Berf ideas for Junkrat

Because I think you’re misunderstanding what I’m saying. It’s absurdly easy to dodge grenades when you see them. I’m not talking about the cases where he’s shoot down a cooridor or through a choke. You have to be an idiot to die to that. What I’m saying is his grenades were bouncy and rolled a lot in the past, which often made them end up in locations very far from where you could ever predict, or even know they’re coming from. A junkrat can shoot grenades through a doorway of another room where you can’t even see or hear him and end up hitting you from behind as you retreat from an engagement.

And for the record, I’m not claiming this is a massive problem, I’m just stating it’s annoying. Much like hanzo’s scatter arrow. Was rarely an actual issue in game but it was just annoying as heck to play against

But isnt that, technically the trade off that makes it balanced?

Unreliable, But Unpredicteable

Yeah, its annoying, like you said, but

What isnt annoying in this game, To be honest?

Sure you could say that. But I’d say that from a game design perspective, that’s a terrible idea. Game mechanics should be predictable, otherwise it causes frustration to the players. People always ask why certain heroes (like junkrat) appear to constantly be held down in F-tier. It’s because the design of their kits is frustrating to players and the devs are aware of that and don’t want to make the game excessively frustrating to play. As a result such heroes will always have a certain niche where they can be powerful, but will likely never see regular play without a rework.

Depends on what a person considers annoying, I guess. I would personally say that annoying would be when I die to something where death felt undeserved.

Eh, there will always be heros that are less played than others, thats a reality that we have to accept,

As long as the hero is not villified as a throwpick and people get reported for playing them, I think its ok even if some heroes see a lot less play than others, its something expected

i like keeping heros to be unique, even if that means their not really that popular,

I agree, but I also dont think any of the changes they’ve made to junkrat make him less unique. Simply making his grenades smaller, less bouncy, etc, are not changing the fundamental nature of who he is. It’s not like he was turned into a hitscan hero or something.

Also want to agree here. I hate the stigma that some heroes are considered universally throw picks, but I think that has a lot more to do with the combination of being niche and what the current meta is. Though I do hate when people think certain heroes are just universally throw picks.

Its not a change that removes his unique feature yeah i agree

But after the sym, and torb reworks? You cant really blame people for instantly expecting a follow up of that kind

Personally I actually think Torb feels even more unique after his rework. He lost armor packs, sure. But his ult changed from just being “better version of an ability he already had” to something completely new and unique that nobody else has, and totally fitting of his character.

As for sym… I can kind of understand why people dislike her rework conceptually. I still think she’s very unique but there is a lot of her that feels like they could’ve come up with something that fits her a bit more.

Naw just having these two wouldn’t be worth much. It’s just a chain of compensating changes that matter

Junkrat definitely deserves a berf. Nuff said.