Blizz are you ok?

Right…but not 20% more. Your original numbers say she’d heal 20% more, which is untrue. Even with more regen, she’d still heal at the same rate. It would increase as a result of more resource available, but only very marginally, as the regen of her healing when she’s not attacking is very low.

I honestly do hope she gets put into the gutter. Then they can finally see they royaly messed up.

2 Likes

I think Mercy is still going to be highly used at low ranks, and competitive at high ranks.

Yes she will be able to regen 20% faster. So where is this 20% of potential heals going? Obviously to the overall healing output. She. Will. Be. Able. To. Heal. More.

Again…only her regen when she’s not attacking an enemy is increasing. She won’t be able to heal 20% more.

I highly doubt that. Resurrect has its perks Mercy will go back to being a pocket healer/DMB/Rez bot for a single person. But if she isn’t needed for that then she won’t be played.

Also no point in picking her when all hitscans got buffs to make flight even more dangerous to use without the risk of dying.

I feel like Moira is easier than Mercy tbh

4 Likes

This is because Ana is too hard to play consistently.

Yes. She. Will.

THAT IS STILL HEALING YOU NEED TO TAKE INTO ACCOUNT.

20% MORE!

If there is no enemy in sight to charge healing she will automatically charge it faster meaning she can force fights more often because her tanks will be healed up even quicker. In return. Her healing potential will be higher.

1 Like

I wonder if the duality of responces I see about Mercy is how powerful people perceive Rez+Valk+DamageBoost

And all that easy survival stuff.

And I did take it into account…

Though it’s probably closer to 2% more healing if I had to haphazard a guess.

You keep insisting that she will be able to heal 20% more, when most of her resource comes from actively attacking enemies. You are conflating 20% passive regen with 20% active regen and are using that to say she will heal 20% more. You are using incorrect mathematics to say she will be 20% more effective when she will not.

2 Likes

People are still going to be happy to have a Mercy on their team. Her role within a team comp is largely unaltered. If she falls far out of favor it will likely be due to ranged pick comps becoming less viable as the rest of the meta starts to open up.

1 Like

I think low ranks won’t see much difference. Easy aim heals, with easy survival, guarantees that.

Higher ranks as going to change a lot though.

1 Like

heal regen when not using the succ beam does not directly equate to the same amount of healing being pumped out with her piss hose

you don’t understand anything about moira with the way you keep shouting “20%!!! IT’S MORE”

yes, it’s more. but not nearly as much as you think, maybe about 2-5% more healing output over the course of the match. it only matters in situations where you run out in the middle of an extended brawl, or cannot get in range to replenish enough between fights to sustain the next fight.

the change affects her situationally, not universally. heal meter does not passively charge while being used.

3 Likes

How is where she’s at currently a good spot? She basically renders Ana and Moira completely useless, making her the only main healer in the game. Why pick either of those two? You have to work way harder for significantly less value. When any one hero is being picked almost every single game regardless of composition, and picking anything else for their job is just hamstringing yourself, it is a problem. And if you don’t think that’s where Mercy is currently at, you’re deluding yourself.

Mercy will always have a place due to her consistency and Resurrect. Losing some healing per second so she doesn’t outclass every single other healer in the game with minimal effort isn’t going to change that.

This so much.

WHY should mercy ever be the strongest healer when she has res and a damage boost too. And i say that as a 100 hour ex-Mercy main

3 Likes

Thanks for understanding what I was saying

1 Like

Surely she’ll still enjoy as respectful of a pick/win rate at higher ranks as other healers when the changes come through. As long as there is incentive to play long range poke heroes (Pharah, Junk, Widow) Mercy will have a place in enabling them and buffering their mistakes. The meta is becoming more fluid with every patch, and all players with smaller hero pools are going to sink or learn to swim :wink:

I keep seeing people in this thread trying to argue that Mercy shouldn’t be effective because she’s easy to play. She’s not as easy as you claim. If she were, all of you that think she’s so easy could just pick her and get to top500 for free. Unfortunately for you, Mercy’s difficulty scales up with increasing SR more than any other hero. Mercy is super easy in gold, but she’s incredibly difficult in Masters+ games.

At high rank, she is severely limited by her fixed 60 hp/sec healing while DPS mains get better at aiming and by extension get better at killing Mercy’s healed targets. That means that at high rank, Mercy can’t lean on her healing beam’s power anymore, and the PTR change only makes that problem even worse. She has to make up for her inability to heal quickly (relative to Ana and Moira) with her ability to always be in the right place at the right time. Unlike Ana and Moira, Mercy can’t come into a fight late and turn it around by throwing a grenade or a heal orb. She has to be there when her allies are still at full health or her weak healing won’t allow her to save them. There is no forgiveness for triage mistakes or slow decision making in high-tier play.

In addition to the problems with the hard cap on her healing output, high SR opponents WILL kill her instantly if she presents a target. Even using Guardian Angel to move across a hallway at the wrong time can get your Mercy domed by red Widow, because they are good enough in Masters+ games to hit that headshot while she’s in-flight. Besides the snipers, Mercy also has to deal with constant harassment from heroes like D.va or Tracer preventing her self-healing from even coming into play. Just one failure to time Mercy’s guardian angel properly against Tracer’s reload timer is virtually guaranteed death for Mercy.

Yes, Mercy is not the only healer who can be shot at… but she is unique among the healers in that she provides little to no threat of her own. Because of that, she’s an especially juicy target for literally everyone on the enemy team… even the supports! As those enemies’ skill improves with SR, Mercy players have to perfect their movement in ways that other healers don’t have to worry about, because of her limited range, the necessity of her unwavering presence brought on by her low healing output, and because she’s the only healer who absolutely depends on her mobility to stay alive.

Mercy is a really well-designed hero, when it comes to her base kit. She’s super easy to pick up and play for your average player, but she’s also incredibly difficult to master. Even her pistol comes into play now and then, and it’s one of the hardest weapons to actually use because of its slow projectile speed. The only shortcoming the hero design has is how consistent her performance is in the hands of a player who’s very good at all of the skills I just mentioned.

It is Mercy’s consistency that is the problem, not her ease of use. Mass resurrect introduced a huge variable in the value she brought to a team, and that kept her in check before the Valkyrie rework because her output wasn’t 100% reliable. Mass resurrect always had an element of risk involved that scaled with the potential reward. With the kit she has now, the only thing that can really stop a good Mercy from doing her job correctly is death.

8 Likes

10% is not gutting.

And even with 50 HPS you still have to remember:

1. Mercy has the highest mobility and escape mobility out of any healer
  2. Mercy is the only hero who can pump out consistent heals indefinitely
  3. Mercy is the only hero who can consistently heal through barriers and shields
  4. Mercy still has the strongest utility in the game

Lucio? Absolutely needed that buff. His ultimate couldn’t negate anything like it used to because of how many damage buffs this game has gone through.

Ana?..are you ACTUALLY complaining that Ana is becoming more effective? After how trash she’s been for so long?

Moira?..her regren rate being increased by 20% is still substantially slow considering how fast you use it up. Lol.

Removing the whole “low skill shouldn’t have high reward” fallacy from any of this, it still stands. Mercy isn’t going to be bad because of these changes. It’s a MINOR change. Even with the other heroes, Mercy still has resurrect, Mercy still has REALLY consistent heals, and she can still consistently main-heal.

1 Like