Battle pass ending is dumb

so if i decide i want to splurge a little and take myself out for a wagyu steak instead of a ribeye that must mean we ALL have dodgy connections “up top”

like common man, your argument can be beat in any way, try something with substance, not everyone is a poor, bitter, and angry at blizz.

A wagu stake is edible and has value, sure you might struggle to sell it on but still nutrition is required to live. Where as a digital doll dress you pay way over the top for cant be sold on has absolutly no use and isnt needed to live, its also on its way to the digital dump. I dont think you couldn’t of come up with a more stupid annalogy if you paid for it.
Congrats you paid to rent digital trash.
Oh and thanks for the projection at the end too, you would probably be less skint if you didnt waste money paying to play dress up with digital dollies.

That is the entire point of a battleplans - to make it grindy so people have to buy levels if can’t complete it.

This is also why you shouldn’t spend money before you have completed it (or at leas obtained what you wanted to get)

Battle pass being time-limited is quite normal. My main issue with it is the slow rate of progression, only during the double XP days the pace feels somewhat reasonable. The current pacing requires so much of time investment daily that it starts to feel like chores.

you pay for the ability to get stuff

Exactly, I think the way halo does it is really good and pro consumer. Having more stuff available and you can choose what you grind for. But of course blizzard wants to pressure you to buy battle pass tiers because of that time sensitivity

1 Like

like fortnite ? league of legends ? valorant ? hello ?

I agree people should have the time to finish it at their own pace even if it overlaps into a new season.

I agree, even though i will never buy a battlepass. It is this way on purpose to force high game activity.

A safe workaround until and if they fix this is to complete as many levels as you can and then decide the last day if the price is worth it for whatever you managed to unlock.

This is how battlepasses work they are inherently scummy and turn the game into a chore.

In a year or so everything will be sold back to you at double the price. It’s is so manipulative and fundamentally forces you into a state of fomo (and in fortnites case peer pressure and bullying)

You should have access to the content paid but every battle pass says that it is accessible for a limited time. You purchased it knowing its gonna expire sometime. It would be a problem if they said this bp is temporary but they didn’t. It’s the same system used in every single online game nowadays.

Don’t buy battle pass

2 Likes

It’s a bit more complicated than some other passes because of the 20% exp bonus which isn’t retroactive. So you may have been able to complete it if you bought early, but if you wait to ensure you get far enough and you only make it to 60, then you “missed out”.

Obviously this was intentional.

A bit more complicated, sure… but not by much. A 20% bonus isn’t that much, coming from someone who completed the pass entirely without it.

And you can get a 20% bonus by playing in a group anyway.

But this post isn’t about you or me (I easily finished it, but I own it), it was about those who are struggling to finish it. OP owns it and still isn’t finishing. That 20% could make or break whether the BP was worth the money.

Well if a 20% bonus would be the difference between you finishing it or not, then yeah, I’d still say you shouldn’t be buying it.

If only we could all see the future.

i get it and i dont like this either but dont all bps work like this in all games that use this system ?

Anybody that bought it not expecting they’d have to play the game semi-regularly enough to complete it won’t make that mistake again. A $10 loss isn’t so bad.

Pretty much every game with BPs have them fully removed once the season is over. Fortnite, Val, OW2, etc.