Bastion thread: The recent hitscan changes are good but

theres only two that were bad out the gate and that was valkrie for them beating around the bush and wasting time and roadhogs which at least gave a great buff to his healing I’d take his new take a breather over his old gun anyday because it helps him keep up,

Bastions was great but the ironclad nerf was only complained about by console users and should have ONLY been for console.

the problem with symmetra 2.0 was that it showed auto lock was broken with how forgiving it was even doing extra damage when it detached and instead of even attempting to fix it they just removed it all together and ultimately nerfed her teleporter since you can’t charge from spawn anymore as well as remove all personal defensive options, the only reason her wall was made was so they wouldn’t have to fix her ultimate charge rate which is still ridiculous.

Hmm…I think one of bastion’s biggest problems is…what does he have aside from turret mode? If he had another option that wasn’t “go here and set up, then wait” I think he would have a lot more variety. Now variety doesn’t necessarily mean viable, but more than just hard countered by observant caution.

Recon which is almost perfect now but they decided for some unknown reason it was a good idea to reduce sentry damage by 2x potential damage and wreck its spread so really outside of sentry is fine for what he’s supposed to do.

Another popular idea is to allow him to use tankmode on E with a boost type ult. It’s basically the same rework they keep doing over and over again but it actually makes sense on Bastion. Why have 3 modes if one’s locked behind and ult? Why can’t he use all 3 of them?

Interesting. Not sure about a boost type ult. Maybe one that was similar to his beta version where he got a personal shield?

I particularly like this question.

1 Like

But it did fix that issue. Sure tanks can still be melted but they have a chance to respond. Previously if a scatter hit a Rein when his shield was down that was that. Now when Hanzo starts storm arrow spamming Rein can put up his shield and suddenly only ONE of them hit him.

Tanks have more then a chance to respond now.

Start with this

Sentry Revert
  • Configuration Sentry
    • Reduce maximum spread to 2° (Currently 3°)
    • Bloom added to weapon
      • Initial accuracy of 1.25°, bloom starts after 0.3 seconds of continuous fire
      • Reaches 2° after 0.3 seconds of additional continuous fire
    • Headshots added
    • Ammo count reduced to 200 (Currently 300)
  • Ironclad
    • Passive damage resist removed
    • Only applies during self-repair
    • Damage resistance increased to 25%
  • Self-repair
    • No longer consumes resources when it cannot heal Bastion
    • Starts healing instantly instead of having an 0.5 second delay
    • Able to reload while repairing
    • Applies Ironclad for duration of repair
  • Configuration Tank
    • No self damage
    • Tread sounds reduced slightly
    • Adds 150 armor

If Blizz thinks he’s killing people too fast, and/or they want to raise his skill floor/ceiling, then replace the Sentry mode section with this

Slight Sentry nerf
  • Configuration Sentry
    • Damage reduced to 12
    • Headshots added
    • Bloom added to weapon
      • Initial accuracy of 1.25°, bloom starts after 0.3 seconds of continuous fire
      • Reaches a maximum of 2° after 0.3 seconds of additional continuous fire
    • Ammo reduced to 250
    • Deals 25% bonus damage to barriers

Boom, non-OP Bastion. If they went with the nerfed Sentry mode, his DPS will be lower in lower ranks where good headshot accuracy is less common, and he’ll do better in higher ranks where good headshot accuracy is more common. His barrier damage will remain unchanged, because it doesn’t make much sense to nerf that. Basically what they tried to do with the spread nerf, only it doesn’t feel awful to use because you miss 60% of your shots even with perfect accuracy.

If you want a full rework, then do this (It’s a Tank on E thread). The Sentry nerf thing also works there too, but I still think it’s better to start off slightly strong, and then make slight nerfs (assuming they do said nerfs on the PTR, and not in the following months…)

I think his main problem though is survivability, which is why I think Bliz should remove ironclad and give him the barrier (though not 1000 health.) This should allow him to be less reliant on his team and add more surviveability.

