Big surprise hanzo still busted

yeah but sonar got big nerf :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Currently i think is fine but if they increase that duration it will become useless.

Hanzo’s arrows need an arc and need to have slower projectile speed.
This is objective.
Don’t @ me.

There is a good arc for something that needs to crit

And speed is slower that people can dodge at distance if they have awareness.

1 Like

just nerf his arrow hitbox from 0.1m to 0.085 or 0.075m. even if its the smallest projectile in the game, the arrow hit system he has is incredibly off the rails. instead of globally buffing hero models, just nerf the problem instead. or go the easy way and nerf his damage to 100!

1 Like

Perhaps it’s the projectile’s travel speed that’s to blame for how unfair it feels to play against hanzo sometimes? It can be a little bit silly for it to headshot you from so far away with no way to dodge it at times. And at close range rarely does hanzo need to predict the movement of the enemy to land a shot, it travels fast enough that it’s almost as a good as hitscan.

1 Like

The speed buff definitely made him easier to play but I still strongly believe the root problems is how his arrows trigger headshots. It seems like any part of the arrow can hit around your head and it triggers a headshot. For example if the tip of the arrow hits someone’s waist it will trigger a headshot if the back end of the arrow comes too close to the head hitbox, and this is exactly what was shown in the recent viral OWL video where the announcers were like “wtf total hanzo moment”.

1 Like

This is mostly with heroes like junkrat or torb.
Also cause for some reason arrow hot box which is a small sphere is placed at the arrow feather end instead of tip, so a arcing arrow tip may find your heart :heart: but as you look down to see it your bighead hitbox goes and.hits against the end of the arrow were sphere is and you get headshoted

That said this is rare , if your regularly owned by hanzo you need to git gud

1 Like

Hanzo doesnt need a nerf. Nither sniper did.

OHKs have been in this game for 7 years.

Learn to use cover and corners and overall positioning to avoid it.

Im a support main and LOVE IT if enemy team has sniper. Cuz its means at least 1 of their dps heroes isnt gonna kill me.

These really are VERY easy concepts to learn and incorporate into your game.

People need to stop blaming snipers and OHKs for their own lack of awerness and game sense. Or blaming healers for not preventing it— we cant heal bad game sense.

And def stop asking them to change the game to account for their bad play.

JUST STOP STANDING IN THE OPEN! Is really that simple.

Use sheilds… use corners… use cars or walls… COVER IS LITERALLY EVERYWHERE.

Yet meatheads keep standing in the open- spray and praying-- gettin eatin by snipers.

In real life-- god forbid- if you were out in the world and a sniper decides they wanna go nuts and start picking people off— are you gonna stand there in the open and yell at them that “YOU SHOULDNT BE ABLE TO THIS!!” Or you gonna duck or run and find cover???

The same applies in a video game. FIND COVER. Is easy af.

Then peak and shoot---- same tactic theyre using btw-- notice how well it working? SO DO IT! or if you wanna be aggressive switch to a hero that can dive them.

It cant be understated how easy these things are to learn and do… for real.

Just stop.

1 Like

Hero hitboxes are the same for projectile and hitscan. You only notice how jank they are and how some headshots are clearly not headshots (LOL SYM HEAD) on projectiles because they are not instant as a Widow headshot.

But ultimately Hanzo and Widow go exactly by the same hit registration and you only notice one of them being jank.

Hanzo “Totally On Purpose” Shimada.

He is currently my least favorite hero to play against. You just have to hope he misses and play assuming that he will. When he doesn’t, it feels like there’s nothing you can do about it. Playing out of his line of sight is rarely a real option. He one-shots from any range, projectile is too fast to react to but slow enough that it hits people coming around the corner by accident.

I won’t even dive him anymore on flankers. It’s so easy for him to headshot at close range since he doesn’t lose any visibility while aiming.

I’m GM1 on every role, for reference. I know where to stand.

2 Likes

Doesn’t change the fact he’s a problem

1 Like

We all hate getting one shot but that’s the point of the hero. I think it’s ridiculous that he’s been able to one shot 250 Hp heroes for this long but now that it’s finally addressed he’s pretty much fine. His sonic arrow still barely gives any indicator to the enemies but that’s about it

LOL this is such a cringe comment. You sound like a gold player that watched some GM guides on youtube and now you pretend like you know what you’re talking about.

Fixed that for you. Cover is used to recover your health or other resources like Rein shield. It’s useless against one shots, since you know, you can’t shoot them from behind a wall and once you peak they one shot you. Funny that you went on a rant about using cover completely unaware that snipers actually benefit from people peaking corners lmao.

