Battle pass ending is dumb

Heres the deal, If I pay for the battle pass. I SHOULD ALWAYS be able to access it to complete what I PAID FOR! Blizzard, this is shady! I have been working insane hours for a client that has been difficult to work with due to time constraints. I have the battle pass on one of my accounts and its kind of annoying the stuff I paid for I probably wont get. Change that cause its stupid!

On a side note. OW players you guys can help me lmao. DO me a huge solid and watch this and like it. Im trying to get this client to have more fun with videos cause its YouTube and umm, thats what works! Help me save my income from this gig LMAO please, I got way too many bills to pay haha. (im the taller guy, shorter dudes my brother lol)

7 Likes

YES!

however the REASON they’re doing this is because it forces engagement. Something they are desperately trying to boost up in any way they can currently. Possibly because of some sort of focus on that metric entirely or pressure from the board.

But you can see it in every single thing they do:

WATCH TWITCH !
LOGIN TO GET STUFF!
PLAY DURING THIS THING TO GET STUFF!
DO THIS STUFF DAILY AND WEEKLY!

18 Likes

Yup. Basically. So lame, I really hate the way theyre handling F2P. Its kinda horrible. Also sorry for posting that video LMAO. Im trying to essentially save a job that I kinda need right now so again. Dead serious absolutely massive for anyone that can watch it and drop a like. Thats not the point of this post but I really do need to get through to this client and it might help. Figured ask fellow gamers at the same time I complain about this BS battle pass lol

2 Likes

People actually watch it? I just assumed everone just left it running for view time and ignored it…

2 Likes

I mean… as far as they care it’s the numbers that matter. They don’t care if you’re actually paying attention, just give them metrics to point at and ask for more money with.

Oh i know… its like boosting for the streamers who keep a high social credit score with blizzard

Are there any games out there with battle passes that completely lock the content away from the people that payed for it? Seems a little harsh. And a rip off.

Yes, and those games also tend to structure their passes. To be near impossible to complete without either living on the game or buying progression

Exactly. I get with a F2P game they need income. I get that as my company is currently desperate for income so yeah, I get it lmao. But no, this is BS trying to sell me battle pass tiers after I paid for the battle pass… Thats some shady BS Blizzard. Extremely shady! I edited 22 hours last week unpaid with my company and you guys trying to fleece me for any extra few pennies you can. Pathetic.

I’m all for the idea of battle passes not expiring, however if you’re not sure you’ll be able to complete the pass… you really shouldn’t be buying it.

Dang… which games though? I really feel like The Master Chief collection did it perfectly with their season contents. Every season is permanent and the content of each season can be unlocked at any time. That kind of system should be the standard.

Even though battlepasses shouldn’t be the standard to begin with, but I digress.

I agree. I can’t play everyday, mainly because it’s frustrating and not fun after awhile also because of work. I’m barely on level 34. Just trying to get to 50 for the Mercy skin and that’s it. This battle pass stuff really isn’t for me. Debating if I should buy the next one. I feel like I threw money away for something I couldn’t complete.

1 Like

I do get that as well. But in all honestly to take away what someone paid for simply because they didn’t have the time to play enough is wrong, Honestly it shouldn’t be legal. I’m paying for the privilege to grind for items. Putting these items digital or not behind a pay and a time wall is simply wrong. I would NEVER do that type of thing with my company. Even after a clients contract ends I’m still obligated to edit and finish anything we shot within the time frame the contract was still good. Essentially what they’re doing is closing out a contract and leaving all unfinished work as unfinished and that’s not good business.

The gamez that do, either die pretty fast or fade in to obscurity…

Paladins and gundam evolution are the only ones i can think of…

Paladins has faded into obscurity, and gundam evolution is on the verge of death

When it comes to monetization the pass is the only thing blizzard did right, and thats coming from someone, whos not a fan of passes at all

2 Likes

If there’s one thing Halo did absolutely right it’s keeping the BP permanently accessible.

That being said, I do think the trade off should be that there is that no currency (premium) is added to the unlocks in order to maintain a profitable aspect of the pass.

1 Like

I could see that. Id be cool with it honestly. I mean the battle pass isnt a crazy high cost so ehh, but thats again if you can unlock from it whenever. it ending is just bad.

(Also thank you guys/girls for the few that checked out that video. Its really helpful honestly thank you, I dont know how else to get through to this dude that having fun with this stuff is the way to go, they’ve been in their own way of growing for 6 months by not doing what ive told them to do and its getting old).

1 Like

…it’s not ‘shady’ but it’s perhaps a bit ‘greedy’… :wink:

Reason for BP to ‘expire’:

• FOMO
  • create a culture of getting people ‘used’ to buying the BP (not fomo but spending behavior modification) :slight_smile:

…yeah I kinda get that. Would be nice to have a backlog of passes to spend exp on if people played more/less one season.

That said, I suspect Blizz are ‘training’ people to get used to the 2-monthly BP spend… :slight_smile:

1 Like

AND MAYBE WE DONT EVEN GIVE IT TO YOU

-Blizzard Activision

2 Likes

Why pay for something that has 0 value? You have to have a few dodgy connections up top to pay so much for something that just gets deleted when blizzard shut the servers down.

This is why you don’t buy a battle pass until you’ve already completed it. Live and learn.