Before making threads against 222 role que

What??? He just listed a bunch of them. Are you blind? How are there not arguments? Itā€™s literally pointing out actual advantages of it being implemented.

3 Likes

I mean people want 2v2v2 mainly because of bad players not bad comps its not going to change that much in terms of players but itā€™ll dumpster balancing heroā€™s since certain heroā€™s canā€™t function in 2v2v2

My main issue with it is itā€™s intended to be a solution to a problem we never had in the first place.

Most games are already 2/2/2 when left to their own devices, only in the current system, you could actually swap around who plays what.

Not to mention, other compositions also work. Attitude is half the battle, and half the reason why you lose with other comps is because people give up and throw a fit whenever they see anything that isnā€™t 222, not because the actual composition you actually have is bad.

Iā€™ve had plenty of games where my teammates go ā€œUgh why didnā€™t you go second tank or something?ā€ and I need to step up and say ā€œItā€™s fine, I can handle solo tanking.ā€ And guess what? I do, and we win.

People really need to stop putting so much focus on what heroes people are picking and put more into how theyā€™re playing those picks. If you guys just did that, you wouldnā€™t need 2/2/2 either.

one of the biggest redeeming qualities of games like overwatch is being able to change your team composition as the game goes on. this will severely limit that and ruin the fun for alot of people you dont need a better reason than that

It limits player flexibility and choice, those types of changes are always bad.

They could have gone 1-1-1 and 3 flex slots and actually left some choice in while creating more structure, but they went full retard, you never go full retard.

Longer que times are a slight concern but 30mins is heavily exaggerated. Hopefully role based SR encourages the learning of multiple roles :grin:

I dont think it, i know it. Even when i play to the best of my ability in an awful multi dps team comp the team with more structure and balance will usually win

Thanks, im sure after a couple months people will see how much they over exaggerated and we can all enjoy a much better competitive experiencešŸ˜

This is news to meā€¦ which ones?

Not in my experience. Majority of the fun ones were 222 but there was also 3,4,5 and even the odd 6 dps comps which is a massive concern for a competitive game. Also switching between roles can often be detrimental as stated below.

Read quote above pls

Until they get avoided in to the fifth dimension.

Brig moira reaper pharah (maybe) outside of niche situations torb sym orisa road hammond bastion baptiste

*sticks fingers into ears
LA LA LA LA NOT LISTENING LA LA LA LA LA

Thatā€™s basically it.

As a former flex player you could not be further from the truth.

Role queue benefits one tricks. It destroys flex players.

1 Like
  • Brigs been reworked to fit better,
  • pharah is fine in 222
  • moira is gonna be extremely good if her buff goes live
  • reaper should be fine
  • syms best in a 222 imo
  • torb is good right now imo
  • orisa hog are both great in 222
  • i find hammond is more effective in 222 than as a solo tank
  • bastion may possibly struggle
  • Baptiste will be fine imo
1 Like

Brig doesnā€™t work since sheā€™s a melee hero who got her tanking aspect gutted and she barely heals more

I said maybe pharah since sheā€™ll get counterpicked and then there isnā€™t a point in using her

Outside her buff that she can use fade during stuns im not sure what other buffs she got but why would you choose her over ana when she works in tank heavy comps the best with her close ranged heal and tank heavy comps cant exist anymore also if you were to use her in a deathball type comp dive is also a 2v2v2 comp so itā€™ll get countered

For reaper torb and sym what situations would justify using them over mccree soldier doomfist genji tracer pharah ashe widow or even sombra

Outside of bunker they are niche

Who synergises with hammond in the same role

I agree that bastion will struggle

The thing about baptiste is there are better comboā€™s that work that you would most likely take zen lucio or ana lucio or mercy zen

She heals more now

This happens outside of 222

Her buff will make her incredibly good if it goes through. Shes got a lower skill floor so easier to use effectively. She has amazing self sustain and ability to 1v1 dps heroes and provides great heals, especially to a deathball comp.

Sym for TP and area denial, torb for good multi angle dps and solid zoning ult, reaper against winston etc. EVERY hero is viable.

He works well with ANY tank imo but especially synergises with Dva and Zarya quite well.

He enables bunker comps more and always is a good option to have due to his Immortality Field.

you seem to be ignoring the fact that changing your team comp as time goes on to counter the other team is the fun part its irrelevant if people think there is no need for it its a part of what makes the games enjoyable

Oh boy.

Yah, until you get a Mei main and a Junkrat main that are terrible at hitscan when the enemy team has a Pharah.

ā€œimoā€ is correct.

These are just your opinions, I highly doubt RoleQ will ā€œfixā€ that much in this game, the only thing it will guarantee is that it will simply force you into a 2-2-2 comp, thatā€™s it.

Youā€™ll still have leavers, throwers, trolls, people that donā€™t switch, canā€™t aim and so on. Stop thinking this will make the game perfect.

Tbh both sides are exaggerating.

However, personally for me, long queue times seals it.

1 Like

This isnā€™t a big concern, but Iā€™m worried it will make trying to improve as a DPS harder.

Currently if Iā€™m trying to get good at Ashe and it isnā€™t really working, I can swap to Reinhardt past a certain point. But with 2-2-2 Iā€™d be taking up a coveted DPS slot, and have less flexibility in swapping.

1 Like

I mean wouldnā€™t role lock make one tricking easier?

Throwing in spawn will become less frequent in 2-2-2 though. People that throw in spawn with 2-2-2 will also throw without 2-2-2, but some people who throw without 2-2-2 might not throw with 2-2-2.

Once again, this will not be as bad with 2-2-2 as it is without it. You are guaranteed to have a fairly well rounded comp. Will you always get comps that have great synergy? No, but letā€™s face it: even when you do get comps like that, itā€™s pretty rare for the team to actually capitalize on that synergy.

Yeah. What else is new?

This is a fact.

It decreases chances of completely ruining a comp based on 1 or 2 questional picks due to added structure.

Play dva, winston, orisa, zen, ana, baptiste and try your hardest to zone the pharah whilst doing your job as a tank/healer.

If u cant win that game and it upsets u then maybe que as DPS

Well, its kinda common sense.

Theres always gonna be higher chance of teamwork when u run with 2 tanks/healers compared to 4-5 dps comps, especially in solo q with lack of coms

Absolutely no1 claims it will make the game perfect.

It will be a much better competitive experience though :grin: