Big surprise hanzo still busted

I’ve said many times before and I’ll say it again, the hit box of his arrow is no bigger than Genji’s shuriken, and every time I know of that they reduced the hit box size, they increased the speed by as much if not more, and he felt more consistent to me every time. Now add in any connection issues between players and the server and you have a projectile that feels bigger than it actually is on the receiving end.

But by all means, reduce the hit box to be as small as the tip of the arrow, how much faster will it be going? He’ll basically be hit scan up to probably 20 meters, then you’ll complain about how easy he is to intentionally get kills with now that the chances of missing are almost entirely on the user because they no longer need to lead shots and hope you cross the flight path.

I would have a field day with this Hanzo. Like Plat to GM in a day if I ever cared beyond placement matches. Keep complaining instead of adapting, history dictates this can only benefit Hanzo mains in every way.

1 Like

Arrows are spammable. Abilities are not.

1 Like

how to nerf hanzo
Use YOUR BRAIN!
easy way to outplay a hanzo is to press A and D

why would u need to do this tho?

And to do long strafes not the short ones used against hitscan

so you keep dying to him and he gets “lucky” every time? uhhhh…

Smallest DIAMETER projectile. What happens when we include the length of it?

1 Like

i honestly find it absolutely absurd that the community finds so much issues with heroes that are not issues in the first place and vice versa with heroes that actually are an issue.
i remember people defending hog meta but fighting tooth and nail to nerf genji even more than they already have.
i dont know if this is exclusive to the forums but man, this category of players are genuinely ruining the game, hanzo did not deserve the nerfs he got and if anything they need to gut widow even more.

3 Likes

Yeah they need to just get it over with and nerf him properly.

Also give him a personality trait other than, “woe is me”. I’m so sick of hearing his mopey voicelines.

2 Likes

lately of all the enemies i have been facing i HATE hanzo the most. its wierd how that works because at ow2 launch overwatch it was soldier 76 before he got his bullets nerfed. i still hate soldier 76 if uncontested in low elos but i really hate hanzo more now lol

STILL

i think hanzo is fine or i bet he really is a HARD hero to balance since the one-shot. you take that one-shot away from hanzo then you really have to give him something else. lately he gets representation in top 500 but he is still like 4th or 6th best hero. sometimes hes even only mid in top 500… i wonder tho… with them looking at one-shots will they rework widow and hanzo someday.

i mean i woudlnt mind if they scrap one-shot altogether just so i dont have to face hanzo again heh. even tho my baby widowmaker will be something entirely different

or maybe he is just fine and personally as a player i dont deal with him correctly. i always take risks with him and dive him since no one else wants too… a low elo thing i guess

1 Like

no to the nerfs lol, but I would like to see him finally be happy. only time I see him smile is in the victory poses lol

1 Like

Nah, being an emo is a burden he must shoulder alone.

2 Likes

which part?

all of it. ion see why this is needed

i personally don’t have a problem with hanzo that much, but if people REALLY wanted him nerfed further than those 2 changes could suffice on how to nerf him. i’ll explain why;

arrow size reduced: it is infact the smallest projectile in the game, geoff goodman confirmed it, however it’s the hero model hitboxes that make it seem abnormally large. we know the devs wouldn’t globally reduce hero hitboxes, so the best next thing is to just reduce the arrows hitbox so those lucky shots you get don’t come from luck and instead come from actual skill. 0.085 might be a nice spot, while 0.075m could be too small.

reduce arrow damage to 100: basically just make headshotting 250 hp heroes genuinely not possible, as they would be left with 50 health and not 10. while headshotting 200 health heroes would still be a thing, but i actually find body shots more annoying than headshots honestly. so i’d rather go with one of these options if they ever consider nerfing him again.

Counter picking by existing with hp rather than outplaying someone. Everyone knows how fun that is.

I’d say just replace his storm arrows with a skill that compliments primary but doesn’t spray arrows. Leave his headshot alone. Often times against flankers primary is more useful than storm, due to the activation time and crap damage. Make a new skill that draws primary faster, but when its on cooldown its on cooldown.
That way Hanzo can actually determine the travel speed of his arrows rather than it being set in stone.

1 Like

if ur fighting a hanzo who is consistent then it’s not luck it’s skill if ur fighting a hanzo who is spamming you shouldn’t have a problem with him because u know where he’s at a lot of the time and hanzo gets 0 value just spamming

1 Like

yeah i understand that. i personally just don’t like how he has both good long, mid range, good close range, good mobility (especially after it was buffed), and a good amount of health. i do feel like his dragons should be changed tho bc it’s honestly way too easy to just step out from it

He makes it everyone’s problem though :sob:

Like he talks and it’s all mopey

1 Like

His dragon is an area denial often behind them, which gives you open free shots on them as they strafe stuck in the open. I think there was something in experimental where they were toying with his ult summoning faster if the arrow hits a wall. I’m not sure. His health is the way it is because he is a skirmisher, not a pixel peeking widow who spends most of her time jumping from cover with instant reward.
He often takes a good amt of damage, but with dash I get your concern.
With Widow being nerfed Hanzo is able to freely dominate more and people are blaming him for that now asking for more nerfs… smh.