convinced that they are going to announce something huge soon! Hopefully!

1 Like

They will announce more hideous skins for 10 bucks each. Can’t wait.

5 Likes

This post. Mwah. :kissing_heart: Beautiful.

My only amendment is make it “Some Mercy’s” because it’s not all of them and I feel they get unfairly treated because they are group with those that whine.

1 Like

Zen mains asked for ui to tell them who has discord/harmony orb. Blizzard delivered, but only put the players name. Zen asked for the hero and player name. Blizzard delivered.

Brig is released with 5 second bash and 60 degree cone. So many people said its over powered. Blizzard nerfs CD to 6 seconds and 40 degree cone (i.e. harder to hit with narrow cone). More people said bash still needs nerf, so Blizzard adds another 1 second to cooldown.

So many non-Mercy support mains said Mercy is dominating the healer spot. Blizzard nerfs her by 10 heals/second.

Everyone said Ana is still too weak, so they majorly buff her ultimate.

No one really complained about Zen, so Blizzard did nothing to him.

Many Junk mains wanted some buffs to their beloved demolitionist. Blizzard gives him a second mine charge and buffs rip tire. Other people think his buff was too much, in particular a Youtuber (forgot which one, maybe stylosa, or BTC), so Blizzard nerfs the radius to his mines.

Blizzard does listen. Sure sometimes they don’t make the changes we expect, but sometimes they do. Sure they don’t always make the changes immediately, but later is better than never.

I don’t like every change Blizzard makes, and I wish they worked on fixing bugs faster, but I would never accuse them of not listening.

Maybe you’re looking at the times Blizzard didn’t listen, but I think your confirmation bias is skewing your views agaisnt Blizzard.

3 Likes

“Like”-d for positive post.

To be honest though and maybe it is because i come from another generation of gamers, i have always believed that people should just let others do their job.

If you don’t like something, offer some feedback and just move on.
To harass and whine is simply disrespectful and childish.

But then again, like i said, i come from an older generation so maybe my thinking is obsolete.

2 Likes

I agree, we can cut them some slack.

(but not when it comes to lore and the lack thereof) lol

fingers crossed that all this waiting is for something huge.

1 Like

Well lore is another ‘story’.

I agree, the storylines and plots are rather thin. I want more backstories on all heroes. But I don’t want it at the expense of shallow characters; plot holes; cheap macguffins.

When it comes to lore, I am very critical of Blizzard writers.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

― John Lydgate (famously quoted by Abraham Lincoln)

agreed, it needs to be good, and I didn’t say I want it faster.

but this year long wait for an animated short?

that’s a little uncalled for lol

heres to hope

1 Like

Remember when they didn’t read the feedback about Doomfist and he was ignored for three months?

Which they then removed, because they didn’t read the feedback that said Rez on a cooldown was a bad idea.

After the long silences, the Sombra situation, the failures of Mercy Sym and Doomfist, and the fact that they don’t read feedback, I don’t have that faith. They’ve used up my stock of benefit of the doubt. All I have left is doubt that they care about the forums anymore.

2 Likes

Bunny hop? Damn I wish that was still around, they removed it.

Lucio used to be good - until they reworked movement making bunny hop useful for… half a second? Yeah - think of another excuse.

1 Like