2 Likes

Lol. Rofl. And lmao.

I sound like a gold player ( im not) thats listing to what GMs say???

Ok fine-- lets live in your made up world for a min and pretend thats true.

If thats true-- dont listen to me. Fine. No Fs given.

But whats your argument for not listening to the GMs who say the same thing? Theyre not gold. Theyre GM. And BY YOUR OWN ADMISSION-- theyre saying the same thing.

But im wrong when i say it? Lol.

Maybe you should try listening to yourself sometime as well… Cuz the logic of what you jus said is ridiculous and you sound like a narcissist squirming to be right.

Your own words and logic clearly demonstrates you arent.

Stop blaming the game. Just learn to play it.

:clown_face:

:crazy_face:
Slow enough that you can walk into it but fast enough that you can’t strafe it or pay attention to his rate of primary fire. Or listen to the sound of his bow releasing while you’re in cover so you know when it’s safe to peek him/push him as a flanker.
How can someone who is GM1 say hanzo gets “kills on purpose” in sarcastic quotes?
:clown_face:

They are not saying the same thing. You just misinterpreted the point of using cover.

You’re projecting =). My logic is fact. Snipers benefit from people peaking corners, they have the advantage in every single situation from someone using cover and attempting to kill them, ESPECIALLY hanzo since he can see through walls. If you can’t understand that I’m sorry. It’s simple factual logic.

1 Like

If i remember correctly, prob from a thread 6 years old, hanzos arrows arent wide, but they have a bit of a length, so the back end of the arrow can graze ur head as u walk towards it and it looks kinda jank

1 Like

In what way? Because he can one-shot? Multiple Tanks have been doing this for years.

What about Junkrat’s “one-shot” when he traps you and detonates a mine on you and kills you in this way.

What about Roadhog’s former hook combo? Was that a problem?

What about Reinhardt Charging and killing you?

D.va’s Self-Destruct and Call Mech?

What about when Tracer sticks a Pulse Bomb on you?

Or a damage-boosted Genji headshots you?

What about when Zenyatta’s alternative fire one shots you?

What, specifically, makes Hanzo more problematic than all of the above?

They don’t have any length at all. They’re the same size as a Genji shuriken. The whole of the arrow is just visual, it has not whether or not you’re hit by the tip or the back of the arrow.

The only thing that has any length is Reinhardt’s hammer, Brigitte’s flail, or Junker Queen’s axe.

Yet again u contradict your own words.
You already said GMs say the same thing.

But when i clearly find the fault in your logic— another mental backflip makin it a misinterpretation???

jeez i was kiddin about the narcissist thing… but ya got me for real thinkin it now.

I dont think i did misinterpret it… CUZ IM NOT DYING BY WAY OF OHKs.

You cleary are tho cuz ur in here complaining about it.

Also- how does someone (other than you) misinterpret cover? If someone is shooting at you- cover is good. Move from cover to cover… its not a new concept… in games or in real life.

You have absolutly no defense for your position. ***Puns and double entendre intended :wink:

Dont stand in the open when theres a sniper and wonder why you got shot. Its not rocket science. If you think covers sole purpose or only usefulness is to recover resources youre clearly the one whos misinterpreted. Ridiculously so.

And again- im a support main- so im both squishy and a high value target.

Ive been playing this game literally since day 1 in 2016. — And I kill snipers pretty regular using the TWO strats i mentioned… i noticed you completely ignored one of them tho— cuz it didnt fit your narrative.

There are other options and strats too-- but i wont bother with them cuz theyre clearly above your grasp if you cant even figure out basic things like how to properly use cover.

And If they were truly so OP— sniper pick rates would be WAYYYY higher up top. But they arent. They are pretty situational heroes… because by and large they are easily dodged or countered when people know what theyre doing.

So lets leave it at this— you go right ahead and keep contradicting yourself… and the GMs.

Do as many mental backflips as ya need to feel good about yourself.

Keep shifting arguments and cherry picking facts.

Keep finding excuses to feel right.

ANDDD I— Will happily keep not getting killed by snipers.

You Have fun with your excuses and complaints. And Ill have fun winning more games.

And given i do actually think you may be a lil narcissistic— im done with this convo cuz arguing in circles doing the same thing over and over isnt gonna convince you of a dang thing— And unlike you- when what im doing isnt working- i actually change what im doing.

Gl with it all tho. Ya clearly need it with that lack of game sense.

2 Likes