šŸ¦ The Last BASTION of Hope (A Community Made Bastion Ultrathread) OVER 300 LIKES!11!

Youā€™re welcome! haha We all gotta work together! I am starting to believe the devs might not have seen these posts, we just gotta keep at it! They finally fixed his tank shot bug too, so weā€™re a step in the right direction!

3 Likes

One day on one post we will see some sort of update for Bastion. Just got to hold on to hope.

And play the event in the mean time :slight_smile:

3 Likes

i love bastion they should just revert the sentry changes. Let him crit in sentry and he will be good

4 Likes

this guy gets it. :smirk:

3 Likes

Bastion really seems like he needs some help. Heā€™s a pretty weak hero other than in a few extremely niche situations such as on Junkertown. Blizzard donā€™t seem to be acknowledging many threads like these on the forums or really anywhere at all, thereā€™s the occasional comment, but there isnā€™t much developer response. All we can hope for is that Blizzard are reading, but not responding at least.

I think a problem that might arise with a Bastion rework/buff/etc is that there will probably be a lot of outcry saying that Bastion is now too strong. I donā€™t think this is a valid reason to not help him, however, but for heroes like Bastion, buffs can lead to some very vocal people getting upset, and it might lead to a Bastion nerf or similar, which is far from what anyone in their right mind wants.

Either way, Bastion needs help. Doubt Blizzard will take notice though.

3 Likes

This is the reason why i Personally Think that Bastion Might be the ā€œSomeone Elseā€ That Jeff mentioned, in This Post:

Not giving a name, As to keep the Knee Jerk reactions Downā€¦ Perhaps to later Buff Bastion while giving a lengthy reason? :thinking:

-ChibiFox :fox_face:
All we can do is Talk, And Hope at this point.-

2 Likes

It could be. Thereā€™s a few heroes that I hope Jeff is talking about, namely heroes like Bastion and Reinhardt.

The community has severe knee-jerk reactions to pretty much any buff or nerf, especially to niche or lower-pickrate heroes or those who currently have a bit of a ā€œtroll-pickā€ reputation, like Torbjƶrn or Symmetra. (Not that they are troll picks, but they definitely have a negative reception from a fair few players).

Hopefully heroes like Reinhardt and Bastion get some help soon.

3 Likes

As far as i can tell, They have given at least some kind Of reply about Most Of the Heroes, Especially the ā€œF-Tier Listā€, Yet Bastion seems to be the only one they are Dodging Questions aboutā€¦

Thanks for checking this thread out, And remember to always keep it Positive!

^,~

2 Likes

The thing is, the amount of people complaining about Genji, Tracer, Widow being annoying or op etc on the forums, but they havenā€™t really gotten any changes. Same with Moira and Brigitte. People just have to learn to have him in games if he gets some buff or change. As long as a buff to him isnā€™t too intense, then there shouldnā€™t be a problem.

3 Likes

Yeah. This exactly. I donā€™t agree with such opinions, but we all know for a fact that this community can get very vocal (to say the least) about such balance changes. I do think people should learn to adapt more instead of complaining.

3 Likes

My only fear is that Good Bastion players will be like, Reported in mass, out of
Pure Rageā€¦ (More so than they already are nowā€¦)

I get a LOT Of Salty Reports/Messages on Console, Due to someone running directly at me, Because they thought i was an Easy killā€¦ :joy_cat:

I would hate to see people get punished for making better use out of their Mains like thatā€¦ Already Kinda happened to both Symmetra And sombra playersā€¦

Now that i think about it, Most of those Reports come from Junkrat mains specificallyā€¦ :thinking: I donā€™t have anything against junk mains, But they really should know better than to run head first at a Bastionā€¦ Is this how they think the game plays nowadays?

2 Likes

Oh yeah when I played bastion 3 days ago in low gravity for fun, I kept killing this McCree who flew at me with the low gravity and I killed him every time. Later added me to tell me that I was ā€œa sh*tty mercy main with no skillā€ just because I played mercy season 7. (Which is last time I played comp, I donā€™t like comp)

People are just easily mad but thatā€™s what we have to deal with. If bastion buffs come out and a good player is annoying people, then thatā€™s the peoples problem. Again with my last statement, Genji, Tracer, Etc, can have extremely good players and the enemy will get mad about that if thatā€™s how they are.

1 Like

I made a rework for Bastion as well. Without seeing this post, or the one referenced here, I made similar thing like camp 3 and 4 mixed together. You can read about the changes on page 31.
Read about them below:
h ttps://docs.google.com/document/d/1kLBU0SaqpILEBRnGoXiyFsjb7k4CKt-VPR8XZvvIhRY/edit?usp=sharing (Added a space in link.)

1 Like

I think bastion as a character is balanced. But the team itself needs to play a certain way for it not to be risky

Whenever I get a bastion main I always switch to ana and try my best to pocket while my teammates do orisa and try to play around bastion

I will say though it is a little unfair that junkrat takes 0 damage from mines and grenades but bastion cannot rocket jump during ult without having to heal, seems a bit biased

1 Like

Over 200 hundred likes! This is pretty cool. If we get enough notice we may get one orange post. Keep it up!

2 Likes

People are too used to not seeing a Bastion, or when they do easily dealing with him, that as soon as the Tracer dies consistently to a Bastion more often the Tracer will complain because suddenly her easy pray is killing her.

4 Likes

Iā€™m going to try some sort of crazy ritual for summoning Lord Jeff to the thread

2 Likes

Some one @ dinoflask. Maybe it will take memes to reach him. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey Iā€™m trust level 3 now!

2 Likes

How do you check that??