He would still have Ironclad, just not passively… I don’t think his survivability would really be that huge of a setback if he had his damage back. If he can kill before being killed, then I think he would be fine.

Putting a barrier on E would be okay I suppose, but they’d have to be careful with it… Not allow him to shoot while using it or something. Have it be for surviving things like Storm Arrows, a Hook, a D.va bomb, but not allow him to kill while remaining unkillable…

Alright, spit-balling here: Bastion auto-repairs in recon mode at half the current rate of his activated ability. E - Configuration Tank, but each shot does 120 damage in stead of its current 205, and his HP is reduced to 200 with no armor while in this mode.

As for a new ult… I don’t know…Configuration: Helicopter?

Either that or make it so his ult speeds up his transformation times so he can zip back and forth super fast between them.

Bastion is f tier in bronze like he is everywhere else. It turns out even the worst players can handle an immobile turret.

Bastion has his niche uses no other hero has and i don’t think it would take much to push him over the top. What’s most worth addressing about him is his clunky ultimate. Just increasing the transformation time in and out of tank form is all i want to see for now. Letting him end tank form into sentry form (instead of always recon) would be really nice, as well.

I mean…I see bastion as having really only 1 method. Either shoot in recon or shoot in sentry. Outside of these, bastion really doesn’t have a lot of options or choices.

He really needs better accuracy, even if it means lowering his damage. It’s extremely frustrating not being able to hit your targets simply because you have a spread the size of a shotgun on a stationary turret…

I refer you to the post I made earlier with the Sentry revert and Sentry nerf. He needs to be more consistent, even if they want to roughly keep his current damage values (though that would be near impossible, because he does a LOT less damage at range, so they’d have to just pick a good damage value for him).

You’re not wrong about the Tank mode transforms though, that should probably also be addressed… His ult is extremely annoying to use because of the 5 minute transform times…

He seems inherently designed that way to me, and that’s not specifically bad. All he has to be is a hero that works in specific situations and forces the enemy to adapt to you. As soon as they do, the Bastion player should swap off, just like any hero that starts getting countered.

I think the spread is mandatory to keep him in check as primarily a shield/tank buster :man_shrugging: I certainly don’t want to see an Overwatch where Bastion is effective at every range in both sentry and recon xD

So… as soon as the enemy actually attack me?

Got it. -.-
Flawless logic.

I payed 60$ For that Overwatch.
And would gladly pay that again, if only i could play it for one last time.
I actually had fun back then…

Spread isn’t the way to keep him in check though. All that does it make him infuriating to play because you should have had that kill, but because of the spread, you weren’t even close. And then other times, you get lucky, and you do get the kill… RNG should not be an inherent part of his kit. I’m fine with either reducing his base damage or reducing his range, I just want better spread so that skill is actually rewarded, and he isn’t literally forced to be a spray and pray character. Reducing the spread makes no difference against shields, because you’re going to be hitting basically all of your shots anyway… He’s not really a tank buster, because he can’t kill the tanks before they kill him. The only tanks he actually counter are Winston and Hammond, all of the rest either counter him, or it’s a neutral fight.

If you’d like more information on how bad his spread really is, you can check out this thread. He does about the same damage as a Soldier with 25% headshot accuracy at 25 meters, and he’s basically useless at any distance beyond that. If he could move, that would be fine, but since he’s stationary, he has absolutely no way to close the gap between himself and the enemy besides trying a 1 second transform 3 inches from their face. It’s a really really bad game design to have him so insanely inaccurate. It works on flankers (he has about the same spread as Sombra and Tracer, slightly larger than Sombra, and a fair bit smaller than Tracer) because they can easily get close to the enemy. Bastion doesn’t have that luxury.

I’d also like to throw in that Sentry used to be viable at longer ranges, and it wasn’t broken… He wasn’t viable at long range, but he was at medium range, which is supposed to be his intended range anyway.

I mean, if you are playing alone without any team strategy, yeah, you should probably get destroyed. xD

So… If i solo queue, and play to the best of my ability, i should stand no chance anyways?

Got it.
Duly noted.