Bastion's pickrate has been steadily declining in GM

That’s the point of this thread. they use him 6% of 1% of the time and not all of it is in that niche and his winrate has dropped to 50% meaning the only time he’s ever good is when he’s played and he’s still only average there and it’s becoming less worthwhile to do it. If it were that good he’d have a much higher winrate and pickrate and yet it’s actually dropping. Junkertown is not enough.

1 Like

Can’t wait for the eventual rework that completely nueters him!

like reducing spread? Bad Bastion’s won’t handle a more precise gun very well. Good Bastion’s will capitalize on it. There’s more skill involved instead of just hold M1=barrier’s dead because he can use it to kill people as well.

yup, isnt that the problem with new hanzo ?

Good players are total monsters with him.

Anyone who are above plat generally have good aim.

And what I highlighted is the point why Bastion, as long as his turret mode is working as it is, will never get any real buffs, because when he can sit somewhere for long enough, not fearing to get countered, he just presses his “I win button” and sees people melting down like crazy.

This is not fun to play nor to play against. I do agree with SPGG, adding him was a really bad idea. But Overwatch is full of bad ideas…

Nobody has ever asked for an “I win” button. Now this is factual, you’re in bronze, reducing spread will make it harder for the Bastion’s there to deal with flankers. If he can’t hit them he can’t hurt them.

This effects both places in different ways.

You are acting as if this is an either or scenario. Such as “either he’s OP or UP because of sentry”. People give up too easily. People see something they don’t like then say

He has a 48% winrate and a 2% pickrate in bronze. He’s not even good their. IDK where all this OP in bronze stuff game from it needs to die considering it’s not true.

Guess what? Roadhog oneshotting people was “unfun” and yet nobody whined he shouldn’t have been added. Guess what they did? They balanced it and it worked.

If they actually listen to the community there are a ton of good ideas out there and input on what causes his problems. Put hundreds of people together and a popular idea will rise.
This was a poll for non Bastion players:

out of 425 votes from non Bastion players the top two results was reduce spread and add back headshots.
This was a poll for Bastion players:

out of 255 votes from Bastion players the top two results was also to reduce spread and add back headshots.

This thread has 272 likes and 40 dislikes on the old forums in favor of reverting sentry:
Overwatch Forums

Most of the people I’ve met on this thread also want something similar:
Bastion is being forgotten

I have butt loads of statistics support and evidence that something needs to change and the majority of people who care to vote about it want essentially the same thing: old sentry back.

1 Like

Then reward them for good aim. BTW he was still underpowered with low spread and headshots. People seem to forget this part very easily :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

lol he wasnt underpowered with headshots.

He was a monster, but he was a glass cannon at the same time.

He couldnt self heal while walking and he wasnt able to get up and set up as quickly as he could now. He didnt have iron clad as well. But he was still a monster sniping out pharahs in thin air.

Sure, he died regularly. But i loved him before than his current state.

I dont think reverting to that keeping him as it is with other buffs he got is a good idea.

Also ow has now changed and people could run more versatile comps that enables him.

Like brigitte with dual shields as well spamming her E at him every 6 seconds.

Things could get bad if you buff his sentry more.

All he needs is buff on recon like i said. Im most of the time right with my predictions and ideas. :slight_smile:

Explain to me how he was still considered trash then?

That’s what I was getting at. The majority of people who care enough to give input seem to just want a full sentry revert. It seems you are too so I guess join us?

Most of the time, not all of the time. You main Tracer by a mile. With a revert pulse bomb would leave him with 5 HP afterwards. That’s a direct upgrade to you as well as a significant power shift from sitting there and healing to actually shooting.

1 Like

He got reworked because he was considered a troll pick. Even when he had headshots and a small spread.

People asked for changes to help reduce his dependency on being babysat to function. He was too team dependent. Not to mention Recon needed a little bit to help it.

He did NOT need his primary mode nerfed to make recon better. It is not like he could use his sentry gun while in recon. In terms of his internal balance Recon Mode, Sentry Mode, and Tank Mode all have their own separate internal balance. Which is why Tank Mode sucks because Ironclad was nerfed for Sentry issues with no compensation for Tank mode. Which is also why Recon is good now, but overall bastion is being dragged down by a under performing Sentry and Tank mode.

2 Likes
  1. He was considered trash because he had a huge weakness. He was considerably bad at recon than now which made the only option for him was to like sit in one place and shoot away. But he was really good at the shooting part. Yet, he was very easy to kill. That loophole was enough for a team game like ow to exploit and put him down and out in pickrates.

Current bastion on recon perhaps isnt great at long range sniping, but if you some how can set up on a great place you could still do tons of damage while being able to survive more.

1. I love bastion, but I dont want blizzard to make this cheese heroes. I want blizzard to make high skill heroes. I personally believe his sentry is fine, it serves its purpose and only problem he has is that he cannot use recon well to synergize it with his sentry.

Like if you take volskya point B, if you can set up on point, you are gonna do a world of hurt on the enemy team, this is his strength. The more mobile you are the more chance and openings he can make like this.

Hence, why i like to see him buffed on his recon mode.

1. Sure i main tracer by a mile, and this is not a hate thread. I love tracer. ya, no sh*t sherlock. But I love to play bastion too.
    But i dont want them to make broken heroes as well.

Bastion is in a very bad state now, and I strongly believe they need to buff his recon to allow him to get to those great sentry positions and get out when things go bad.

I dont want another hero, where people just sit in one place and cheese themselves to victory.

Anyways i have stated my ideas. No point arguing with you. People like different varieties of him i guess. Some people like to cheese it out, while some dont.

and that sentry’s spread sucks so horribly that you have to be way too close as a immobile hero even with ironclad.

I don’t know how this makes sense. Buff recon so you can set up in sentry and then promptly leave sentry.

This only started becoming something people have noticed because of ironclad. I don’t know if you thought of the mechanics but he effectively has more HP and yet doesn’t need more healing. Healing is 20% more efficient therefore pirateship is more efficient just because of ironclad. If you revert it that goes away.

1 Like

I don’t want “cheese” I want to be able to use sentry without instantly exploding and without requiring a barrier tank to use it at all. He has to sit still for so long to kill barriers or tanks that he is most likely just going to die. speed that up against the tanks underneath the barrier and then we can talk about recon because he will be able to get more done in a shorter time.

BTW I have to go for tonight.

Ya i get it. his main issue still is getting blown up while in sentry. There are 2 ways to do this.

1. give him back sniper bastion where he can do loads of damage staying safe way back

Or

1. Buff his recon so that he can get to those cool angles better where he can surprise people with his short burst of sentry and then quickly being able to get out before blowing up to pieces.

I prefer 2nd option as it allows more tactical and thoughtful gameplay than just staying back and pressing M1 while being good at aiming.

I would reign terror on him if you give him option 1 as im already pretty good at tracking heroes. I really would dream that day would come. But at the same time i dont want this game to be broken also.

So, yeah option 2 for me. and I will stop my conversation here in this thread. Im sure i made myself clear.

We both have and it’s obvious neither will change their mind so yeah we should probably stop. This could go on forever.

1 Like

yup agree (20 characters)

1 Like

Poor PTSD bot…

1 Like

just get rid of the hanzo-zarya meta and its gonna be a good start

didnt devs say as long as they have a “niche” they can do good in thats fine even if they cant do well outside of that niche?

Also, another buff I think would greatly benefit Bastion is to remove the self-damage of his tank gun. It’s weird that they penalize the use of it as a mobility option, when you are already wasting a shell to do so. I guess they don’t want players to come to close to the enemy also, but come on, other ults are much more powerful.