Best way to fix Mercy

Because people seem to think Mass-Rez was this absolutely insane ability which 100% controlled the entire game up until she was reworked, so the only way to remove this unfounded paranoia that has no statistical evidence anywhere is to put the idea forward as being weak, and Blizzard will fix it from there.

2 Likes

What about Luminum’s suggestion that Mercy heals more the closer she is to a target? 60hps close. 50hps mid and 40 long. She has the mobility to do this and it would be down to the player how risky they want to play.

You remember this is how Mercy was F tier before they added invulnerability. I don’t see the devs settling for F tier knowingly.

I was totally with this idea until I saw the Valkyrie on e…

Mass Rez was balanced to only have guardian angel so mercy wasn’t too strong during the whole fight. She had a average start and poor midfight (compared to other supports) but a game changing end fight ultimate which was very annoying to play against.

Adding extra mobility such as Valkyrie raises mercy mobility that much more and raises her survuability that much more. It would allow mercy to survive situation in which she shouldn’t and the increase to her survivability would mean more healing and overall more mass Rez.

I really want to push that mercy was balanced to only have mass Rez and guardian angel as abilities for a reason…

Ps the last time mercy had a good start, mid and end fight was when she was broken hence why I think if mass Rez were to return, mercy would have to only have guardian angel to balance out her strong af ultimate.

1 Like

Give Mercy Damage Reduction instead of Invulnerability - problems solved

Can we potentially add more skill to Mercy ? I mean , she’s not “No skill” hero as people say , she requires skill , but can we add more? It would be great

Another idea I had that would technically increase her skill floor and ceiling would be to have her E be some sort of “beacon”, a floating device she could deploy anywhere that would then act as a guardian angel target until either destroyed or canceled. She’d be able to hold and deploy two at a time or something but have them be destroyed upon either it getting shot, her dying, or her manually deleting them with a cancel command while looking at them. (Or just, like Symm, throwing another one to replace the earliest thrown one.)

No, that’s punishing the Mercy player for proper positioning. You always want to have some distance between you and your patient.

don’t shoot the messenger

But I have to go battle Mercy if I want any value now!

Pew pew

1 Like

I don’t agree with cast time as her mass rez was weak before invulnerability. I also disagree with valk on E. I think she would need an E for mid fights, but valk would be too strong on E. The reason is mercy is an extremely mobile hero and one of her weaknesses is that she relies on her team to be mobile. Allowing her free flight on CD would be too OP as she is already mobile and would be hard to kill. Surviving is a skill for Mercy’s and I think it would water down that skill too much. I do think it’d be fun, but I don’t want other supports to be put on the shelf again and I don’t want her to be easily killed.
Mass rez with Los and maybe a damage reduction or CC resistance would help her without her ult being too powerful or too weak.

THIS, please that would be so, so, so perfect

I think Valk on E shouldn’t be just flight, maybe increasing her healing output and damage boost for a bit when using it. Keep it single target tho, that is very important.

Sounds like a great solution to me OP. Let’s make it happen!

In the english voiceline, the “Heroe’s Never Die” line is about 1 second long (1.2 seconds specifically if I recall). I think that a 1 second cast time would be a nice middle ground for the other translations that may have a longer line, without making it instant. It would essentially be as long as waiting for Guardian Angel to reset. A full self heal on successful resses would also be a nice compromise for having vulnerability so I wouldn’t mind it. For me personally, I’d love damage reduction even more.

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

1 Like

Free flight would make her OP by giving her too much survivability.

Plz don’t bring back mass rez, sincerely a mercy main

2 Likes

I think this is a nice idea, but there are several reworks I think work better. Here’s one example:

1. Revert healing back to 60 hps. This needs to be included in any future change for Mercy. She doesn’t work without it.

2. Res is no longer on a 30 second cooldown. I think this also needs to be included in any future change. In this version, every use of Valkyrie gives you one charge of res. You don’t have to use the res during Valkyrie. Res cast is the same as it is now. You can hold up to 3 charges. This makes res much more rare differentiates the good Mercy’s from the bad, allows for some higher impact plays (though this should happen pretty rarely), and allows for some interesting decision making.

3. The secondary heal beams in Valkyrie heal for 40 hps. The primary one heals for 80. This should result in an overall healing nerf, while making Valkyrie feel both more involved and more impactful.

1 Like

If this reworked Mercy goes through, you could use Valkyrie with Mass Res.

Think about that.

Because an immortal Genji blade or an immortal Pharah barrage would be much more appropriate… seriously… you think Resurrect is bad? Imagine completely invulnerable.

best way to fix mercy- keep her as she is now