Bastion, still the worst hero in the game

Because he is extremely boring to play.

4 Likes

Doesn’t matter, if he dominates as much as you claim he would be a big pick in the lower ranks.

5 Likes

Bastion needs a complete rework. It’d be for the best, for everyone. I’d personally lean hard into the transformation gimmick, steal a lot of inspiration from Transformers: Fall of Cybertron in making the transformation fluid and dynamic, and go from there.

The game needs to move away from “Choke Points: the Be-All End-All,” anyway, which Bastion is pretty much designed for.

11 Likes

This is one thing that I love about Bastion. Transformation heroes have always been my favorite in any game. My problem is, is that many community thought up reworks try to bend away from that and it would deter me from ever playing Bastion again. Now if there is a rework that instead focuses solely on making him a true transofrmer hero, I would gladly go along with it. Only problem is that Blizzard is so hesitant to change, the community even moreso.

1 Like

Because they aren’t willing to rework him. If they buffed bastion above 5% pickrate I would probably quit. His current design is absolutely horrendous and I am confident that only a fine number of players would actually be okay with playing against current bastion frequently.

3 Likes

Yeah, I love transformations, too. The Transformers game I’m talking about was some of the most fun multiplayer shooter action you’ll ever see.

I think I posted some about it here, but it’s been a while. My idea is that Bastion should constantly be moving and shifting forms to meet a certain need. It’s dynamic and awesome enough even for that sweet OWL viewership!

1 Like

Oh, shut it with that garbage. Popularity isnt equated to ‘fun’ when it comes to competitive viability.

How come you think double shield, the ‘most boring meta’, was played for months on end, and then now in OWL, eh? Despite all the hate Orisa, Moira, Brig and Sigma got for being such bunkering, stationary heroes.

For the vox populi of competitive, what wins is picked. Fun is irrelevant.

Bastion’s never even been popular, but he was picked quite a bit in the 2 days he dared being formidable. Compare that to Moth Mercy’s birth or the skill-gimped Genji we have now.

Popularity is affecting his balance priority, make no mistake, but to base pickrate primarily on the concept of Fun in a competitive environment? That’s just a red tinted straw youre grabbing.

1 Like

wrecking ball is one of the best tanks if a skilled person is playing him

Likewise this is might be why so many players have hate towards him. Though I do not think it is justified most of the time. Nor do I agree with all the hate.

He’s more of a tank than Hog, Zarya, and DVa.
An I play both Hog and Wreckong Ball with a dash of Zarya. Would play more Zarya but it hurts my brain how easy she is compared to all the other tanks.

the only buff i can imagine on him is, giving his old self barrier back, so he doesnt need the whole team just sitting with him 25/8/366. It would be a bad idea giving him back headshots and smaller spread

And he normally is if a team needs to make a brain dead defence to win.

1 Like

I can gurantee more ppl play a character because they are fun rather then how viable they are in comp. Especially in lower ranks.

2 Likes

Bastion died with double shield nerfs.

But you need know its still playable (problems only in gm), but with really good team (really good team stay only in gm)

Watch dimond players

https://imgur.com/a/OwhR0yg
https://imgur.com/a/0u0PasC

Overbuff isn’t untrustworthy. THat’s not how statistics work.

Bastion dosent need buffs, his flaws are his design as a whole. He needs a rework.

1 Like

Fully agree on Bastion, but Sombra only saw pro play and was bad on ladder and she payed for it with heavy nerfs in an environment where you cant even play goats anymore. So, its not like that was a positive thing.

He needs to be reworked into a tank he’s a mess currently with being OP at low ranks and useless at high ranks

Bastion is not even OP in low ranks.
He has a negative winrate in bronze.

But yeah he needs rebalancing. Bein stationary for most of the game is simply not viable unless you make the hero completely broken like when he had ridicilous Ironclad dmg reduction.

He needs a better recon mode.

1 Like

the dev team don’t want niche hero’s to be played often it feels like ;).