Best way to fix Mercy

I think you’re confused. The use of the word fix to denote neutering/spaying is usually reserved for animals, not Overwatch heroes.

3 Likes

Before the rework, I was 100% sure they’d just add in a LoS req.

But no invuln and a cast time? That makes it just as bad, if not worse, than before they added the invuln. The whole point in them adding the invuln was because she’d go in to get the rez and 99% of the time it’d result in her death. Giving her a full health upon finishing casting isn’t going to change anything.

Those don’t make her balanced or fun in any way.

Don’t really like the cast time but hey this is still wayyyy better than what we currently have.

My hero is only optimal in 30% of comps :rage: make her a must pick in 100% of comps or she isn’t balanced :rage: here is my suggestion on how to make my character overpowered again :innocent:

You know, tracer isn’t played every game in high level and she is the face of the game. So I think they should give her another three charges of blink and double her damage. It’s the only way to balance the hero. A lot of people play the game because tracer is in it. She makes it accessible to people who like the time travel fantasy. She needs to be a must pick. :grinning:

1 Like

That’s not a great idea.

Luckily, that isn’t what’s being discussed in this post. The OP gave a version of Mercy that’s really close to one that was already in the game and was considered pretty weak. They nerfed her ult in exchange for a survivability cooldown. There are reasons to disagree with this proposal, but a justified fear that it would dominate the game is not one of them.

2 Likes

I’m actually pretty good at Tracer, I’d love these changes thanks!

I don’t think Mercy and Lucio can coexist in the meta. Lucio has too much mid fight and he affects the game in the exact opposite way as Mercy. Mercy slows the game down and needs the game to be slower to get her value. While Lucio’s best ability makes the game faster.

No mass rez. DEBBIE NEXT!!!

:rofl: Spicy and glorious. Take a like.

1 Like

That’s not removing her from the game.

How about we don’t bring mass resurrect back. kthx

Better idea: Bring back Mercy by bringing back Mass rea. kthx

1 Like

I’m playing Mercy rn maybe you should try playing the game. :thinking:

Seconded. Sounds like an amazing plan :wink:

I’m playing mercy rn and I completely disagree with you. :thinking:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

1 Like

You sure? Cause i’m pretty sure that hero’s name is really “Valkyrie, the underpowered healer and glorified spectator camera”.

2 Likes

Find a new hero then if you don’t like playing her. >_>

No, it says Mercy when I pick her. Should check yo eyeballs.

Sure, know of any other hero that can ressurect? I’d love to play that one. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

2 Likes

That defeats the purpose of giving feedback. :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

That’s just Zenyatta ult but stronger. Not a good fit.

Lots of people missing the point that Mercy isn’t necessarily in a bad place statistically, that’s arguable and not the point, it’s that she feels like absolute crap to play and with every nerf her skill ceiling is driven further into the ground. There’s very little variables when playing the hero. So very little you can do to actually play her badly, even less you can do to play her well. Prework Mercy had a much bigger range.

Also she didn’t feel like a sluggish, highly situational, damage-boosting pick-me-up slave for all of the 5 other heroes on the team.

Just because she peeved you off a few times by undoing your team’s bad ult economy doesn’t mean rez ult has no place. People are still playing her all the time because people love her character, this isn’t like Sombra who never got a chance to be popular.

1 Like